Home Precious Metals

Silver spiking higher than fireworks last night

tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
$20.50.... and spiked around $21 last night?!! Someone definitely lit a fuse under it.

So... is it going to keep going or is it just a "flash in the pan"? Not sure I want to either buy or sell until it settles down for awhile. Maybe the big boys will manipulate it back down on Tuesday...
----- kj

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will wait for correction before I buy more.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually caught that on kitco at the top of the spike........then checked again 5 minutes later
    and it was down 75 cents , I felt I was in the front seat of the roller coster image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used some ebay bucks to pick up a buy it now for an item priced more around 18.50 to 19.00 silver range... but still had some hesitation even at the level. Going to have to wait and see before considering any others. But who knows?? Maybe $20 will turn out to be the 'new' bargain level.
    ----- kj
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I cannot predict whether this will continue, or die,.. it is interesting to see how silver is holding over the last week or so... Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a live feed on investing.com last night and watched it climb to $21.16, then it dropped just as fast as it went up. Interesting to watch in real time.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coming breakup of the EU will force it higher....Spent my ebay bucks as fast as I could on silver yesterday.

bobimage

PS: What country is next to exit the EU? Any gusses?
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: AUandAG
    The coming breakup of the EU will force it higher....Spent my ebay bucks as fast as I could on silver yesterday.

bobimage

PS: What country is next to exit the EU? Any gusses?

I think Poland is getting a little fed up with the situation. I could see them following England.

----- kj
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmski52

I found a live feed on investing.com last night and watched it climb to $21.16, then it dropped just as fast as it went up. Interesting to watch in real time.

From $21.16 down to $19.65 as i type this. Rule #1 in metals...NEVER buy over a long weekend that already had uncertainty going into it. Invest, never speculate.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • it seems to be too unstable for me to buy now, waiting for the next price fall, just for a day
    Never stop stacking
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    will wait for correction before I buy more.

image Sound advice.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."