Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Colorful Saturday winnings

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
A pair of inexpensive pieces I have high hopes for, just to share. I'm all-in to these pieces for about $35. Nice outlet from the 'big' sets!!

Plus a Sunday Winning

Comments

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    The reverse on that Lincoln is sweetimage
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

+1
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins.... are they just for enjoyment or are you building sets? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like em both????
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    Nice coins.... are they just for enjoyment or are you building sets? Cheers, RickO

Both are parts of sets. The Jefferson set is essentially complete, but I have not found a suitable 58-P, and the quest for that leads me to tinker with other dates.

I'm also doing a short set of the wheat pennies. Originally intended as a cheap outlet and past time for smaller shows, I've attended exactly one small show in the last year. Most of the pieces have come off of ebay, and that set is also nearing completion - I would say within a half dozen pieces to finish. I originally envisioned a bunch of bright red pieces, I quickly found myself drawn to pieces with contrast, which then further evolved into pieces with outright color.

I took it as a nice compliment that the couple of times I took the wheat set out, folks have mentioned it is a nice high priced set, whereas actual cost of the pieces range from $.50, to generally less than $10, with a few graded 66s thrown in, but never more than $30.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, good price too.

You did well.

It's going to be tough finding a nice 1958 Jefferson.

They are usually not very appealing.

Underrated date with good strike, nice planchet, and any type of luster at all.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the color on that 51 d nickel. nice pick ups to image
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looking Newps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list