Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Slow Turnaround times

Comments

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they had a separate set of monkeys who grade the moderns. No need to involve the regular graders to split hairs between MS 69 and MS 70. That would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DollarAfterDollar

I thought they had a separate set of monkeys who grade the moderns. No need to involve the regular graders to split hairs between MS 69 and MS 70. That would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I believe what you are referring to is bulk grading. Not all business strike modern coins fit into this category.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭
    Not good news. One step forward and two steps backimage
  • Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DollarAfterDollar

I'm sure they do but graders are only one piece in the whole cog. Lots of people "touch" the coins. It could be anywhere in the whole process. Phil alluded to some storage capacity issues impacting TrueViews. Maybe there are other IT issues.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got this today after June 10th log in date. I cherry picked it in a unattributed PR 67 holder at the Long Beach Show in June.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Gold SLQ due to be released on September 8 will this push back submission times back even further
  • Options
    CacoinguyCacoinguy Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Submitted 20 coin economy order at Long Beach , didnt post until 6/17. No results as of yet. Hoping by this Friday? Might be a pipe dream.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: pocketpiececommems

With the Gold SLQ due to be released on September 8 will this push back submission times back even further

They graded about 27K of the 125K Gold Mercury Dimes. With a 10K/day avg coin grade rate, can't see how that would slow things down much if at all

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ca coin,

I got a 6/15 eco in, Ill post if they get mine by fri hoping!
  • Options
    My 5/26/ Eco finally graded and shipped in 55 business days. With times going up yet again on economy it is very concerning. Jim is right about NGC right now. They are pushing out orders much quicker and that becomes a serious consideration on lower value items.
    Samuel Shafer
  • Options
    Originally posted by: IndyCoppers

My 5/26/ Eco finally graded and shipped in 55 business days. With times going up yet again on economy it is very concerning. Jim is right about NGC right now. They are pushing out orders much quicker and that becomes a serious consideration on lower value items.

Sad but true. But db will come along soon and say PCGS doesn't want or need the low dollar economy business.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...I have an economy submission with NGC right now that was logged in 7/15 and it still says its in the "scheduled for grading" phase (I want to say it was an estimated 21 business-day wait when sent in)...Of course I want to see the results and I check everyday...I'm not stressing out at all though, but I'm also not a coin dealer.
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Manorcourtman

Sad but true. But db will come along soon and say PCGS doesn't want or need the low dollar economy business.

When did we start caring what he thinks?

According to him, we should send every coin in express. I don't need to divulge why this is a dumb idea. I send in toned common date wheat cents, for crying out loud!

But, I suppose PCGS is probably glad they have a liaison that works for free, even if he doesn't know what he is talking about.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I get close to joining the Collectors Club.....I read this thread, and decide, "Eh....I can wait a few weeks. The coins won't spoil in their current holders". image

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Originally posted by: clarkbar04

According to him, we should send every coin in express. I don't need to divulge why this is a dumb idea. I send in toned common date wheat cents, for crying out loud!

But, I suppose PCGS is probably glad they have a liaison that works for free, even if he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I never said send in every coin Express. I said if you are so concerned with how fast they are returned, then that is the option you should use. If time is of no importance, send them in Economy but don't complain when they deviate from the "estimated" process time by 1 or 2 std deviations.
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the same DBCOIN guy? He used to have some sig line that said 1/200th or 2000th or whatever percentage "owner" of PCGS. He would get on the earning calls and smart off in a condescending way. Same guy???
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Wabbit2313

Is this the same DBCOIN guy? He used to have some sig line that said 1/200th or 2000th or whatever percentage "owner" of PCGS. He would get on the earning calls and smart off in a condescending way. Same guy???

I was never on an earnings call. I think there was a poster from here on a call once and he was respectful. I was 1/300th owner at one time. More diversified now but I have a decent amount.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: dbtunr

I was never on an earnings call. I think there was a poster from here on a call once and he was respectful. I was 1/300th owner at one time. More diversified now but I have a decent amount.

My mistake. Sorry!
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop to 36 day turnaround for Economy submissions on the current estimated turnaround times this week! Down from I believe 47 last week. Moderns are at 20 days and regular at 22 days.

Here's hoping day 46 is my lucky day!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is Day 23 for my regular order. I see that Regular submission turnaround estimate has dropped to 22, so I expect grades to post soon. And there is nothing special about the order, just two high value moderns...

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: clarkbar04

I never said send in every coin Express. I said if you are so concerned with how fast they are returned, then that is the option you should use. If time is of no importance, send them in Economy but don't complain when they deviate from the "estimated" process time by 1 or 2 std deviations.

Std Dev ?? What Bs Go figure .. LOL Std Dev plotted from averages
  • Options
    econo down to 36 day, and I am 47 today.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jdimmick

LOL. Sorry, how can you not laugh when reading this? image
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mbogoman
    Today is Day 23 for my regular order. I see that Regular submission turnaround estimate has dropped to 22, so I expect grades to post soon. And there is nothing special about the order, just two high value moderns...

same with me...day 23 for some regular, nice type coins...nothing extraordinary, just nice pieces.

Tom

• Options

That's a joke right? My 6/2 order is starting to rot in PCGS vaults. Not even sure how many days that is? I think it's 80 calendar days now. Pathetic!!!
  • Options

That's a joke right? My 6/2 order is starting to rot in PCGS vaults. Not even sure how many days that is? I think it's 80 calendar days now. Pathetic!!!

56 working days when you minus 4th of July. Something must be up with your order. My 6/1 economy orders shipped on 7/28 and 8/1.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is speeding up: http://www.pcgs.com/Statistics/ My guess, by the time my stuff gets graded they will be faster than projected times.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first ever submission (regular) just got shipped out today. If it comes back before Manorcourtman's comes back, I'll buy him a beer. image

On a more serious note....maybe it's time to call customer service? Might be stuck at the bottom of a pile somewhere....
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    I just sent them a nice (very nice and cordial) note thru the system checking on status of mine, see what happens
  • Options
    Business day 57 has come and gone. No grades/coins. CSR says probably by the end of the week. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....Same story, different day......
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Business day 57 has come and gone. No grades/coins. CSR says probably by the end of the week. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....Same story, different day......

You'll probably end up with the mint medals before you get your submission back image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

The newest problem is shipping. My order was done Friday and has yet to ship. Doesn't look like much of anything is shipping on the orders page.
  • Options
    same here , nothing, and not even a response from CS
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that they now estimate 36 working days. The bad news is that estimate is for "new" submissions. Your June submission is still on a 47 day turn around.

I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm right.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options

The newest problem is shipping. My order was done Friday and has yet to ship. Doesn't look like much of anything is shipping on the orders page.

Speaking of shipping....when I get time I'm going to post a picture of what I just rec'd back from them. It is quite interesting.........

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At about 2 1/2 months now on my June Long Beach submission of World coins. I did finally get back all of the US coin orders submitted at the show image Hope they are just taking extra time to review because the grades are so high image

Submitted at the Long Beach on June 10 (not logged in until the following week on June 14). Still in process after 50+ business days...

This could be the first time I've submitted coins at a Long Beach show and not received them back in time to have them in my case at the following show... only 2 weeks until the September Long Beach image At this point, it would be nice if they just brought the graded coins to that show for me and saved me the $35 or so in shipping!!!

• Options

Speaking of shipping....when I get time I'm going to post a picture of what I just rec'd back from them. It is quite interesting.........

Based on your comments here, it can only be one of two things:

- horse's head

- dead fish wrapped in newspaper

Seriously though, they don't seem to be processing at the same rate they did in the first 6 months of the year.

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 48...my economy order from 6/17 just posted.
  • Options
    june 15, still nothing!!!!!
  • Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread seems to be slowing down a bit. I guess people are getting used to 45 Business Days for Economy Grading being the new Norm.
    I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by: JeffMTampa

This thread seems to be slowing down a bit. I guess people are getting used to 45 Business Days for Economy Grading being the new Norm.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6/8 crossover posted. Still waiting on 6/9 economy.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any shows coming up that will slow down the grading times?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: logger7

image You think they are good now?
  • Options

list of shows

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

list of shows

Don't forget this show schedule as well --

List of international shows

I have noticed this week the PCGS output has been down. Last weekend the total number of coins graded was a very interesting number -- a palindrome consisting of 4-fives and 4-threes: 33,555,533. Today, the figure stands at 33,587,676. That makes for a 4-day increase of 32,143, or 8,036 per business day, which projects to 176,787 for a 30-calendar-day period.
  • Options
    CacoinguyCacoinguy Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    6/17 economy grades posted wednesday , should have back in mail saturday
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regular submission, 7/21, just posted today. That's 27 business days from system entry to posting.
  • Options
    zas107zas107 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting on my coinfacts refund. image Super slow turnaround time there. Have even emailed CS a few times. Gave up a couple months ago on that one.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS will have some blowback down the road .. my friend when he takes in coins for PCGS grading.. tells his customers wait time is 10 weeks.. He now takes fees up front for PCGS ....not for NGC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file