Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

10% back on eBay and I can't find anything to buy....

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

....that I need.

Anyone here want to list a cool sample or Doily as a BIN before midnight?? :lol:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Business has been slow from what I've seen, so no harm making offers.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    ....that I need.

Ditto.
    Lance.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just bought 4 Indian Cents for the Grand Daughters Stash I am building. Nothing fantastic just nice looking coins.

Ken

• Options

Decided I needed a new pellet gun....$11 kickback from eBay......keeps the woodpeckers at bay..... :lol:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Please don't tell us you are shooting woodpeckers!
    I hope you're joking.

• Options

Nope - just chasing them off - they are very destructive but I don't have the heart to actually shoot anything.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a half dozen nice coins! :smiley:

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Nope - just chasing them off - they are very destructive but I don't have the heart to actually shoot anything.

Thanks for responding- I was worried for a second!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here...why do you think they dropped this special at this particular week?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never get these offers. Never.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

got the same offer, same dilemma

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at a $150 item, but then I thought I'm only saving $15
    So I didn't buy it and saved $150 instead. B)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not spending any money is a greater savings than buying at a discount..... though so many do not see this point. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

yay!!! I actually found something I needed this time, and got the full, maxed out $100 in Ebay Bucks!!!

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I finally found something late last night.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found nothing.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found nothing until looking today I found something thats priced about $25 too high... my EBay Bucks would have been $31 or so :neutral:

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2016 9:26AM

Well then your just not a spender at this time. Coins aren't the only thing for sale on eBay. When the billionaire who owns Paypal spoke at the RNC I vowed no more eBay purchases financed by pp smc - I don't want a dime more of my money going to him.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2016 12:18PM

These promotions are sometimes good for picking up various gold coins near (and sometimes below) spot, provided one is careful to avoid the "bullion" category.

I used this opportunity to pick up a few new 2017 Great Britain 2 oz. silver "griffin" coins in the Queen's Beasts series. Paid a bit over spot, but I like the design.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with the crowd that never gets these offers

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

...except maybe par :smiley:

• Options
    edited December 8, 2016 3:33PM

@pocketpiececommems said:
    I'm with the crowd that never gets these offer

Indeed. Must b nice.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

My main 2 accounts never get the offers, so I opened a few more. They do ;)

• Options
    edited December 8, 2016 10:39PM

Does anyone have any idea what triggers being offered these deals? Many like me who buy and sell often never get any of these. I would love to have some idea of how ebay decides who to give these offers to.

• Options

Maybe it's the monthly service fee for a sellers account?? Total transactions? Maybe it's the 50+ searches every day for 15 years plus?? Who knows??

Yep - shooting par is a better goal! :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file