Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Speaking of coin cabinets

I saw a post last week about a member who was building his own coin cabinet out of an old drawer. I thought I would post a photo or two of the coin cabinet I made awhile back. This cabinet is made out of solid walnut, and has 21 draws that hold my GSA collection when it is not in my safe deposit box. Hope you all like.

imagenull

Comments

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I suck at pictures I guess. I know it useless without them. I have tried every thing I know to post them and nothing works for me.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jack

It looks like you are trying to link the pic directly from your desktop.That won't work.

m
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Hi Jack

It likes like you are trying to link the pic directly from your desktop.That won't work.

m

That's because I'm not smart enough

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to open up a Photobucket account (free) then download it there, THEN import it here from Photobucket.

On major reason the internet sucks.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    go to http://tinypic.com/ no need to open an account. Upload the image there and cut and paste the IMG link in your message here
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack, if there's a six year old in the neighborhood they'll know what to do. image

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lablover
    Jack, if there's a six year old in the neighborhood they'll know what to do. image

????????

Mark, Mr. Comemman is helping me, I hope
  • Options
    Photobucket is so terribly laggy for me.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya go and it's a dayum fine piece! Jack, carved this himself using only a pocketknife and Popsicle sticks.......

Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Thank you Mark
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    WAY COOL!!
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Now that was worth the wait Jack!!!! Very beautiful...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BustCudsBustCuds Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Nice Job, Looks Great! image
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm....knowing Jack this cabinet needs more drawers......

Looks great!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!
    GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: blu62vette
    Hmmmm....knowing Jack this cabinet needs more drawers......

Looks great!!

You are correct. Holds 84 GSA coins, not nearly enough. I used velvet inserts that were designed for eight PCGS or NGC holders. I cut the left side divider and right side, leaving the middle devider and the four GSA's fit in there like a glove.
    I could use another dozen or so draws.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: boyernumismatics

Photobucket is so terribly laggy for me.

This isn't.

The best I've found that is also the simplest.

https://postimage.org/
  • Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    V nice woodworking!
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work, Jack. You should be proud of that.

Also, Thanks topstuf for the link to postimage. So simple and quick to use. Worked great for me. Have always used photobucket, but lately some not so friendly changes have slowed the images down considerably.

Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Very cool!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack, nice cabinet.

You CAN do the photo bucket thing. Look at me, the serial procrastinator. I put that off for 14 years until last summer when I had to sell my neighbor's truck for him and post photos in on-line ads. At age 73 and not clear of mind, he was incapable of doing any of it himself following losing his license. So I fumbled around in photobucket for 10 minutes and finally got a link to work. Not so hard. What was I afraid of all those years? Haven't used it since...lol.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Wow - never had that happen before. 6 duplicate posts could be a record.

Very nice coin cabinet. Very funny post by lablover.
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREAT CABINET!!!! The hours to construct your masterpiece must be even more impressive than your choice of your black walnut wood selection.

Now you only need a walk-in safe to display your treasures.

OINK
  • Options

It's so true, those young ones really know the IT stuff. We ole farts still struggle, right Jack?

Jack, how long would it take to build one of those for PCGS slabs? I'll sign them up if you build...image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work! There appears to be some nice stuff in the drawers. Maybe you shared photos of them and I missed it.
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice work Jack...and great choice of wood. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowsers! That is a really nice cabinet!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

It's so true, those young ones really know the IT stuff. We ole farts still struggle, right Jack?

Jack, how long would it take to build one of those for PCGS slabs? I'll sign them up if you build...image

Jim, that coin chest was originally built to house PCGS and NGC holdered coins. I modified it to accept my GSA collection. It was built over two weekends up here in the north during the winter when there is no golf. Have to do something or I would go crazy.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice piece.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • Options
    BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice transformation and good craftsmanship.

As usual cabinets never seem large enough.

For another hobby of steam models my cabinet was way too small before it was half completed.

[URL=http://s306.photobucket.com/user/bigal2749/media/cabinet001.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Bigal, very nice cabinet. You do it yourself?
  • Options
    BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TONEDDOLLARS
    Bigal, very nice cabinet. You do it yourself?

Yes I did and I was happy with the result but probably could have done without the mirrors.

Glass and mirrors cost a fortune
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    Very nice work Jack...and great choice of wood. Cheers, RickO

Ditto and also like the steam engine cabinet. Certainly some talented persons here on this board.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice cabinet BigAl..... well done.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cabinets.
    Larry

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood is good. Coins will tone naturally there, in the raw, on felt. Imagine that. Never mind, just rambling. Nice cabinet.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice, I forget what they call that type of cabinet, they are generally very expensive. I would love to have one for my closet.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    That IS one damn beautiful cabinet!!! Looks like Bodin has his work cut out for him!!!
    I'll come up with something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file