Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Buff NewP: 1916. Cherrypick

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one comes with a very nice strike and pretty clean services. But what makes it really cool is more of what it does not have rather than what it does. Purchased from from eBay seller that seems to sell more jewelry than anything else. Piece arrive today and all is good. . ;)

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, where are those pesky initials? Nice pick up!

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way Cool and Congrats!

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like a nice Buffalo cherrypick, I always say. Pretty coin.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet another one???? That one is the nicest of the bunch!

• Options
    WmwoodWmwood Posts: 102 ✭✭

Very nice! Quite the cherry pick.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the F?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now this is the third no 'F' Buff thread ... getting to be a popular issue... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

A VERY nice score my friend! Really cool for sure B)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, and in beautiful condition as well - nicely done!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Thats an awesome coin!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned something new here today, thanks for sharing. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

Very nice coin. I assembled a complete set of Buffalos in the early to late 1970s. The 18/17 D full horn and the sharp 37 D three legs are the ones I still miss as I spent most of my money on the key dates. I sold it and a set of EF to unc Mercs in 1993 buying a home to raise three kids in. The coin market was in the tank. I wish I could forget what I got for both sets as the over date is worth much more today than I got for both sets. Finding good strikes was a problem , especially with the 1921s. I remember a dealer had a roll of 21 P unc for $50 a pop but the coins were all very weak. They moved very slowly.

• Options
    SangoSango Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

Very nice!!

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭

Another great looking Buffalo.

Mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file