Home Precious Metals
Options

Idaho House Passes Bill to Support Sound Money, Undermine Federal Reserve Monopoly

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

Looks like Idaho wants people to use Silver and Gold in commerce.

blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2017/03/idaho-house-passes-bill-to-support-sound-money-undermine-federal-reserve-monopoly/

(Sorry, I'm not sure how to do the link properly)

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the practical aspect of the Bill is to encourage more ownership of precious metals, through reduction of the double-tax on such, in a state that derives income and jobs from the production of precious metals.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Metal producing states should have thought about this many decades ago. It's a moot point in states like Nevada as there is no state income tax. Nevada is the largest producer of gold and silver in the US. Better late than never, good choice Idaho.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... How many states do this? It mentions Arizona... There certainly are other metals producing states..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2017 4:35PM

@TomB said:
    I think the practical aspect of the Bill is to encourage more ownership of precious metals, through reduction of the double-tax on such, in a state that derives income and jobs from the production of precious metals.

This. Does nothing to reduce Federal Reserve monopoly or federal income taxes. Only reduces Idaho state tax revenues which Idaho obviously believes will be more than offset by an increase in in-statePM production. Hopefully they will be correct and the taxpayers will benefit in the long run.

Unless Idaho plans on striking its own gold and silver coins and allowing them to compete with FED Reserve notes there is no threat to the FED's "money" monopoly. If they do, it will surely be a great fireworks show with Washington pulling out all the stops to nip such a movement in the bud.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have to see how it 'pans' out :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take my pay in silver or gold.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I'll take my pay in silver or gold.

Spoken like a true gambler. I would to, but only when the price is on the upswing, this way I can reap a short term profit exchanging it for fiat $$ B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2017 6:33AM

I exchange lots of silver and gold for cash. Plastic works, too. The wages for me have always been minimal, but I get to play for pay while the banker waits at the golf course , washing his balls.