Home U.S. Coin Forum

You Can't Comment On Your Own Posts! D'OH!

TomBTomB Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, perhaps I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least I must be consistent. Earlier today I was reading a thread and came across a post that I thought made sense and one that I decided to give a "Like" click for. Well, I clicked "Like" and received a popup in my browser that told me I could not evaluate my own posts. In other words, I read my own post and attempted to "Like" what I wrote without even realizing it was mine!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked it for you.

LCoopie = Les
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Mighty poor dog that won't wag his own tail" ..........or like his own posts. LOL

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2016 10:54AM

@TomB said:
    In other words, I read my own post and attempted to "Like" what I wrote without even realizing it was mine!

From a mental health point of view, it's better than trying to hit "Disagree". :smile:

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry TomB I need to flag this post I don't know why, I just wanted to be a part of it. :warning:

Hoard the keys.
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

The memory Is the 2nd thing to go.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :smile:

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you get an Alt ID you can both like your own posts and argue with yourself.
    Freud and Jung would have a field day with that.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the 2nd sign of losing it.

Can't recall the 1st......ask Swampy. :lol:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTG Tom ;)

And yet, I notice that someone hit "disagree" on your OP.
    I find NOTHING that one can disagree with in your post.........so sad that there are "disagree trolls" around.

Anyway, yeah, I noticed one cannot use those options on one's own posts...I tried it when the change happened as well, to see what would happen. I always prefer to test things on my own posts than on others, so as to not screw up someone else.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty funny Tom, I did the same thing yesterday. I was reading a thread and thought, "man that's pretty good" and clicked the agree button, but it said I couldn't do that on my own posts. Haha! I think it's because the user icons are much smaller on this new forum that I didn't notice.

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

Well at least you have 3 stars by your name....wait, do well all have 3 stars, do some posters have 4...5?

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't say I've ever done that........

I tried to do both like and disagree to your post, but it won't let me. :lol:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Tom, it indicates your consistency of thought... It might indicate a problem if you read the thread and 'disagreed'.. :D Cheers, RickO

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2016 7:27AM

@Swampboy said:
    The memory Is the 2nd thing to go.

Actually, it's #1, once I remembered what influenced #2 .......... your #1.

You're thinking of your sanity ....... #3

It's all, mind over matter.

Leo ;)

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nothing to add to this thread. :D

• AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

At least your opinion is consistent. That's pretty funny.

Slightly similar, I have had numerous people sell me coins, only to unknowingly repurchase the same coins at a later date because they liked the look. They liked it the first time, what's not to like the second time around. :)

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

:lol::star::star::star::star::star:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    Okay, perhaps I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least I must be consistent. Earlier today I was reading a thread and came across a post that I thought made sense and one that I decided to give a "Like" click for. Well, I clicked "Like" and received a popup in my browser that told me I could not evaluate my own posts. In other words, I read my own post and attempted to "Like" what I wrote without even realizing it was mine!

Click on quote and type in me likey! :)

theknowitalltroll;
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes, I'll read an original post, and intend to reply, but someone like TomB, Bryce, or TommyType has already said what I was going to say, and often better than I would have said it.

So now, I can just hit Like and be done with it (instead of the old way of quoting it and adding "+1")

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there should be a badge for this action....that way we'd all know who is losing it!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    Sometimes, I'll read an original post, and intend to reply, but someone like TomB, Bryce, or TommyType has already said what I was going to say, and often better than I would have said it.

So now, I can just hit Like and be done with it (instead of the old way of quoting it and adding "+1")

+1 :tongue:

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    I think there should be a badge for this action....that way we'd all know who is losing it!

Okay, that was pretty funny!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

Dont feel bad. I a using the mobile version and cant find my pms yet. I know how to send them but cant find the inbox. ....

This is why I dont use social media lol

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • @TomB said:

****** "Here's your sign" *******

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure - Mark Twain
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file