Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2017 Topps Heritage Pre-Thread

Here's a link:

Blowout Buzz - 2017 Topps Heritage First Buzz

I can't wait - My birth year and the year of the Tiger! I am concerned though; the article states there will be 100 SP instead of 75. It also (the way I read it) eliminates the basic chrome XXX/999 set.

Post your thoughts. Go!
Lifelong Detroit Tigers Fan

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmktigers
    Here's a link:

I can't wait - My birth year and the year of the Tiger! I am concerned though; the article states there will be 100 SP instead of 75. It also (the way I read it) eliminates the basic chrome XXX/999 set.

Post your thoughts. Go!

• I always like the heritage set, crazy that it'll eventually get back around to the years I first started ripping packs that's when I'll know I'm over the hill for good!
  • Love Heritage. Have every set since 2001. This was and always will be the place to discuss it, although the group of traders have dwindled over the years, no fault of our own.
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I also have all the Heritage sets so far. But also have all the regular Topps sets through 2016. So every year I debate what year to stop getting the Heritage sets. My current thinking is I will not go beyond the 1972 reproduction.

Up to 2010 I compiled what what sellers on eBay called master sets, plus all variations. I quit doing the variations in 2011 because they seemed to get too numerous and too scarce to warrant pursuit.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • I stopped the SSP variations around the same time. It may have been the year they did the black/white variations in 2009. 2011 had all of the red/green/blue tints...no way. Now all of the action variations? I just do the master set.....the base set, SPs, and four insert sets. That's all. I did do the black/green variations in 2008 though.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    meh...
  • You don't like Walt? Why?
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bishop
    I also have all the Heritage sets so far. But also have all the regular Topps sets through 2016. So every year I debate what year to stop getting the Heritage sets. My current thinking is I will not go beyond the 1972 reproduction.

Up to 2010 I compiled what what sellers on eBay called master sets, plus all variations. I quit doing the variations in 2011 because they seemed to get too numerous and too scarce to warrant pursuit.

You're going to buy the 2055 Topps Heritage set based on the 2016 Topps regular set....you know it. image

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    If I do live to be 105 maybe they will let me dance with the president or his/ her spouse on TV.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want that Syndergaard/Ryan Mets autograph card!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Are the short prints the last 100? Been out for a couple of years. Thought it used to be 75. Flip stock parallel cards? That's sounds new as well. Any info or comments on them?

• @Mick65 said:
    Are the short prints the last 100? Been out for a couple of years. Thought it used to be 75. Flip stock parallel cards? That's sounds new as well. Any info or comments on them?

The SP series was the final 75 cards of the set since 2009. It appears to be a change to 100 for 2017.

Flip stock parallels have been included since 2015 Heritage high series. The front is unfinished matte and the back is glossy.

Lifelong Detroit Tigers Fan
  • I've done as others on this thread; I collect the master set, chromes, refractors, and purple (or whatever color) refractors. Every year it seems to be less about collecting and more like a treasure hunt for all the super-duper short prints. If the sp's are 1:2 packs, as before, that's eight boxes plus eight packs, assuming perfect collation, to get the 500 card set. it might just be less expensive to buy a set on ebay.

• I think they missed out on not including a 3D insert but other than that looks like another fun product.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭

I am looking forward to next year's set as well. I am putting together my version of masters sets; all I need is the 01 NAP of Glavine, the 02 NAP cards of McGwire and Jeter and the 03 NAP of Piazza to have the basic masters sets. I also try for the SSP cards as the budget and marriage allows. Except for the color variations in 2011, I managed to get all of the SSP cards for that set. PWCC has the 09 Jeter variation (PSA 10) right now, but I'll probably have to pass on that one as I'm sure the price will be quite high once bidding concludes.

• @TheMick6 said:
    I always like the heritage set, crazy that it'll eventually get back around to the years I first started ripping packs that's when I'll know I'm over the hill for good!

I'm waiting on 1986 Heritage, my first packs opened! To be honest I can't wait for the 70 set release my favorite vintage set love those grey boarders.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Hello Walt, ditto the "meh". At this point it's more of an addiction than enjoyment for me.

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets

Looks like the release is right around the corner.....Cases still around $725?

• I do the years I like. None this year, maybe a box of 69 & 70, but loading up for 71&72. In only 15 short years we will have 1983. Damn I'm getting old.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

@jmmiller777 said:
    Hello Walt, ditto the "meh". At this point it's more of an addiction than enjoyment for me.

Me too. Done every year since the beginning, but some years are more fun than others. Last year I was really looking forward to since I love the '67 design (second only to '53 Bowman post war, IMO) but the image quality was horrible. Never that thrilled with the '68 hemp design but will suck it up until the '70 and '71 designs come out. Like Al, I'm going to stick a fork in it after the '72 design.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I don't collect new stuff but do like the topps heritage design. What are these sets worth? What are the most expensive ones and why?

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

I have put every master set together from 2001 to 2016. I have slowly started selling of some of my sets but I will put this years set together, I enjoy picking up autos that I like every year.

• @BeRoyalKC said:
    I think they missed out on not including a 3D insert but other than that looks like another fun product.

Box toppers this year

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

I wish they would fixed the image quality as well. They keep printing them like Topps back in the sixties never got any better over the years. The sixties images were great quality, why Topps heritage thinks the poor quality gives it an old feel is beyond me. If they want to provide some nostalgia re-use pictures from previous years........

Cardboard Connection:

Looking back at 1968 Topps for inspiration, 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball maintains its course of systematically applying previous flagship designs to the modern names of baseball. Hobby boxes include either one autograph or one relic as well as a box topper.

A whopping 500 players are featured in the 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball base set, with 100 short prints. This includes a variety of subsets like Combo Cards, League Leaders, Rookie Stars, Team Cards, Topps News All-Stars and World Series Highlights. Of course, it wouldn't be Heritage without a healthy dose of Variations.

Providing collectors with considerable variety, standard base parallels include Blue Bordered (#/50 - Hobby only), Bright Yellow Backs (#/25), Gray Backs (#/10), and the now-familiar Flip Stock (#/5 - Hobby only). There is also a partial Chrome parallel for 100 cards in the base set along with Refractor (#/568), Blue Bordered (#/68), Gold Bordered (#/5 - Hobby only), SuperFractor (1/1) and Hot Box-exclusive Refractor (Hobby only) Chrome parallels.

Acting as the main signed insert in 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball, the customary Real One Autographs showcase on-card signatures on the '68 design in blue ink. Real One Special Edition parallels are hand-numbered to 68 copies and signed in red ink. Exclusive to hobby, Real One Dual Autographs and Triple Autographs mix active and retired players with hard-signed cards.

All falling under the Clubhouse Collection insert line, 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball memorabilia cards are represented by CC Relics, Dual Relics (#/68), Triple Relics (#/25) and Quad Relics (#/10). Each version has a hobby-only, one-of-one Patch parallel and the main relic set also has a Gold parallel, numbered to 99.

Other hits in 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball include 1968 Mint with embedded coins. Only found in hobby boxes, the currency-based insert comes as Nickel (#/15), Dime (#/10), Quarter (#/5) and JFK Silver Half Dollar (1/1) parallels. Collectors can also track down 1968 U.S. Postage Stamp Relics (#/50) featuring original stamps and 1968 Cut Signatures (1/1) with autographs for both baseball and celebrity subjects.

Offering a mix of standard inserts, 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball contains Baseball Flashbacks (1:20 packs), News Flashbacks (1:20 packs), New Age Performers (1:12 packs), Then and Now (1:20 packs), and 1968 Topps Game (1:10 packs), which revisits the sole '68 insert.

Dropping one per hobby box, box loaders finish off 2017 Topps Heritage Baseball. The 1968 choices include 3D, Ad Panel, Poster, Poster Autographs and stamped Topps Originals.

Release Date: 3/1/2017
    Product Configuration: 9 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case

2017 Topps Heritage Baseball Hobby Box Break
    1 Autograph or Relic Card
    1 Box Topper
    2 1968 Topps Game Inserts
    2 New Age Performers Inserts
    1 Baseball Flashbacks Insert
    1 News Flashbacks Insert
    1 Then and Now Insert
    216 Total Cards

Auto Checklist (Cardboard Connection):

ROA-ABE Andrew Benintendi - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-ABR Alex Bregman - Houston Astros
    ROA-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
    ROA-AK Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
    ROA-ARE Alex Reyes - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-ARI Anthony Rizzo - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-AW Al Worthington - Minnesota Twins
    ROA-BB Bill Bryan - Washington Senators
    ROA-BD Bill Denehy - Washington Senators
    ROA-BH Bryce Harper - Washington Nationals
    ROA-BLE Bob Lee - Cincinnati Reds
    ROA-BLO Bobby Locke - California Angels
    ROA-BR Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
    ROA-BSA Bob Saverine - Washington Senators
    ROA-BSH Braden Shipley - Arizona Diamondbacks
    ROA-CC Carlos Correa - Houston Astros
    ROA-CFU Carson Fulmer - Chicago White Sox
    ROA-CJ Clarence Jones - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-CSE Corey Seager - Los Angeles Dodgers
    ROA-DD David Dahl - Colorado Rockies
    ROA-DJ Derek Jeter - New York Yankees
    ROA-DN Dick Nen - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-DSW Dansby Swanson - Atlanta Braves
    ROA-FL Francisco Lindor - Cleveland Indians
    ROA-FRO Frank Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
    ROA-FV Fred Valentine - Washington Senators
    ROA-GR Garry Roggenburk - Boston Red Sox
    ROA-GS George Springer - Houston Astros

ROA-HR Hunter Renfroe - San Diego Padres
    ROA-JBE Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
    ROA-JBO Jim Bouton - New York Yankees
    ROA-JBU Jerry Buchek - New York Mets
    ROA-JD Jacob deGrom - New York Mets
    ROA-JDE Jose De Leon - Los Angeles Dodgers
    ROA-JM Joe Musgrove - Houston Astros
    ROA-JS Jimmie Schaffer - Cincinnati Reds
    ROA-JT Jake Thompson - Philadelphia Phillies
    ROA-KB Kris Bryant - Chicago Cubs
    ROA-LBR Lou Brock - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-LG Lucas Giolito - Washington Nationals
    ROA-LT Lee Thomas - Houston Astros
    ROA-MS Miguel Sano - Minnesota Twins
    ROA-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
    ROA-NR Nolan Ryan - New York Mets
    ROA-NS Noah Syndergaard - New York Mets
    ROA-OC Orlando Cepeda - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-PC Pete Cimino - California Angels
    ROA-PN Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
    ROA-RCA Rod Carew - Minnesota Twins
    ROA-RJ Reggie Jackson - Oakland Athletics
    ROA-RL Rene Lachemann - Oakland Athletics
    ROA-SC Steve Carlton - St. Louis Cardinals
    ROA-TG Tyler Glasnow - Pittsburgh Pirates
    ROA-TST Trevor Story - Colorado Rockies
    ROA-YM Yoan Moncada - Boston Red Sox.

2017 Topps Heritage Baseball Hobby Box Break
    1 Autograph or Relic Card
    1 Box Topper

2 1968 Topps Game Inserts- SET=30
    2 New Age Performers Inserts- SET=25
    1 Baseball Flashbacks Insert- SET=15
    1 News Flashbacks Insert- SET=15
    1 Then and Now Insert- SET=15

216 Total Cards

minimum 15 boxes to complete subsets

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always look forward to Heritage. The Jeter auto. especially, along with the usual suspects ( autos.Trout,Harper) juices the product.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • I'm in for the groovy colors of 1975 & position player of 1976. 1968 design is far from my favorite but still a fun break every year.

Check out my Collection @ http://www.zistle.com/YankeesNYY
  • Any word yet if the Jeter Auto will be Red Only like the Mariano Auto?

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I'm in again for this year. Have a case coming from Blowout. 1969 was the last year I collected as a teen so I was thinking of ending my Heritage run there but who knows ? Sometimes it's hard to resist collecting cards.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • LOVE IT!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • For my modern fix, the opening of a Heritage case is Christmas for me! I've purchased one every year since 2001 and will continue to do so.

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.

@OldEnglishD5 said:
    For my modern fix, the opening of a Heritage case is Christmas for me! I've purchased one every year since 2001 and will continue to do so.

Appreciate a report on your hits.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picking up four cases in the morning.

edited February 28, 2017 10:08PM

UPS/BLOWOUT telling me that my case should be delivered tomorrow. Stay tuned !

That is 3/1, didn't notice it was after midnight ( a great JJ Cale song btw)

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm in as well. Have a lot of pre-sell stuff to sort out and ship and heading out of town Friday (thanks Topps for always releasing Heritage right before or during Spring Break!), but will try to post some pics.

• @Knopfler said:
    I'm in as well. Have a lot of pre-sell stuff to sort out and ship and heading out of town Friday (thanks Topps for always releasing Heritage right before or during Spring Break!), but will try to post some pics.

Well Said. Would love to see the timing of this at mid to late March. 2 years ago I was at Spring training for the week. Bought an error card on auction and then came home and pulled the same birthday error card...LOL

3 boxes into my hobby case -boxtoppers 2 buybacks & an ad panel
    8 sp's per box
    4 freaking "rediscover topps" stamped garbage cards per box
    6 NAP total
    4 NF total
    3 BF total
    4 TN total
    3 chrome total
    1 refractor
    1 blue refractor
    2 clubhouse relics
    1 blue border
    3 action variations
    1 team color variation
    1 matte front/glossy back
    7 game cards
    1 nice Joe Morgan '68 dime 5/10 (1/6000+ packs)

Just to give you all an idea of what to expect, a hobby case won't give you all sp.'s or subsets.
    I like the design when I didn't like original 68's not sure why.
    Good luck rippers !

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • I bought 1 box today from my local card shop as my case hasn't been delivered yet. The first pack had a Chris Bryant SP action card. Then I got a Manny Machado autographed Clubhouse Collection Patch card 10/25 which is 1/6,700 packs. Pretty good box!

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.

Nice pickup on the Machado cc !

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

@OldEnglishD5 said:
    I bought 1 box today from my local card shop as my case hasn't been delivered yet. The first pack had a Chris Bryant SP action card. Then I got a Manny Machado autographed Clubhouse Collection Patch card 10/25 which is 1/6,700 packs. Pretty good box!

Nice! My cards are still "out for delivery". Come on Cliff!

• tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭

Picked up 2 hobby boxes at my local shop today. Opened 1 box. got everything your supposed to get. But got a real one auto, Brooks Robinson. Yahoo!! Didnt get any autos last year.

EXCELLENT ! I love getting the HOF autos from 60's, 70's players.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Woo Hoo

Happy Heritage Day everyone! I remember that day when this wasn't a national holiday.

Here are the highlights of my 7 box break.

Ichiro and Trout GU /99
    3D's Rizzo and Thor
    Minis /100 Cargo and Cespedes
    Dark Back Batting Leaders DJ/Murphy/Votto
    Color Swap Machado
    Carson Fulmer Red Ink /68
    Lee Thomas Blue Ink
    Big Papi Blue Chrome Refractor /68

I had fun. Who wants to trade? When did the code numbers on the back get so small?

Waalt

• jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Damn Walt, knew you couldn't stay away. I'm stashing a case and busting 5 boxes to start with. Has anyone seen sightings at Target or Wally World?
    john

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets

@Walt said:
    Woo Hoo

Happy Heritage Day everyone! I remember that day when this wasn't a national holiday.

Here are the highlights of my 7 box break.

Ichiro and Trout GU /99
    3D's Rizzo and Thor
    Minis /100 Cargo and Cespedes
    Dark Back Batting Leaders DJ/Murphy/Votto
    Color Swap Machado
    Carson Fulmer Red Ink /68
    Lee Thomas Blue Ink
    Big Papi Blue Chrome Refractor /68

I had fun. Who wants to trade? When did the code numbers on the back get so small?

Waalt

Looks like Topps wants us to work harder in regard to the codes.

• dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I busted a box today, was fun!

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases

I keep a magnifying glass near when opening .

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2017 1:08PM

I know it's heresy, but my local is not getting their shipment until next week and I wanted a hobby box. Ordered and had one broke online.....

I can't get the dang photobucket to work. It's a Ryan/Bench dual auto-relic #/10!!!!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xY7qimT.png[/img]

IWTDMBII