Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold going to $1000 and Silver to $12. What say you?

More rate hikes coming. The dollar is getting STRONGER!

Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2016 9:13AM

I don't know about those exact prices or any specific time frame (just like I don't know anything about the future for sure)
    but If I had to predict, yes, I'd think metals are going to continue to decline in the intermediate term. I'm not happy about that because the bullion will go down, but the bright side is it will cost less to buy more

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a real possibility.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

$12 silver would be dream for this physical stacker!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Locked and loaded, standing by.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@carew4me said:

Yeah, we'd like Love to see $12! $6 would be better! If we get really lucky, it will go to $3!

• Options

@Baley said:

@carew4me said:

Yeah, we'd like Love to see $12! $6 would be better! If we get really lucky, it will go to $3!

Now that would be fun times!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

They don't want you to have THAT much fun.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1000 gold looks highly likely, $12 silver is less likely IMO. With the current mentality and misgivings toward PMs both figures are well within the realm of possibility for 2017-2018.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

let it fall. :)

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    let it fall. :)

• Options

@carew4me said:

@Baley said:

@carew4me said:

True silver lovers wish it would go to one cent per kilo! Think of the piles and piles of silver we'd get to own!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason that the metals are going down is because I steadily keep buying more.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@Baley said:

@carew4me said:

@Baley said:

@carew4me said:

True silver lovers wish it would go to one cent per kilo! Think of the piles and piles of silver we'd get to own!

Yes! and the miner's would make their profit on volume. While waiting for that that happen, I will continue to allow a roll of SAE's to fall to my strike price of $325 per roll.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

as of post--Below $16 and falling,

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, why not, what the hell. go for it.
    Just do it. Make my day.
    Have it your way. fer sure. Git er done.
    More the merrier.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

I hate when metals get bashed.

I wish they just went up and up.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for the gold to silver ratio to drop so I can swap my stack. 50 to 1 would be nice. 40 to 1 would be better.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for lakefront land on Tahoe to get to $1 per acre. I'm gonna buy it all.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

$12 silver works for me. >:)

• Options

@cohodk said:
    I'm waiting for lakefront land on Tahoe to get to $1 per acre. I'm gonna buy it all.

I would say $1 /acre would signal ocean front Tahoe property :)
    rate increases, king dollar, weak Euro, weak Yen tells me $12-$13 spot first half Trump term .
    Come to Papa...

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predict warmer temperatures next summer. This prognostication was brought on because it's freezing.

• Options
    edited December 16, 2016 4:46PM

gold got hammered not because of the rate hike, that was baked into the then current price. It got hammered because of the dollar's show of strength because the FED announced its expectations of three rate hikes instead of two in 2017.

At this same time last year the FED dished out its first rate hike in almost ten years. At the same time it announced expectations of four rate hikes in 2016. We saw how that went and we saw how gold then responded upward.

Four rate hikes in 2017? I'm betting against it. Can PMs go lower? I agree, and have said so for the past few months, that the low is not in. But I also know, based on their performance for most of 2016, PMs can quickly rebound when the FED's expectations prove incorrect. As proven many times, what they say and what they do are not always the same. The difference between the two is what creates opportunity.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at prediction on this forum (mine as well as others - mine being worse than others), I would say that once in a while, someone is close to right, while most of the time, most of us are closer to wrong... How's that for solid analysis??? :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything cycles. I've always expected that silver will go to $8 or under and gold to $600 or under before we get to any significant uptrend. Don't see why this can't happen.
    bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Powers that be, won't let either drop way down. Less money they make from their fresh minted products. Just like oil. Bottom will never fall out. When it's convenient a "shortage" will show up magically.

• Options

Ah...the manipulators..... I wonder if that is a formal committee that meets on a regular basis... or just when one of their investments is in danger??? :D:D:D

• Options
    edited December 18, 2016 12:28PM

@ricko said:
    Ah...the manipulators..... I wonder if that is a formal committee that meets on a regular basis... or just when one of their investments is in danger??? :D:D:D

Formal committee

They make the decisions and have their tentacles do the deed.

• Options

Yep.... hiding right out in the open..... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

I'd tell ya, but you know what would happen next. ;) lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

A formal informal off the grid right out in the open. ;)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the bottom line rising commensurate with P/E multiples? Or are P/E multiples rising commensurate with debt levels? Sooner or later, you run out of other people's money. I heard that somewhere once.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.