Home U.S. Coin Forum

Oh, come on, tell me this isn't so...

Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what he's paying for them? :)

• ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

LOL.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a deal!

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o Really???? I have to believe this is put up by someone who knows NOTHING about coins and is making an honest error....even a con man would not be this stupid....Cheers, RickO

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    :o Really???? I have to believe this is put up by someone who knows NOTHING about coins and is making an honest error....even a con man would not be this stupid....Cheers, RickO

The fact that the pics cut off the date on the coin tells me that he knows exactly what he has and that he's a con man.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

@PerryHall.... good point, had not considered that.....Cheers, RickO

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@ricko said:

The fact that the pics cut off the date on the coin tells me that he knows exactly what he has and that he's a con man.

Exactly

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@ricko said:

If you get taken by this scam, you got to be dumber than a bag of hammers. You can't tell me that there are no longer any Maryland State Quarters in circulation.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rory, aren't you familiar with President Carlos?

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.

@PerryHall.... good point, had not considered that.....Cheers, RickO

• BustDm: Yes, he's Americas neighbor.

Looks like this ebay seller has a few more lined up (shown in the upper portion of the photo) ready for the next sale...
    Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Bustcollector said:
    BustDm: Yes, he's Americas neighbor.

Looks like this ebay seller has a few more lined up (shown in the upper portion of the photo) ready for the next sale...

Must be fun to be coin dealer when you can go the bank to buy your inventory at face value.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a rare one alright.

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• slider23slider23 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the seller's business plan is working as there is a bid at $199.

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slider23 said:

Absolutely unbelievable

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I emailed him on the 23rd saying "Hello, Can you show me a photo of the entire front and back of the coin? Very interested. Thanks!" and have yet to hear back. I was mostly interested in what he was going to say or if he really would post more.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2016 8:55PM

@MorganMan94 said:

@slider23 said:

Absolutely unbelievable

Let's hope it's a non-paying bidder screwing with him.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file