Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pay It Forward Official Thread-- -new offer on the table by PJB

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

I will claim the Joe D, sight unseen, provided that it's ok if I offer a combination of a PSA graded card and an eBay GC. Does anybody know if that's legal? Can't find the rules. Also, what was the price range for offerings, was it $50-75? Want to pick an appropriate denomination for the GC.

The original rule for value was between $50-$75 but the last few offerings have been in the $200+ range. I believe the DiMaggio is also a $200+ card, if I'm not mistaken.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Grote, I paid over $200 for it, lol. Djr's offering blew me away so I figured I would return the favor.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Options
    Originally posted by: nonpareil

Grote, I paid over $200 for it, lol. Djr's offering blew me away so I figured I would return the favor.

That's what I figured. Nice gesture on your part to maintain the value like that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Will post up in a few
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    Will post up in a few
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    Updating... I sent pics to grote15 so they will hopefully be in this thread soon.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Options
    Pics posted for the DiMaggio card on behalf of nonpareil:

• Options
    #1 Lasorda RC PSA 6 and Ozzie PSA 8 and Oliva PSA 8
    or #2
    Trout RC BGS 9.5 pair
    imageimage

#3 this is a Clemente oddball lot. The 1971 Fleer world series is a low pop short print.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I am in for Lot #1 = Lasorda, Ozzie and Oliva.

Offering up an unopened GAI 8 73 Pack with 132 Alou on the back and a 79 Baseball Grocery 3 Pack - both purchased from members on CU.

The 79 Grocery Rack is wrapped in bubble wrap with the wrapped rack taped to a cardboard backing for stability.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Flcardtrader- I have your address-
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    I received the Donruss Golf cards. Thanks!!! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Now this is starting to look like what Manny envisioned!!!! Great offerings guys.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Wow, very cool items guys, someday I shall join in the fun! image
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

and I cannot believe the 73 pack and 79 tray is still there. I may have to....no don't do it....please do not make me do it----someone TAKE IT !!!
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take the 73 pack and 79 tray. Here is my offering: Will add options if not claimed in 24 hours.

imageimageimage

Option#2
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow. Sorry I missed the 73 and 79 packs. That's what I get for paying attention to my kids and working. I've really got to get my priorities straightimage
    Steve
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed the momentum generated in this thread - great job all!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I saw the 73 and 79 packs earlier, but decided to let someone else who had yet to participate claim them..hella offerings guys! Now we're cookin!
  • Options
    Great thread and I love the spirit. Keep it going.
  • Options
    2nd option added.
  • Options
    I will take the lot with the 1986 Fleer cards and Unitas and Mays.
    Steve
  • Options
    I will edit this thread with pictures and scans later, but I'll throw out some possibilities now:

Option 1:

1987 Topps FB Wax Box (BBCE)

Option 2--QB Package

1984 John Elway PSA 8
    2005 Aaron Rodgers PSA 10
    2012 Prestige Russell Wilson PSA 10

Option 3

1979 Topps BB rack pack with HOFer showing (Player to be named later because I have to see what I have)
    Steve
  • Options
    Option 3

1979 Topps BB rack pack with HOFer showing (Player to be named later because I have to see what I have)

Ozzie?? image

• Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Option 3

Ozzie?? image

Tim, thanks for offering to supply my third optionimage

Steve
  • Options
    Hoping to get my 1979 PSA 9 Ryan from Waxman soon image

• Options
    OK. So I am bumping the thread with pics/scans of my offerings. I think these are some decent offerings. If there are no takers by tomorrow I will go back to the drawing board. In the meantime, here they are:

Option 1:

1987 Topps FB Wax Box (BBCE)

Option 2--QB Package

1984 John Elway PSA 8
    2005 Aaron Rodgers PSA 10
    2012 Prestige Russell Wilson PSA 10

Option 3

1979 Topps BB rack pack with Joe Morgan on top.
    Steve
  • Options
    bump for a nice offering
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    very nice offering

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I will add a fourth option tonight if there are no takers by then.
    Steve
  • Options
    It's crazy that there haven't been any takers at this point already, Slumm22. Free bump of this thread to indicate that I received djr's offering in the mail today (what took so long image ). Also,my offering went out in the mail yesterday. Let me know when it arrives please. Keep it going, fellas.
  • Options
    I can't participate twice right? Sorry...but don't remember the rules.

If so, I'd take the 87 BBCE FB box image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Baez578

FROM PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD - POSTED 04/18/16

The Rules.
    1. Maximum amount to be offered is total value of $75. Minimum amount if $50. That means if you take something you have to post something to offer valued at between $50-$75. You can offer something valued at greater than $75—but the person who claims it only has to offer something in the range of $50-$75.
    2. What can be offered? PSA, SGC graded cards, BBCE authenticated unopened ONLY. Also-you should offer somehitng that will appeal to a number of members. We do not want things to sit there.
    3. Value determined by SMR, VCP, or eBay past auctions.
    4. If what you offer has not been claimed in 48 hours—YOU AGREE TO REMOVE AND POST SOMETHING DIFFERENT. If you do not you forfeit what you claimed and it will be reposted.
    5. You can offer a maximum of 2 cards/items to meet the value.
    6. Once you claim an item you must post your offer w-in 48 hours.
    7. Once you claim an item—it will not ship until WHAT YOU HAVE OFFERED HAS BEEN CLAIMED. This will prevent someone from getting something and still not have posted their offering—which has happened in the past and is a surefire way to kill the thread.
    8. Once you claim an item you cannot claim another item until 5 others have claimed something. I will keep a running list at the 1st post to keep track of who claimed what.
    9. In order to play you must have been a member here for 3 years OR have 125 posts. This can be changed if you all think it should be – but it should be for long standing valued board members.
    12. DO NOT SHIP TILL YOU ARE SURE THE MEMBER WHO CLAIMED YOUR OFFERING HAS HAD THEIRS CLAIMED TOO.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    flcardtrader,

Received the 73 pack and the 79's. Thanks for the great packaging.
  • Options

LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN TAKE THE BOX.
    Items were taken on these dates by these individuals:

05/04/16 - baez578
    05/05/16 - JHS5120
    05/08/16 - DJR
    05/08/16 - nonpareil
    05/08/16 - cpettimd
    05/08/16 - FLCardTrader
    05/09/16 - JBrules
    05/10/16 - SLum22
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq

LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN TAKE THE BOX.
    Items were taken on these dates by these individuals:

05/04/16 - baez578
    05/05/16 - JHS5120
    05/08/16 - DJR
    05/08/16 - nonpareil
    05/08/16 - cpettimd
    05/08/16 - FLCardTrader
    05/09/16 - JBrules
    05/10/16 - SLum22

GREAT! Thanks. I'll post my offering later tonight.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. Work getting in the way of fun :-)

My offering is a 58 topps Hank Aaron white letter PSA five. As soon as I get a minute to breathe I will put a scan up
  • Options
    see 1st post for the list of takers. thanks Doug for starting it out
  • Options
    Only 8-9 items so far? This is so enjoyable to watch that it seems like much more have moved. Thanks flatfoot.

edit - It would be really interesting if the actual items claimed were listed next the dates which they were taken on in the "Items taken list". IMHO. Great job.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid

Only 8-9 items so far? This is so enjoyable to watch that it seems like much more have moved. Thanks flatfoot.

edit - It would be really interesting if the actual items claimed were listed next the dates which they were taken on in the "Items taken list". IMHO. Great job.

see the 1st post
  • Options
    Lasorda, Oliva, and Ozzie Received - thanks a lot Chris!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid
    Only 8-9 items so far? This is so enjoyable to watch that it seems like much more have moved.

Looks like there have been 18 items taken so far.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks for being patient image
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the 58 Topps Aaron. Here is my offering:

Daniel
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the brett

$50-$75 let me look in my bucket of cards and see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: addicted2ebay
    I'll take the brett

$50-$75 let me look in my bucket of cards and see what I can come up with.

Good job and nice pick up. Ive been looking for this in an 8-9. This is =. I snooze I lose.

BaltimoreYankee - very nice. Wow! Based on the centering that Brett is $150 card at minimum. $190 on a good day. I love the generosity on this board above and beyond.
  • Options
    I think you are high with that value on the Brett, but I do understand what u did there.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    A2E, have you got an offering yet?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    A2E, have you got an offering yet?

Just a bump. It's been 1.5 days and nothing has been put up for the taking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    1981 fleer bbce wax box from a case & 1977 Star Wars series 1 PSA wax pack.

If there's no takers I can see what else I got. Are raw cards allowed?