Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS LOL 1st notification like this I have received!

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Delivery Exception, Animal Interference
Feb-18-17, 13:39 PM, RENO, NV 89503

I wonder what happened next?

Comments

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cow in the road?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a dog.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was a Bigfoot,,,,, ran the USPS truck off the road,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, a dog.

We used to have a lovable rottweiler who enjoyed barking at anything with small wheels...skateboarders, rollerbladers, RC toy cars. We used to think she didn't like the homeless until we realized it was their shopping carts.

Anyway, the garbage men would refuse to pick up our stuff because she barked at their rolling trash bins. She was behind a fence and it was perfectly safe but they were scared to death. I'd phone to complain about no service and I was always told the reason was "animal interference".
    Lance.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

A mailman can refuse to deliver mail if there is a dog outside at a residence.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I guess dogs technically aren't part of their motto lol...

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

The more you VAM..
  • Options

My dogs would LOVE to get a piece of the mailman, it's their dream

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

People like to joke about it but I can tell you that dog bites are taken seriously by the Post Office. The Post Office is self insured. If a carrier misses work because of injuries sustained from a dog bite, the Post Office will likely go after the dogs owner to pay damages.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2017 2:59PM

@crazyhounddog said:
    My dogs would LOVE to get a piece of the mailman, it's their dream

That term hasn't been used for ages!

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

My dog adores the maillady. She gives him cookies, and will even leave one on top of the box if he sees her and she doesn't knock on the door that day. Our previous mailman would sneak the screen door open (if the front door was standing open--it's small town) and give him the cookie. Probably would get in trouble with the boss people, but oh well.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our dogs ALWAYS bark at the mailman... even though he gives them cookies....comes every day 15:45 (give or take ten minutes) and they go nuts....not happy nuts, though they would never bite...I believe it is just ingrained habit.... and by the way, ANYONE who comes up on the porch gets the same treatment... :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file