Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will not be seeing that, looks somewhat interesting but "based on a true story" makes me critique movies with the story and they are rarely relate-able.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw the trailer before Star Wars, could be interesting but I'll probably wait to see it at the house.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Movies are meant for entertainment. I'll be purchasing the DVD when it is available.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a rags to riches to rags movie.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2017 12:27PM

I remember Bre-X. Largest gold scam ever

• Options
    coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

This looks alright! soundtrack for the trailer is awesome ahha

all around collector of many fine things

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has to be better then the Buick commercials, especially falling backward into a pool.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    It has to be better then the Buick commercials, especially falling backward into a pool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the part in the SNL video when all of a sudden he has kids in the car.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:
    I love the part in the SNL video when all of a sudden he has kids in the car.

Yes and he doesn't know who's kids they are ; )

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Actually went and saw this tonight. Flick we were going to hit was seating in front row only and wifey said nopes to that, so we saw this.

Interesting, was good, MM put a good performance on in a way I was not expecting from the previews.

Reminded me of The Big Short in a way with a twist of Usual Suspects.

I think the 2 dozen of us in the theater were metal guys and their wives there appeasing the boys, ha! Wifey liked it though, story she would never have thought about if not for being married to a big red pirate type of guy, what she said anyway.

• Options

MM put on 40lbs for the role. The equivalent of 750k worth of gold

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    MM put on 40lbs for the role. The equivalent of 750k worth of gold

mark

I'm not sure what the balding was worth, but i'd want it to be more than the fatty 750k, ha!

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

Here is an article from the Calgary Herald on the real story behind the movie. Thought you might like to read it.

calgaryherald.com/business/local-business/bre-x-the-real-story-behind-the-movie-gold-is-crazier-than-fiction

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read it. Thanks for the link, interesting story. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date