Home Precious Metals
Options

Do you think any of these "auctions" are legit?

piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
The values they are already at seem awfully high, with a trend of 2 particular bidders bidding in every auction, really, every auction.

shill city?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    These days I say 89% of any longtime seller has many shill bidders. If they wont sell it off eBay for a CRAZY offer and I mean way over market crazy. I highly suspect a shiller. The ones that never answer you also. Also notice the sellers that always fetch to $$. Dont mean to offend or step on toes but these are my findings and opinion. If it hurts well straighten the frig up!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree... shill bidders, stay away. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you insinuating that the "Lone Star State" uses shill bidders to sell their unclaimed property that are auction off by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts?image Almost every State does that on eBay and I find it hard to believe that they are using shill bidders. I suspect, since these auctions are sponsored by the State, J6P feels that they are above board and overbids on most items. That's my take.
    PS, I found out via my State: MD, that most of their items will sell for a premium above the going rate. As such, there are no "bargains" to be found in bullion nor coins.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the auctions are legit, the bidders are not.

While the seller's "About Us" talks about the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts I doubt this is an official store of a Texas agency.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    the auctions are legit, the bidders are not.

While the seller's "About Us" talks about the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts I doubt this is an official store of a Texas agency.

Again, the cynic in you has reared his head. Suggest you check out the Texas Comptrollers website, you will see the ebay link.

Texas Comptroller
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."