Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Red Flip Group Sub Interest Thread - MOST CARDS SHIPPED - PLS PAY FOR SHIPPING - SEE THREAD

VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I spoke to PSA. Please post interest here. Once again, we're looking at $15 per card. I'm happy to split the sub into some categories. I think it's best to use the following ones but I can be convinced otherwise:

1) Grade Card AND Auto
2) Grade Card And Auto Authentic Only (if you want the original #3 AUTH/AUTH please set minimum card grade)
3) Tallboy Grade Card And Auto

These submissions are a lot of work and I'd prefer not to separate into more than 4 categories. If an argument can be made to change up a category, I'm ok with it.

We'd need to hit at least the 500 card mark all in to get this done. Please post best guesses here. Note that if you're posting a range ("maybe 10-20"), I'm only counting the bottom edge of your range to estimate whether we can get to the amount of cards necessary.

Also, I will be sending out an excel sheet to fill out when we come up with final numbers if we can get this going. Thanks.

CONFIRMED AND RECEIVED ALL CARDS AND PAYMENTS!
112: VitoCo1972
10: PSAASAP
10: churchiscool
11: rtimmer
10: ghooper33
40: Brandon554
22: MyDaughtersNameIsMattingly
10: spanky74
11: ugaskidawg
20: InitialD
44: miwlvrn
16: MrHockey
14: luftmich
49: tonylags
7 - basketballcollector
33: Andrew96
10: MDillon
31: RipublicanInMA
10: stagno33
12: Slum22
11: BunchOBull
7: yankeesNo7
20: CopperJJ
110: RailsideCards
50: Autos4Alex
11: xtrain000
TOTAL: 699 spread across the three submissions

NOTE: all cards are now in PSA's possession!

Comments

• Options
    luftmichluftmich Posts: 61
    edited March 20, 2017 2:57PM

In for 10 (likely more) "Grade Card And Auto Authentic Only"

Thank you for putting this together

• Options
    kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

Put me down for at least one. Grade Card AND Auto.

My son got Patrick Peterson to sign a card for him at a Cardinals practice. Think it would be cool to get it slabbed for him.

Huge thanks for putting this together.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe 20 to 25-ish for option 1 (standard size w/ card grade)

and

maybe somewhere between 5 & 10 for option 4 (tallboy w/ card grade)

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Put me down for 50; I would probably prefer option 1, but I'll go with the majority.

Can I use Cards in other holders too? If so, I would be closer to 75/80; For example I have some in other no name holders and some in GAI already

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

Cards in other holders would need to be cracked out. Cannot submit in existing non-psa holders. Also, there's a 10 card minimum. I apologize but there just has to be. It's a ton of time packing up people's stuff as it is. In the past, people with a few cards have pooled them and submitted that way.

• Options

I'm in for at least 25, and if anyone has less than 10 I've worked on other group subs a few places, so I would be willing to take add ons, and can show proof of other works since I haven't been here very long. Thanks for putting this together!

• Options
    RailsideCardsRailsideCards Posts: 159 ✭✭
    edited March 27, 2017 4:13PM

I will have 160 for option 2

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Mike - What's the max value on each card that can be sent in under this special?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

I would be down for 10 under #2.

Thanks!

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options

@miwlvrn said:
    maybe 20 to 25-ish for option 1 (standard size w/ card grade)

and

maybe somewhere between 5 & 10 for option 4 (tallboy w/ card grade)

I don't have a super strong preference distinguishing between option 1 and option 2 so if only one of those is going to fly, so be it. Would really like to have the tallboy option included like last time around though.

I am not very interested in option 3 however.

• Options

All 4 options will be on the table. Choosing between them isn't a question. I was just saying I'm not going to do more than those four

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I know you said a minimum of 10. Currently I have 8 for sure and trying to see if I have 2 more lying around that I want to get graded. If not then I guess I will sit this round out.

• Options

I would do 10. Thanks

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Brent - I have a few that I can send your way for a piggyback piggyback.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

Between 20-25 for grade card and auto authentic only, thanks.

We can declare a minimum grade, correct?

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2017 1:59PM

At least one for me for option 3- this would only authenticate the card and auto with no numerical grades as I understand it. I don't really need the numerical grades.

(Would need to piggyback with jeff550.)

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

If we have 10 cards can they be distributed to different categories, or do they all need to be the same?

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

10ish for me, probably mostly authentic only, but some may be card grade only.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

Yes, can cross different categories. 10 min is only for shipping purposes.

@vintagefun said:
    If we have 10 cards can they be distributed to different categories, or do they all need to be the same?

• Options

Confirmed under $250 is max value.

• Options

gonna say 10 at least across the first 3 options. thanks mike! was waiting for this...

• Options
    stagno33stagno33 Posts: 15 ✭✭

Mike, I'm in for 10.

• Options

I'll consolidate number tonight, gents. Would be good to add up where we're at. Thanks.

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I should have about 10 for either option 1 or 2.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

Between Jim and I, we will have at least 10. Thanks for organizing this.

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

Put me down for at least 10

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

I will in for a few but can't tell you how many yet. I'm on vacation and return home on April 2

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Any chance we can get card = authentic and auto = grade. Just checking ebay that seems to be popular or do one of the options include that and I am not seeing it. But NBD if not possible

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

Put me down for 30

Vintage Ohio St. football items, always buying, PM me with any you might want to sell.
    Also looking for 2005T FB AA, 1986T FB, 1960T FB autographed cards
  • Options

In that scenario, it'd probably be cheaper of you to do blue flip, no?

@tonylags said:
    Any chance we can get card = authentic and auto = grade. Just checking ebay that seems to be popular or do one of the options include that and I am not seeing it. But NBD if not possible

• Options

@VitoCo1972 said:

Mike, I don't think the Blue Flip authenticates the card. PSA would not differentiate between an original card or a reprint.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2017 5:42AM

@Dboneesq said:

@VitoCo1972 said:

Mike, I don't think the Blue Flip authenticates the card. PSA would not differentiate between an original card or a reprint.

Exactly, and that is why we're doing a red flip sub. The blue flips used to state the name and year of the card but now they just say "trading card" which completely kills the marketing or allure of a very difficult/valuable signed card (e.g. a 1979 Topps Thurman Munson). The other problem with the old or new blues is they are essentially ghosts where the pop report is concerned because there is NO pop report for blues.

Is anyone is planning on cracking out any old blue flips in order to change them into reds.? (OR would PSA even change them over like a reholdering? Not on this sub, of course, but in general?)

• Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Are multi-signed cards included as long as valued under $250?

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options

Any ballpark estimate for approx when you'd like to receive items by in order to participate in the group sub?

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

He's asking for card authenticated and auto graded
    That would add an option

I can add to this, will have to go through them

• Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have 20 to send in. Thanks for putting this together.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options

@RedHeart54 said:
    Is anyone is planning on cracking out any old blue flips in order to change them into reds.? (OR would PSA even change them over like a reholdering? Not on this sub, of course, but in general?)

PSA used to allow you to send in Blue Flips and they would cross them to Red Flips for the price of an ordinary card (ie Monthy $6.00 special).

HOWEVER, they no longer do this and charge you again to authenticate the auto.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

so can you still send in blue flips w/o cracking them out? what if they fail their own blue flip? :)

• Options

@churchiscool said:
    so can you still send in blue flips w/o cracking them out? what if they fail their own blue flip? :)

Well, see, that's a legitimate concern. Just like cracking out for the hope of a better grade, it could very well become an even lesser grade.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in for 10

Thanks
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

I'm in for 10 or maybe a couple more.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

I'll scrape up 10, red flip with CARD grade

• Options

I'm in for 30 under Option #1

• Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭

I'm in for 50-100, mixture of options 1/4

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I would be in for a minimum of 10 for either Option 1 or 2 (I prefer 2 probably but have no problem doing option 1 if that is the way it goes). Thanks for putting this on.

Steve
  • Options

List up to date. Have to tell you...the auto grade kind of drives me nuts. I have no idea what the criteria is. A received a sub back last week and a couple of the autos were graded 7 and were clean blue sharpie signatures w/ no smudging or dead-sharpie lines. Whatever.

• Options
    basketballcollectorbasketballcollector Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2017 11:31AM

I'd be in for at least 5, perhaps more.

• Options

@RedHeart54 said:

@Dboneesq said:

@VitoCo1972 said:

Exactly, and that is why we're doing a red flip sub. The blue flips used to state the name and year of the card but now they just say "trading card" which completely kills the marketing or allure of a very difficult/valuable signed card (e.g. a 1979 Topps Thurman Munson). The other problem with the old or new blues is they are essentially ghosts where the pop report is concerned because there is NO pop report for blues.

The blue flip is perfect for cuts, small photos, and reprint cards.

• Options

You have me and Jim's (vintagefun) names up there - we are piggybacking with each other, so together we have one sub coming to you if this moves forward.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

@VitoCo1972 said:
    List up to date. Have to tell you...the auto grade kind of drives me nuts. I have no idea what the criteria is. A received a sub back last week and a couple of the autos were graded 7 and were clean blue sharpie signatures w/ no smudging or dead-sharpie lines. Whatever.

Yet dope(s) are touting their "9 and 10" auto grades that are also in sharpie, and executed by 90 year old men! Is there no concession given to players previous vintage autograph? Me thinks we need auto grade that goes to 11!