Home U.S. Coin Forum

TRIVIA TIME!

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys!
It's trivia time!
The rules are pretty simple.
Below are 5 trivia questions about numismatics. Your goal is to figure out the answers, and then DM me. DO NOT post them in the comments below, as this may give some other people the answers. You have one attempt at getting the answers right. Everyone who gets the answers right by Friday, February 17, 2017 will be entered into a random drawing. The winner gets the PRIZE OF WINNING :) Yay! But in reality, the victory is bragging rights. You can put it in your signature if you wish and I will back you up.

I will announce the winner on February 18, 2017. I will also announce everyone who got the questions right AND the correct answers to all the questions. If you have any questions about the giveaway, DM me.
P.S. All the answers to the questions are possible to find online. No other resources required!

Here we go:

1) On April 17, 1934, B. Max Mehl ran auction #88 that included coins from "Mr. H. Dale Kuhn, Mr. J.R. Hammerle, and Others". What is the date and grade of lot 175?

2) Since what year has Joel Rettew Sr. been a professional coin dealer?

3) How many First Edition, Deluxe copies were made of American Numismatic Literature by Charles Davis?

4) Who is the first listing in American Numismatic Biographies (2017) by Pete Smith, and where were they born?

5) Who was the secretary of the Pacific Northwest Numismatic Association as of January 2004?

That is all of the questions! Remember, don't post the answers below! Just DM me! Enjoy!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

Comments

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a clue?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER said:
    I don't have a clue?

You should be able to find the answers on just 3 websites!

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know we were going to get home work. :)

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

HINT: NNP, PCGS, NBS

• NapNap Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno if I'd call obscure questions that require research "trivia"..

Trivia to me is a difficult question that you could potentially know the answer.

An example would be "Who were the founders of PCGS", a question that not everyone can answer without googling (but some people can!)

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

if we all switch to GEICO, we could save 15% or more on car insurance.

What do I win?

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2017 7:02AM
    1. What important coins did David Akers purchase for PIC at the James A. Stack March 1975 auction sale?
    2. Which major US dealer was selling Milton Bradley Monopoly Money sheets from their catalogs in the 1980's?
    3. Which major US dealer handled the Great Eastern collection which included some major seated scarcities? Who was that dealer's understudy?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KellenCoin said:
    Hey guys!
    It's trivia time!
    The rules are pretty simple.
    Below are 5 trivia questions about numismatics. Your goal is to figure out the answers, and then DM me. DO NOT post them in the comments below, as this may give some other people the answers. You have one attempt at getting the answers right. Everyone who gets the answers right by Friday, February 17, 2017 will be entered into a random drawing. The winner gets the PRIZE OF WINNING :) Yay! But in reality, the victory is bragging rights. You can put it in your signature if you wish and I will back you up.

I will announce the winner on February 18, 2017. I will also announce everyone who got the questions right AND the correct answers to all the questions. If you have any questions about the giveaway, DM me.
    P.S. All the answers to the questions are possible to find online. No other resources required!

Here we go:

1) On April 17, 1934, B. Max Mehl ran auction #88 that included coins from "Mr. H. Dale Kuhn, Mr. J.R. Hammerle, and Others". What is the date and grade of lot 175?

2) Since what year has Joel Rettew Sr. been a professional coin dealer?

3) How many First Edition, Deluxe copies were made of American Numismatic Literature by Charles Davis?

4) Who is the first listing in American Numismatic Biographies (2017) by Pete Smith, and where were they born?

5) Who was the secretary of the Pacific Northwest Numismatic Association as of January 2004?

That is all of the questions! Remember, don't post the answers below! Just DM me! Enjoy!

Is the answer to #2 since forever?

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I give up. Really. I...just.....give....up.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Is it a 1909 V.D.B. PR65RB, I mean MS65RB?

Later, Paul.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2017 12:41AM

Stooge, you can't change your answer. Your first pick was a 1909 v.d.b. PR65RB. So that's it. Otherwise you'd be cheating. Momma don't allow no cheatin' round here.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many other things rattling around in my brain right at this moment.......I'll have to deal with this trivia at a later date. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... cool contest.... but too busy for that much research... best of luck to all... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file