Options

Wait.. What!.. Was that the bottom?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Gas is going up as well...
COA

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict that we have seen the low for gold and silver, unless we haven't. image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As predictions go, I will predict that I am not going to predict anymore... never right anyway. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel strongly both ways.
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should predict it will go lower. That way it will go through the roof image
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    My investment strategy depends on it... :-)

Originally posted by: ricko
    As predictions go, I will predict that I am not going to predict anymore... never right anyway. Cheers, RickO

COA
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feeling is: "You're late to the party" Bottom happened several months ago. Your question should be: "is there room for further advances in 2016" or more of the same narrow range movements.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm eyeing a few more things this week after that, UP UP and away
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "China has reportedly decided "there can be no conversion of gold-backed Yuan to or from US dollars." What China fears is that many countries around the world will want to trade their reserve US dollars for the new Yuan, leaving China with mountains of worthless US dollars. China already has several trillion in US dollar reserves and does not want or need more."

Starts April 19.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the discussion of negative interest rates and the war on cash continues, yes, we have seen an intermediate term bottom. Concern is strong over the future of one's money, it's ability to "grow," and the future of its value. Lack of confidence in the future of one's cash holdings is the current driver of metal price strength. When it changes or is less in the forefront, metal price direction changes. Until the FED announces "no NIRP" (whether true or not) or the media hits the "distract" button, dollar confidence will remain low.

However, the charts and COTs are telling us that a current top is in. Falling below the low of $1050 is doubtful, but always possible. Gold miners have enjoyed the ride up with gold, but they too are under threat if a projected dollar index rally develops. Do not assume the dollar index is an indicator for dollar confidence - two completely different animals. They have no dependable relationship.

My very short term paper playing gut tells me to prepare to go short (DUST). The near term answer lies in the dollar index and those currencies that affect it, primarily the euro and the yen. My gut is smelling a dollar index rally and has me holding my cash for better physical prices in the near future.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: renman95
    "China has reportedly decided "there can be no conversion of gold-backed Yuan to or from US dollars." What China fears is that many countries around the world will want to trade their reserve US dollars for the new Yuan, leaving China with mountains of worthless US dollars. China already has several trillion in US dollar reserves and does not want or need more."

Starts April 19.

Sounds like China should be exchanging dollars for gold. Or did they already think of this? image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The workers had a saying just before the USSR collapsed, "We pretend to work, and they pretend to pay us."

Our monetary policy somehow reminds me of this.

Gas is going up as well...

Gas was up $0.20/gal from the last time that I filled up, but then I look on ZeroHedge and there's a piece showing all of the supertankers all backed up for miles in the shipping channels and it becomes apparent why they are trying to get an agreement to cut production - which is probably not going to happen.

We live in interesting times.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c'mon baby, one more big metals spike while I'm young enough to enjoy it, I'm loaded with bullion from backing up the truck,

going to start selling some duplicates this summer, would like to get $40 and $1600 again, or over, before I'm 6 feet under..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What China fears is that many countries around the world will want to trade their reserve US dollars for the new Yuan

An unfounded fear. But, that is what we all feed off of isnt it?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Overdate
    I predict that we have seen the low for gold and silver, unless we haven't. image

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.
  • Options
    There is no Like button, but "LIKE"

Originally posted by: Baley
    c'mon baby, one more big metals spike while I'm young enough to enjoy it, I'm loaded with bullion from backing up the truck,
    going to start selling some duplicates this summer, would like to get $40 and $1600 again, or over, before I'm 6 feet under..

COA