Home Precious Metals

World's top ten producing gold mines

derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fun read

I better get back to work now.
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why China and Russia are not on the list, and Africa...
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: thebigeng

The former Soviet Unions mine located in: Muruntau Uzbekistan, is the #1 producing mine in the world and I suspect that Russia is still involved one way or another, with that venture.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA
    Originally posted by: thebigeng

The former Soviet Unions mine located in: Muruntau Uzbekistan, is the #1 producing mine in the world and I suspect that Russia is still involved one way or another, with that venture.

agreed, what we dont hear about at times. just saying
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those massive open pit mines sure dispel the mental images of the deep, dark endless tunnel mines....although I am sure many of those still exist. Cheers, RickO
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting information !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Nevada the "Silver " State lol,

75% of the US gold mined here
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, after seeing those pits, it's a wonder gold isn't less expensive. I can think of several huge mines that aren't even on the list.

I've often wondered, being open pits aren't something the world needs why we need the gold above ground in the first place. Sure, copper and other base metals but with that too I say there should not be any new mines until there are no more junk yards. Why not assay the ground and create a stock cert that shows ownership and value of property, then that can be traded. Really, do we need vaults of bars laying around more than stripping out trees and destroying all this property? All these pits will never get filled back up.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that gold and we fight over a few ounces minted in 1933, that we made and a coin dealer got the "first strikes" of. image Go figure.