Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay Buyer to Block

I don't often post about the annoying buyers I've decided to block, but others may have little or no problem with. This buyer is a different story. Long story short, he bought a coin and claimed it was bent, so he returned it. After staring at it long and hard, he might be right that it's microscopically bent--certainly nothing at all obvious--and I'll give him credit that he might be right. But then he went and left a neutral stating that the coin was bent and therefore likely counterfeit. Looking at the other feedback he's left recently, it's all the same MO--coin is bent or otherwise damaged, and it's counterfeit. Dig a little further back, and there are plenty more claims of counterfeits.

I did email him to apologize when I got the return (you know, the customer's always right), and this kind of sums him up: "I do not accept your apology. I'm tired from sending back fake coins to dealers that trying to cheat on you."

He doesn't look like a big-time buyer, but he's certainly a headache. Here's his feedback left for others

If I'm lucky, it sounds like eBay might remove the feedback he left for me, but I'd recommend you not getting involved with him in a transaction.

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have not been having good luck with some of these buyers! I said it on the lite side post, and I'll say it here too...it's because of people like these that I send a lot of my extras to you to sell on eBay. I'm only working part time now and I still don't want to deal with them. Glad your full time job doesn't keep you from continuing to sell on eBay image.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if you noticed, He has bought from you before and left positive feedback.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably has the desire to make himself known as a forgeries expert.
    we should all block him.
    Jeremy I think you would be amongst the last dozen or so on the bay who would even remotely consider not to post a proper description or images without declaring 100% all the
    items faults.
    I am surprised a buyer with so few feedbacks is picking on reputable sellers.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    It must be fake because it's bent. Sound logic. Because if it's made out of cardboard it's also fake, and cardboard bends easily. The human mind is amazing lol

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: WorldCoinsDmitry
    It must be fake because it's bent. Sound logic. Because if it's made out of cardboard it's also fake, and cardboard bends easily. The human mind is amazing lol

yeah, what he said.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    That guy is round the bend
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: amwldcoin

I don't know if you noticed, He has bought from you before and left positive feedback.

I did. I looked up everything I had on this guy when he opened the return, and it looks like the first time around things were smooth. Of course, my leaving feedback doesn't really mean anything. Unless a buyer really screws something up and I leave nothing, I just leave everyone the same positive when I prepare their shipments. Feedback from sellers is completely meaningless.

You have not been having good luck with some of these buyers!
    They always come in groups. This was a bad week.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

There was no particular reason to resurrect this thread, other than to add yet another username on the list of buyers to block: bill512009

Just take my word for it. Or not. :)

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3