Home U.S. Coin Forum

14-s buff GTG

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is another piece that I've had for many years that lacked a proper image until now. Thanks again to Crazyhounddog for the fine photo work. This one has a wonderful strike, some nice underlying colors and a huge originality allure. Picked it up on my one venture to Winter FUN, which stood out for a number of personal reasons, the ice in puddles in Orlando, and the chance to meet Walkerguy21 in person.

Comments welcome and GTG if so inclined.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Buff... I find it interesting when the obverse shows more wear than the reverse..... The Buff is nicely defined on this one... Cheers, RickO

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2017 6:31AM

Tough one

• DantesDadDantesDad Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Love this coin! I see it as a 63+, but wouldn't mind seeing it as a 64, or depending on when it hit the graders, could be as low as a 63.

Always buying and looking for a deal.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful ! Joe has the Best Buffs, doesn't he? B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think 64.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't be shocked if it's MS 65.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well??? Inquiring minds want to know.... Cheers, RickO

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say MS64, but like someone else said, a 65 wouldn't surprise me - that color is wonderful and gives it gem appeal!

PS - glad to see that I made your Winter FUN highlight, ad!!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

The grade is below. I have considered upgrading many times over the years, but every time I view my piece against a potential upgrade, I decide to stick with what I have, meaning that I like it every bit as much and more than just about any 64 I've seen. Huge jump to 65 which isn't my sandlot.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man that is a BEAUTIFUL Buffalo. Love the color and strike.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing your eye and experience with nice buffs, ad, if you feel it's undergraded as a 63, then I feel vindicated guessing 64 shot 65.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing this beautiful Buff in hand, I can tell you first hand :) that I promise you with an ironclad guarantee that no one in the coin collecting world would complain one bit if this Buff was in a 64 holder. Guaranteed!!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    After seeing this beautiful Buff in hand, I can tell you first hand :) that I promise you with an ironclad guarantee that no one in the coin collecting world would complain one bit if this Buff was in a 64 holder. Guaranteed!!

That's good enough for me! :)

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have said 64. Love the color!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file