Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post a picture of your favorite coin from your entire collection

Please limit it to one coin (I know that can be difficult - don't worry, coins don't have feelings and won't be jealous of your favorite)

Comments

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread should be worth bookmarking. :)

• TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

These are all excellent coins, but I'm just waiting for tradedollarnut to swoop in and leave something nuclear.

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can already tell this is going to be a great thread.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

No picture, but mine is a 1799 Draped Bust Dollar in VF.

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

Northcoin...thanks for the history lesson on your double eagle. Is there a reason it's been left in the Segs holder instead of crossing to PCGS? I'm not that familiar with Segs that's why I ask. It is an incredible piece of numismatic history and I'm glad I asked for favorites. I had never seen this coin or read about its background before.
    I am really enjoying viewing these masterpieces you all have shown thus far. Being a relative novice to collecting and not having funds to own most of these it is an awesome opportunity to enjoy the beauty and history that others possess and graciously share. Thank you.

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    Northcoin...thanks for the history lesson on your double eagle. Is there a reason it's been left in the Segs holder instead of crossing to PCGS? I'm not that familiar with Segs that's why I ask. It is an incredible piece of numismatic history and I'm glad I asked for favorites. I had never seen this coin or read about its background before.
    I am really enjoying viewing these masterpieces you all have shown thus far. Being a relative novice to collecting and not having funds to own most of these it is an awesome opportunity to enjoy the beauty and history that others possess and graciously share. Thank you.

your question is answered in the OP. it's because of the provenance.

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

@AMRC said:
    You didn't say US Coin.....

How could it not be a nearly 2,000 year old coin with my name on it? I need to take better photos.

HAHA I must have just posted mine as you were, I did not see your post before posting mine, that is great.
    Nice coin

all around collector of many fine things

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 1:47PM

@steveben said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

your question is answered in the OP. it's because of the provenance.

@steveben - I just saw your response which is exactly correct. (I could have saved myself from my more lengthy response if I had caught yours first :) )

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 2:38PM

I liked the long response. The details of its history are fascinating. Hope you get to Paris for the comparison of the museum piece and are able to share photographs of the two side by side with us at a future date.

• So many favorites but here's one that hits close to home for me.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 4:19PM

I do have quite a few, but I have to go with my icon:

• CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 4:29PM

@CascadeChris
    Really? I have more!
    I need to break out my camera and laptop and take pictures because I'm just taking them from my cell phone and it's way to slow of a process

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd still have to say this girl. Picked her up at Long Beach a year or two ago for the ridiculous sum of $50 raw. The dealer must have thought it was AT but I knew better and he didn't even see that it was a very popular VAM too :smile:

The more you VAM..
  • CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 4:32PM

@CascadeChris said:

@Mitchell said:

Holy envy Batman! :+1:

Sorry, I see that wasn't for what I posted. Although I also have a 1881 but ungraded.
    I'm a NEWBIE ~ lol

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 4:49PM

Modest gold from 100 years before birth

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2017 5:51PM

deleted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file