Home U.S. Coin Forum

Clubs?

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,
A random thought came to my mind, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I am curious what numismatic clubs all of you are in. Now, of course if you are part of a local club, I totally understand if you don't list that to keep your privacy. But yeah, I am just curious what you guys are in. As a side note, if you are a life member or fellow or some other special position, it would be awesome if you could include that.
Here are the clubs I am in.
ANA
ANS (1st year from Joel Orosz)
NBS
PNNA
EAC
CSNS (1st year from Bruce Perdue)
ILNA (1st year from Bruce Perdue)
TEC
I would love to best from you!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

Tagged:

Comments

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2017 8:12AM

ANA, LSCC, JRCS, EAC, FUN, CSNS, and probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

@UltraHighRelief said:
    ANA, LSCC, JRCS, EAC, FUN, CSNS, and proboly a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

How long have you been a member of the ANA and EAC?

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2017 8:13AM

ANA - probably 8 years or so.

I just joined EAC.

Wow! You joined the ANA a while ago! I also joined the EAC recently! To be exact, I think it was late fall 2016.

• msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

Recently joined the following: ANA, EAC, JRCS. I'd recommend all three. I might join C4 as well, just haven't yet.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had the inclination to join a club. Collecting over 50 years now and never joined one. Have had several members of the local coin club, including the long time club president, as patients but just never pulled the trigger to show up at a meeting.
    Collecting can be fun without competition or need to socialize over them.
    bob:)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the 'on the go ' lifestyle of today, never really made the time to join a club. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

BCCS, FUN, and ANA.

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA, EAC, FUN and Civil War Token Society.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

BANC Of S Cal.

• My tag line says it all.

Member of LSCC, EAC, Fly-In Club, BCCS
    Life member of ANA
  • RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA, LSCC. Couple of the local Colorado coin clubs.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • ScootersdadScootersdad Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

ANA (2012)
    FUN (2013)
    SSDC (2016)
    SBCC (2013) Board Member

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA and ANS.

Mark

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA, LSCC, NASC, GCC, LVNS,VHCC

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

BHNC, Fly-In, JRCS, ANA (life).
    Lance.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even remember all of them :) I just pay the dues when the bills come :)

But since I'm the president of the Numismatic Association of Southern California (NASC), I know I'm a member of that one for sure!! :lol:

**If anyone wants to join NASC (which includes a print subscription to the award-winning The California Numismatist quarterly magazine), let me know and I'll pay half of your first year dues (normally $20/year). **

You can see more about NASC and our TCN publication here:

nasc.net/

calnumismatist.com/publication.htm

:+1:

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two gun clubs.. no coin clubs.... Cheers, RickO

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may not remember them all but here is an attempt.

ANA, ANS, JRCS, BHNC, CSNS, LSCC, EAC, C4, NBS, NLG, CNA, FUN, ISNA. Each is definitely worth theTime, effort and expense of membership.

Like Mikey, try it you'll like it!

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

ANA, ANS, LSCC, NBS, MCA, C4, EAC, NLG, CSNS, FUN, Chicago Coin Club, Rittenhouse Society, and probably some others I forgot.

• WDPWDP Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

_I am curious what numismatic clubs all of you are in. _

ANA, ANS, NBS, NLG, LM JRCS, EAC, LSCC, TAMS, LM CWTS, NTCA, CTCC, FUN, CSNS, many of these for 25 to 30 years now. I've sure learned a lot over the years, and have met a lot of great and knowledgeable collectors!

The first club I joined was the Liberty Seated Collectors Society (LSCC), I recall in 1983. A dealer from St. Cloud Minnesota told me about it and mailed a membership application to me after a show. I've been grateful to him for over 30 years!

I am the current Treasurer of the John Reich Collectors Society (JRCS / early silver), and on the board of directors for the Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS / Numismatic Literature).

Many of these clubs have websites if anyone is interested in membership or learning more. Here are a few:

http://jrcs.org/

http://www.coinbooks.org/

http://www.lsccweb.org/

Most of the clubs and organizations publish a Journal of some type multiple times a year.

W. David Perkins Numismatics - http://www.davidperkinsrarecoins.com/ - 25+ Years ANA, ANS, NLG, NBS, LM JRCS, LSCC, EAC, TAMS, LM CWTS, CSNS, FUN

@WDP said:
    _I am curious what numismatic clubs all of you are in. _

ANA, ANS, NBS, NLG, LM JRCS, EAC, LSCC, TAMS, LM CWTS, NTCA, CTCC, FUN, CSNS, many of these for 25 to 30 years now. I've sure learned a lot over the years, and have met a lot of great and knowledgeable collectors!

The first club I joined was the Liberty Seated Collectors Society (LSCC), I recall in 1983. A dealer from St. Cloud Minnesota told me about it and mailed a membership application to me after a show. I've been grateful to him for over 30 years!

I am the current Treasurer of the John Reich Collectors Society (JRCS / early silver), and on the board of directors for the Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS / Numismatic Literature).

Many of these clubs have websites if anyone is interested in membership or learning more. Here are a few:

http://jrcs.org/

http://www.coinbooks.org/

http://www.lsccweb.org/

Most of the clubs and organizations publish a Journal of some type multiple times a year.

Nice to meet you Mr. Perkins! I have heard of you previously, but I did not realize how accomplished you were until is read through your bio!

• WDPWDP Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you KellenCoin!

W. David Perkins Numismatics - http://www.davidperkinsrarecoins.com/ - 25+ Years ANA, ANS, NLG, NBS, LM JRCS, LSCC, EAC, TAMS, LM CWTS, CSNS, FUN

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.”
    -- Woody Allen

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file