Home Precious Metals

ASE's + $1 worth it?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
So, is buying ASE's at spot plus $1'ish ($18.54) worth the chances/effort via craigs,
with the owner leaving?

The drive/pickup distance factor would require several tubes to make it worth it.
COA

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in my book....C.L. spells "trouble."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: tneig
    So, is buying ASE's at spot plus $1'ish ($18.54) worth the chances/effort via craigs,
    with the owner leaving?

The drive/pickup distance factor would require several tubes to make it worth it.

If its craigslist pretend you own a coin shop and offer 2 bucks back of spot for ASE's.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many fake ASE's flooding the market from China. Do you know how to authenticate these coins?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buy from a reputable seller.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first red flag is 'craigs list', the second is the price, and the long trip would spell 'no way' to

put closure on the deal. Cheers, RickO
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko

The first red flag is 'craigs list', the second is the price, and the long trip would spell 'no way' to

put closure on the deal. Cheers, RickO

This ^^^...and buy from a reputable dealer, one you know you can go back to if there is an issue and they'll make it right.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once did an $8K cash deal on CL for ASEs. Worked great. His cash was good and my silver was good.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

I once did an $8K cash deal on CL for ASEs. Worked great. His cash was good and my silver was good.

I assume this transaction took place in a very secure and public place such as your bank lobby.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend your money on this first.

Then you can shop CL with a bit more confidence.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

I assume this transaction took place in a very secure and public place such as your bank lobby.

Maybe a back alley in Detroit @ 1am......

Come on now, Bajjerfan's been here for quite awhile and doesn't strike me as stupid. I am sure he took what precautions he deemed necessary (and, he is obviously still here posting, so it worked out)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I would consider if it was conducted in the parking lot of a police station. If it's a lot of silver, and it's nothing but a thief looking to rob you, they know you are probably packing a lot of cash. Our local PD has a spot in the parking lot designated for CL transactions in clear view of every driver driving down the busiest street in town and in front of the windows of the police dept.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Good sound advice. Thank You.

Maybe "Moving" in his description is another red flag! But I'm not pursuing it.
    COA
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BBN
    I would consider if it was conducted in the parking lot of a police station. If it's a lot of silver, and it's nothing but a thief looking to rob you, they know you are probably packing a lot of cash. Our local PD has a spot in the parking lot designated for CL transactions in clear view of every driver driving down the busiest street in town and in front of the windows of the police dept.

I do this with big cash transactions. I have asked the duty officer if he can have a deputy visible a couple of time.
    If it's a trade, my bank will let me use a cubicle. No cash at the bank.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that there can just as easily be too much visibility when conducting business in public view. Smoe people on these boards have a conniption fit because their mailperson delivers a coin mag to their mailbox, yet it's ok to let strangers watch them deal in lots of CASH!
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: asheland

Originally posted by: derryb

http://www.sigmametalytics.com/purchase.html

Buy straight from the source and save some $$$