Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Choosing an upgrade for my Buffalo variety collection.

OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

No F Buffalos probably excite only a few of us, but this is a CPG variety. Found them at shows before Christmas. Both appear MS to me and I'm leaning toward keeping the 2-1/2 feather coin to upgrade the AU-50 that was one of my earliest picks. I will have it slabbed at some point in the not-too-distant future, but my question is whether it's worth slabbing the second, or selling it raw. Also, are they UNCs.? As koynekwest noted in another thread, the market for variety Buffs can be thin.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they get a MS grade when slabbed then yes-they'd both be worth slabbing. Depending on what you paid for them even a high AU would be worth it. Check the Heritage auction archives to see what these are bringing recently.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that on #2 the hoof appears to be nearly detached from the left leg. Probably doesn't add any value but interesting nonetheless.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are nice... however, if you are going to part with one...My opinion is that the second one would go. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironic to have two 'No F' posts at the same time. I did not see yours when I posted mine. Would've done so anyways, because I was pretty stoked with the arrival of mine.

I would say that they are both uncirculated. Both are slab worthy. Both are very nice, but I would be inclined to the first one, both because it appears higher grade and because of the 2 1/2 feather.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like both and would grad it. For some crazy reason collectors cant see it or wont pay for it if they don't see it on a cert. They like to see it on a cert so yes get it graded it helps if your going to sell it or when you want to sell it.

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file