Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Red Flip Group Sub Interest Thread - MOST CARDS SHIPPED - PLS PAY FOR SHIPPING - SEE THREAD

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll increase my quantity to at least 33

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Are we close? I might be able to add 20 more to push this along

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

Looks like we're there if you guys are adding those cards. I'll put together a form before end of the week to fill out and then we'll get into submission date and shipping. Thanks guys.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'm in for 10

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 11:37AM

I have 10 for option 2

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭

grade card and auto grade are really cool !!!!
    much cooler than authentic ..auto grade could boost your value

• Options

Just me thinking
    15 cards x $15 is $225
    Isnt it better just to buy a gold membership and get 15 cards in 10 days for $199? PSA should give a better discount for 500 cards .....

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 11:29AM

Wow, I didn't realize they will now let you use the vouchers for older auto cards. They were excluded last year. I also see that you can do blue flip crossovers again for only $10 vs $25.

• Options

@lawyer05 said:
    Just me thinking
    15 cards x $15 is $225
    Isnt it better just to buy a gold membership and get 15 cards in 10 days for $199? PSA should give a better discount for 500 cards .....

I don't believe they will include PSA/DNA autograph service on your membership renewal voucher. Do you have some sort of confirmation that they will?

• Options

@lawyer05 said:
    Just me thinking
    15 cards x $15 is $225

They've done it for me in the past. Not sure what current standard is. But yeah, math wise you're absolutely right.

• Options
    edited April 1, 2017 3:28PM
  • Options

wait...so it's confirmed? if we have between 10-15 cards we should just order the platinum membership for $200 and get the 15 vouchers we can use for the card/auto numerical grades? we don't have to bother mike and we can do the submission at our own leisure...

• Options

@churchiscool said:
    wait...so it's confirmed? if we have between 10-15 cards we should just order the platinum membership for $200 and get the 15 vouchers we can use for the card/auto numerical grades? we don't have to bother mike and we can do the submission at our own leisure...

Shipping would put you at or over $225 though, right?

• Options

@luftmich said:

@churchiscool said:

Shipping would put you at or over $225 though, right?

if there all the same service..yes ..if not then more ..(.u have to separate if different service)
    I mean the $15 price is good if u double grade card and auto because you would get most value out of it ...im just saying that if u order 500 cards ..psa should give a better discount .because u can achieve the same price with memebership renewal ..of course if u double grade .with the renewal .the 10 days is out the door ..u still have to wait longer ...it no longer is the 10 days ..
    if u have more than 15 cards then the group sub could save u
    but the 4 choices being discuased here here do not give u double grade..card and auto..i love the double grade ..the mariano got..10 and 10 is better than 10 and authentic ..
    by the way ..the only reason I had to double grade was because pre..1996 cards have to be authenticated even if there are certified autographs!!!!!!! but I'm glad I did ... PSA is the best..member for life for me !!!

• Options
  • Options

Fellas just keep me up to date if anyone is proceeding the other way and removing cards from the count. Appreciate it.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

That double grade is choice 1 correct? I can probably add more if you need them just PM me.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

in the platinum package there is some free swag in there and you get a personalized voice greeting from joe orlando for your phone :smiley: ...but i don't have enough to do 15 card/auto GRADES so i'm going to stick with the 10 in here.

just want to clarify that for #1 it's card and auto numerically graded like lawyer's leaf mo rivera.

• Options

SO #1 is Grade Card AND GRADE Auto ?

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Count me in for at least 10, Mike
    thanks

• Options

Ok fellas, can you please send me an email at michaeljurann@yahoo.com? In your email, make sure to put your real name and Board ID so I can cross reference. I'll reply with an Excel sheet to fill out with your submission that needs to be emailed me before you ship. Keeping accurate manifests is of paramount importance. I spent hours and hours sorting last year, which I'm happy to do, but best to make it as easy as possible. Thanks all!

• Options

Sheets going out tonight. Thanks to most of you who have sent me emails. Anyone think they have an issue getting me cards by the 20th? I'll then plan to go to PSA on the 21st.

• Options

Guys, thanks for starting to send spreadsheets. Will be logging them while watching the last round of the Masters on Sunday. Let's push for all cards in on the 20th so they can be submitted on the 21st per previous post.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

Hi Mike
    I have 7 cards to send you.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2017 1:35AM

Hi Mike, can I still get in on this sub?

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

Yes, email me at michaeljurann@yahoo.com. Need to send you spreadsheet to fill out and cards need to be in by April 20th.

By the way, nobody is filling out the spreadsheet by hand, right? Sorry to ask and I bet nobody is but just for safety...reminder that I need it back electronically....and preferably before cards ship so I can prep the submission,

• Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

In the past this option included oversized cards - ex sportscasters. Does it still include those or just things like 69 basketball?

4) Tallboy Grade Card And Auto

• Options

sportscaster is a supersize..not tallboy

• Options

Gents I've updated the log at the top of the thread. I'm still missing quite a few spreadsheets. We're 9 days from me needing all cards. Just a gentle nudge. Thanks.

• Options

It seems sportscasters do not count. PSA just confirmed they're Supersize. lawyer05 was correct

• Options

I'm still working on mine. Hopefully done this week. I'm planning on fed exing cards if need be

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

I have 10 cards I would like to submit.

• Options

Mike--there are only 3 options in the Xcel? Or is the authentic/authentic still in play?

• Options

I didn't see much interest for Authentic/Authentic. If you really want it, just list it as option 4 on your sheet. But one member decided to just list a minimum card grade that it's have to hit to get a # grade. Made sense to me. It would revert to authentic if it didn't meet that grade.

• Options

Thx I will do the min grade thing

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hi Mike, please send me the spreadsheet to fill out. If I want card and auto graded, is it $15x2 for each h card?

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

email me at michaeljurann@yahoo.com

• Options

@VitoCo1972 said:
    Gents I've updated the log at the top of the thread. I'm still missing quite a few spreadsheets. We're 9 days from me needing all cards. Just a gentle nudge. Thanks.

Working on it, sorry. I was waiting for a few items I decided to pick up for this sub and they arrived today. I should be up to about 39 to send in now.

• Options

I don't see my id in the listing at the top.

• Options

spreadsheet sent

• Options

I haven't seen a spreadsheet from you basketball collector. I did send answers to questions. What's your count? Happy to add to thread...although honestly, my internal log is all I'm worrying about at this moment - I'll probably do a mass update to the thread when all cards are in.

• Options

Im sending in Nolan Ryans but they all have the Nolan Ryan auto hologram on the back. Does anyone know how that affects the grade?

• Options

holos on the back won't impact the grade at all

• Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

Do 1968 Basketball HOF Bookmarks count under the Tallboy categorization or are they super sized? They're taller than the 1969 topps cards but not as big as the sportscasters.

• Options

No way for me to get an answer on that from psa today. Will have to ask tomorrow. If another member knows, please weigh in.

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

@VitoCo1972 said:
    No way for me to get an answer on that from psa today. Will have to ask tomorrow. If another member knows, please weigh in.

Autos4Alex: if you can provide the measurements, the inside measurements of the holders are listed on PSAs site. Will be easy to figure once that is known.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2017 6:02PM

@Autos4Alex said:
    Do 1968 Basketball HOF Bookmarks count under the Tallboy categorization or are they super sized? They're taller than the 1969 topps cards but not as big as the sportscasters.

You can find on the PSA website the following information:

_CURRENT PSA HOLDER SIZES

Below are the current approximate card holder sizes. These are the maximum sizes; there are many inserts available to provide a more custom fit for smaller cards. Please note that all cards and tickets vary in size. Occasionally, a card or ticket will not fit into the designated holder. If this occurs it will be placed in a Mylar sleeve and put in an oversized holder. There are also card/ticket issues that PSA's current holders cannot accommodate, but may be holdered in the future as new holders are introduced.

Standard - 2 11/16" x 3 13/16"
    Tall Boy - 3 1/2" x 5 1/ 6"
    Supersized (Ticket) - 3 5/8" x 7 1/2"
    Supersized (Check) - 4 1/4" x 10"
    T-3 Holder - 5 3/4" x 8"_

If you pull up these bookmarks on ebay, the images show them in the supersize ticket holders, so no, they do not qualify for the tall boy holders or for this sub.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpsa+1968-74+bookmarks.TRS0&_nkw=psa+1968-74+bookmarks&_sacat=0

• Options

Gents, I have received spreadsheets to this point totaling 368 cards (plus my own 50). I don't want to panic yet but there are several members who committed to cards in this sub that put us over the threshold of being able to do it who have not sent in spreadsheets (updated logs in first post). If you have an outstanding spreadsheet, please get it in ASAP.

1) A delay only impacts the other board members if I have to wait on getting cards to PSA. It not only takes time to sort cards into the individual submissions but the logging part is a way bigger time constraint than you'd believe. Everyone formats these differently (despite my best efforts to create a plug and play document LOL) and I have to make them all uniform and combine/sort them before even opening the packages with the physical cards.

2) I generally don't want to wait because having your cards at my place always inherently makes me nervous - as it would anyone. I just like getting them from me to PSA as soon as I possibly can (plus you get them back faster).

3) I will add cards to the sub myself but not more than an extra 50-60. If you've committed to cards in this thread, please either tell me that they're not coming or that a spreadsheet will be arriving in my email imminently. If they're not coming, that's fine. But I'd much rather know now.

As mentioned, I had hoped to spend this Wednesday night opening all packages and sorting physically, Thursday night opening any late arriving cards and Friday actually taking them to PSA. Thanks for your understanding.

• Options

Just sent mine. Thanks Mike

• Options

I have quite a few more that I can sub if things look dicey. Let me know.