Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC question for the group

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will make this a "what if" scenario but I am sure it must have happened. You buy a coin online, it has a CAC sticker, its holdered by PCGS. The coin has a new shiny staple scratch on it on the reverse (could be missed but its there) a quarter inch long. PCGS will look at the coin and if they made a mistake they will make it right. What does CAC do? Do you get $12.50 back? LOL.. What happens? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd call CAC first. If they agree it's an issue they'll buy it back and save you all the rest of the hassle

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would return it to the seller.

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

I think a resticker is $5 now

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

That means at least 3 people looked at it, and missed it. It could happen, but would be few and far between.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I doubt that could occur... sure, one could miss it - possibly, though not likely....and I seriously doubt both services would miss it. Perhaps if it were covered by tarnish, then I could see it happening...however, you said "..new, shiny staple scratch..", so no, not missed by both services. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

could it have been reholdered at which time it got scratched and no one noticed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file