Home Precious Metals
Options

My Crystal ball

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well here goes. As we all know Gold/Silver and mining stocks have been in a bit of a funk as of late. IMHO in the near future Trump will start addressing the US $20,000,000,000+ debt. When this is reported on the Lame street media multiple times (or not). Mr and Mrs Joe Six pack may start buying up a little Silver and Gold as protection for a further falling dollar. btw I see Trump wants to slash Foreign aid. Well it's a start.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump wants to increase military spending and infrastructure spending while cutting taxes. I see the Federal Reserve increasing interest rates which will increase the cost of servicing the national debt which is already a big part of the national budget. As a result, I see the national debt rapidly increasing. I see an increase in the inflation rate in our future. I see more people buying tangible assets (especially gold and silver) to preserve their wealth.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rate hike for breathing room so that rates can be dropped. Then more QE. White House will do all it can to avoid deadlock on raising debt ceiling but debt ceiling will get raised. Gold is the beneficiary.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Trump wants to increase military spending and infrastructure spending while cutting taxes. I see the Federal Reserve increasing interest rates which will increase the cost of servicing the national debt which is already a big part of the national budget. As a result, I see the national debt rapidly increasing. I see an increase in the inflation rate in our future. I see more people buying tangible assets (especially gold and silver) to preserve their wealth.

We have also been in a bull market for 2,681 days... the second longest bull market in US history. I'm thinking irrational exuberance is taking over the equity markets. Conventional wisdom says "100 days, then sell away" and were on day 45. I'm beginning to limit my exposure to stocks.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have avoided predictions for the last couple of years... since all of mine failed to materialize (hard to argue with a record like that). There does, however, seem to be a consensus for rising gold and silver in our future... Not my prediction..and just because I agree with it, it likely will not happen :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I agree with all of your possibilities, except for the last sentence...I'm not optimistic about the gold & silver part.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."