Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Pickups

I see that no one has started a November pickup thread so I'll start it. I just received these two today.
James

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Aaron Stand Up is a sight to behold! Congrats.

Daniel
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    I see that no one has started a November pickup thread so I'll start it. I just received these two today.
    James

Thats Brooks is a BEAUTY!

• Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Awesome Aaron Stand up. Just won this on REA. Paperloss on back.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Joe Maddon & the Cubs on winning the WS (I Just added Cal to this picture the other day):

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2016 7:45AM

That stand up Aaron is pretty sweet as is the Mick congrats to both of you! First time I've seen one of the Sweet Caporal pins. The amount detail on them is cool.

November is starting off with a bang for me. I've pulled the trigger on 3 cards already with the first arriving today. Todays arrival is a 1976 Topps #214 French Connection. This is a pop 4 card.

It gets added to my collection. 3 down 1 to go. If anyone has the lead on #4 please PM me.

Kevin

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is amazing that you were able to get 3 of the 4 PSA 10s. I though think that set builders would snatch them up.
    James

• Options

This 1964 Kaline arrived today.
    James

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2016 7:03PM
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2016 10:35PM

@Dragnet said:

Congrats -- that used to be my Mantle, but glad to see it end up in good hands! As a centering nut, this 1965 was also very difficult: http://www.ebay.com/itm/142159531332

Man, I love your cards, Dragnet! Now the 65 will remain with his brother the 69 for a looooong time!

Been building another Mick Run with the fun challenge of lower grade the better...

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

Gorgeous Mantles. Thanks for posting. I added three 1951 Ringside cards, plus a potential "white whale" of sorts that I may get next weekend if the deal works out. This set has been fun to build.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

Sharp looking Ringside cards. How close are you to finishing the set? 20 plus years ago I started working on a raw Ringside set. I had around 75 or more cards when I broke it up and sold the cards. I think I still have the Ray Robinson and one other card.
    James

• Options

I picked up these 1960s All Star cards in the last few days. This completes two of my All Star subsets. I completed one other one a couple months ago. I still have two of the 1960s All Star subsets to complete.
    James

• Options

I love that Lou Brock card. I need 30 more cards to finish the set in PSA 6 or better. After that, it will just be a matter of beefing up the set to get higher on the registry. Would love to get #1.

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2016 3:56PM

The art work on the Ringsides is fantastic! That's one one the reasons I like these pick up threads. Being a newb it allows me to see some cool cards that I would never even know were out there.

My second card of the month arrived today. I was really hoping for number 3 as well but it looks like that will have to wait until Monday. I am slowly building a 1985 Topps set so I decided to go all out for the marquee card of the set. I'll be honest it was hard to pull the trigger on this one. Yes its an expensive card but it wasn't so much of the dollar amount as where this card is in its price cycle. I had the devil on one shoulder saying "buy it now because it will cost more the next time around" and the other devil (there are NO angels on my shoulders) was saying "dont be a sucker this card will fall back to earth". At its peak back in Sept one sold for 3 times what it was going for 24 months ago. Time will tell which devil was right but either way it will be with me for a long, long time.

Kevin

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

Love the Ray Robinson!!!

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

Card #3 arrived today and it could be the favorite card of my collection. Now this may seem like deja vu to some of you but this one is different. It is the 1976 OPC 214 version of the French Connection. This one is a pop 1. So of the 5 French Connection cards graded PSA 10 (4 Topps & 1 OPC) I have 4! Not really a big deal because its a hockey card, and not a highly sought after one at that, but since these are the first three franchise icons for the Sabres well that makes it special to me and I guess that's all that matters. :)

Family Photo. If you have any info on the location of the lost sibling please let me know!

Kevin

• Options
    CWUCAT62CWUCAT62 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

A couple of Hockey Pick Ups.
    The first is a 1978-79 Topps raw Mike Bossy RC.

The second has always been an iconic card in my opinion, 1979-80 Topps PSA 8.5 Gordie Howe.

Now I need to get their brother OPC versions. Happy Collecting!

Andre Dawson Super Collector, who also collects the following-
    *Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
    *Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
    YouTube Channel link; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyO141lGqcV2fEjt723jUQ
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2016 7:28PM

That Bossy is sharp! I'd agree on the Howe. It's a legends last card......... at FIFTY FREAKIN TWO! Jagr still has almost a decade left to play to equal that. Let that set in for a min. Oh and he played all 80 games that year!

Kevin

• Options

@LOTSOS said:
    That Bossy is sharp! I'd agree on the Howe. It's a legends last card......... at FIFTY FREAKIN TWO! Jagr still has almost a decade left to play to equal that. Let that set in for a min. Oh and he played all 80 games that year!

The Bossy only cost me $15 at a local card shop. A little OC top to bottom but I couldn't pas it up for the price. Hockey isn't big here in Washington State. Happy Collecting!

*Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
    *Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
  • Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

I just received a 1983 Donruss Sandberg rookie graded at PSA 10, so I now have all 3 of the 1983 Sandberg rookies in grade 10. (Donruss, Topps, and Fleer.) I had been looking for a long time and finally found one at a decent price. The Donruss card has a lower population of 215. The more popular Topps card has a pop of 444 and the least poplular Fleer card has a pop of 434.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Cobb pin. I sold that same exact pin a while back before someone got it graded. I just picked up this Beltre rookie for my first pickup of the month.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

I've been waiting about a year to pick this one up. It may not be a Jordan PSA 10 Rookie, but it was my white whale for awhile. So happy to add this to my collection. I met Steve Novella in person and we did the deal today. Great guy and made the transaction seamless. 30 more cards to go to finish the set - Marciano is next!

Joe

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Random Robbie Alomar pick up via eBay and Terps

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the bad picture. Top to bottom is much better

• Options

Great looking Mantle. Thanks for posting.

Joe

• Options

Here are a few that came in in the last few days. I also got a new scanner so the pictures look just a little better. The Banks and Helms are for my All Star subsets.

James

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Nice Pickups Everyone!!
    • I have wanted one of these for quite some time and finally connected
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2016 4:17PM

Just when you finally had things figured out PSA changes the site again.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2016 4:43PM

I guess I give up - the drop down on the attach image file won't work on my PC. Frustrating.

• Options

WOW WOW WOW!!! SOLID PICK UPS FELLAS!!!!!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Just received a 1969 Williams PSA 8 and a 1970 Willie Smith graded PSA 9. Smith is not well known but he had a walk off home run in the opening game of the 1969 season for the Cubs.

• Options

Here are some that were delivered today. The 61 Boyer is for my 61 All Star set. I'm still playing with my new scanner. These were scanned with the lid open. I think the scans look better that the last ones.
    James

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

got this today...westbrook year

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2016 7:33PM

Nice stuff guys.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up this for my 60 set.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Picked up a couple of boxes this week. One from a member here. Thanks Dennis88!

Kevin

• Options

LOTSOS- nice pick ups! Is that a 78-79 box on the right? I love the mask that Doug Soetaert is wearing on the 81-82 box. Are you keeping them unopened or ripping them?
    Happy Collecting!

• Options

@CWUCAT62 said:
    LOTSOS- nice pick ups! Is that a 78-79 box on the right? I love the mask that Doug Soetaert is wearing on the 81-82 box. Are you keeping them unopened or ripping them?
    Happy Collecting!

Wow!

A Soetaert pull.

I had to look him up. So that means you are either a NYR fan, a goalie, or a very hard core general fan.

I will rip them. At least that's the plan. I've only recently started buying boxes. For now my plan is to rip 1 box or 10% of the boxes that I've accumulated (which ever the greater) by my birthday each year. I'll probably divide it up over a few weekly rips starting on my Bday.

Kevin

• Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

A couple newer additions, just getting around to sharing here

One card closer in the Centered Man of Steel Collection -

This one is going to PSA for a crossover - Corners, colors, and surface are really nice. Think it has a decent shot at a 7.5

Go Dodgers!
  • Options

Love that Superman.

Joe

• Options

@LOTSOS said:

@CWUCAT62 said:
    Happy Collecting!

Wow!

A Soetaert pull.

I had to look him up. So that means you are either a NYR fan, a goalie, or a very hard core general fan.

I will rip them. At least that's the plan. I've only recently started buying boxes. For now my plan is to rip 1 box or 10% of the boxes that I've accumulated (which ever the greater) by my birthday each year. I'll probably divide it up over a few weekly rips starting on my Bday.

I love looking at Goalie masks, hard core fan i guess, I forgot who what his name was but remembered when I looked it up. I figured you (with all your hockey knowledge) would appreciate it. Good luck with your rips! Post some pics. Happy Collecting!

• Options
    creecree Posts: 393 ✭✭
    edited November 21, 2016 9:59AM
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked these both up at a local card shop. Sorry about the dust on the scanner.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2016 2:40PM

Some amazing and diverse cardboard this month. I'd shout out my favorites but far too many to list. Great stuff!

I'm usually all Mantle but having a tough time hunting down worthy upgrades. Thought about fleshing out the low grade run but I see someone here has been snatching up everything I would be after lol.

Switched gears back to my other favorite athlete to collect, Mr. Michael Jordan. Met him a couple years back and was too frozen to ask for an auto. He did like my shoes though, glad I had decided to rock some Air Jordans that day. Snagged this one for what i thought was a lowball bid. Very pleased.

MJ.jpg 205.4K
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had all these '72s for awhile, but never submitted them because I didn't think they were worthy. Included them to fill out a recent sub, a few pleasant surprises!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

What are you doing with sports cards? Where's the Wackys? LOL

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dboneesq said:
    What are you doing with sports cards? Where's the Wackys? LOL

I'm well-rounded!