Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you think the buyer will contact me to pay for the item they now have? * New Update* 12/20

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I believe that most people are honest

He was already communicating with you and I say he pays or sends it back.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better get on the phone with ebay customer service

I bought a spoon on ebay a couple of years ago and two weeks after paying, it hadn't arrived so I contacted the seller.
    He said give it another week or two and I did. Finally it had been a month and still nothing.
    He refunded me and sure enough, two or three days later it arrived (no tracking) I could have easily kept it, but I contacted him immediately and was happy to promptly pay.

Hopefully your buyer will do the same.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting on any response from buyer. So far nothing. And to add for clarification, the buyer never actually contacted me when the item was late, they opened a case with ebay at the end of the "estimated" delivery window without contacting me first. The only contact we had, although cordial was after the case was already opened. Had the buyer contacted me first, and waited the two or three days that I asked of them before the case was opened, the item would have been delivered before ebay could rule on the case.
    The fact that they opened the case in such haste, and didn't contact me first, or wait to close the case until the agreed upon time leads me to believe they will not pay me. We will see.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    No way! ebay is full of scammers and thieves

@bigjpst said:
    Still waiting on any response from buyer. So far nothing. And to add for clarification, the buyer never actually contacted me when the item was late, they opened a case with ebay at the end of the "estimated" delivery window without contacting me first. The only contact we had, although cordial was after the case was already opened. Had the buyer contacted me first, and waited the two or three days that I asked of them before the case was opened, the item would have been delivered before ebay could rule on the case.
    The fact that they opened the case in such haste, and didn't contact me first, or wait to close the case until the agreed upon time leads me to believe they will not pay me. We will see.

The buyer's opening a case with no communication first, that's why I voted the way I did.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    knightemknightem Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

It sucks that ebay/paypal doesn't reach out to the seller to find out the status first to see that it was in transit before they automatically refund the money. You would think they would communicate with both sides before deciding.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2016 2:10AM

In the not so distant past there were choices for sending a communication to the seller. If the reason was "item not received" and it was past the date ebay allows, then a case was automatically opened.

Did you upload a tracking number on day 1?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2016 9:10AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    In the not so distant past there were choices for sending a communication to the seller. If the reason was "item not received" and it was past the date ebay allows, then a case was automatically opened.

Did you upload a tracking number on day 1?

Yep, labels are printed through eBay. Tracking is automatically uploaded. Package showed accepted and had two scans before 12 days of " in transit"

Waiting on eBay customer service to call me back this morning.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2016 10:05AM

Sorry to hear. Never happened to me been selling there since 1998.

How big ticket an item? What is $ amount?

Can one file mail fraud against buyer if at end of this he has received and does not pay and your out the money?

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you sorted it out with eBay and finally got paid.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP handled it right. As for the buyer, karma will take care of him.
    Lance.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news (regarding the update)..... let's hope the buyer does the right thing....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you got paid. Sad that ebay is the one that paid and not the person with the coin. :(

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

and the buyer's ID is . . .?

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

• Options

@derryb said:
    and the buyer's ID is . . .?

I'm still holding out hope that the buyer is either planning to pay(and possibly doesn't have the funds anymore) or is planning to return the item, so I don't want to publicly post the id yet. It has been my experience that many people, even the honest ones will avoid contact until they can resolve an issue out of either embarrassment, or some sort of denial.

• Options
  • Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigjpst said:
    Bump for more info

Could you post a photo of the coin in question since they are now returning it?

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad it sees to be working out for you. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's returning it? Sounds like he was willing to keep it while it was free.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2017 12:21PM

More than a month has passed and the buyer in this case has not returned the coin and will no longer respond to my contact. Looks like they decided to just keep it. The buyer id is taygensdad for those that want to block.

Looks like since they purchased from me they decided to go private with their feedback and have received a negative as a seller.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

What a Richard. I blocked him

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometime it's better to disclose the scum bag earlier than later for many good reasons.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Shame for the scam Ebay buyers .. worse ...Ebay sides with the scammers, letting them keep item and giving full refund

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2017 5:31PM

taygensdad has been blocked by me. It appears that he had problems selling & now changed his fb to private. This will eliminate any selling efforts on his part.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file