Home Precious Metals

What does a 'Donald' economy look like?

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
Estimates of $11 trillion added on to our public debt unter der Trumpf...I don't recall if that was for four years or eight.

PM's?

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the problem....happens with every country that gets in over their head. The National Debt has risen by the same amount under Obama (11 trillion, it was at 8 and now 19 during his terms). Whoever inherits the WH will see that paying down the debt is not possible within any reasonable time frame. It is too large to work with. If the debt goes down I will be very surprised....

A re-evaluation of the dollar is not out of the question. Don't see a way out except for this.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question is do you want four more years of same old same old, or are you ready for some drastic change?

"Your fired" echoing from the capital could be a good thing.

This one's unique in that each of the two parties offers a chance to buck the established party. Revolution in each of the two parities is being demonstrated by how they each go to great links to prevent the people from choosing. Marching out the great white hope to castrate a candidate from his own party helped me decide.

While the choice this go around may help expedite higher metals, their course was really set when Wall St. officially took over Washington under the leadership of the guy who facilitated abolishing Glass-Steagall.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure, but could be some interesting fireworks. So, hold some PM's, some cash, some property, some food, firearms and ammunition. Cheers, RickO

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to run a business you need business acumen . When all these business leaders, church leaders, media moguls , politicians from both sides are doing all they can to ruin the guy and his platform, they must be afraid. I see both parties trying to separate themselves from a guy who obviously speaks out against Status Quo. Not that he hasn't been quite capable of managing his life in the midst of it (status quo).
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, hold some PM's, some cash, some property, some food, firearms and ammunition

Check, check, check, check, check, and double check. image
  • Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Look at the rest of the bunch...if you think 11 trillion is bad just think what the other side will cost. Pretty soon we will be like Zimbabwe! !!

Think like ricko and you will be ok!
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Every one working building America back from the inside out. Great wages for good jobs.
    Safe streets, because every one has a job to go to in the morning.

Seems to me the "R" party favorites think they are "entitled" to the role of candidate.

Let's get back to a earning what we get nation,instead of holding our hands out beggars!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gsa1fan

Every one working building America back from the inside out. Great wages for good jobs.

Safe streets, because every one has a job to go to in the morning.

Seems to me the "R" party favorites think they are "entitled" to the role of candidate.

Let's get back to a earning what we get nation,instead of holding our hands out beggars!

The problem I see is that we have nearly two generations of people who now don't see it as begging. They believe that they are entitled to free college, shouldn't have to pay off student loans, a cell phone is a right and if they can't afford it the state should give them one, and just because they have no skill or education they should get paid what a skilled worker should. Oh and those evil rich people who own business's should foot the bill and pay their share. Until that mentality is changed it won't matter who is president.

If Trump(or anybody else) wins and finds work for every able bodied American, there will be riots and protests in the street. They will be chastised for being the horrible whiplashers making Americans work. It will never be the way it was.

Mentality of the people has shifted and the majority will soon be the beggars. Politicians are basically voted in now by who gives away the most free stuff and the people now have the ability to vote in their own benefits.
    Polticians are the biggest beggars, next to veterans and refugees . And who's responsible for that ?
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with college is that most people don't need to go. There is no point to having a degree if your fate is to be unemployed . Higher education is a bloated corrupt institution that needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt .
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Ricko! We the American People are in for a ride this election cycle!
    We are responsible.

Couple of quotes that apply to both the politicians and the new entitled society

The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

Both parties can use these statements to further their own cause, and I think both have by demonizing the others beliefs. Personally, I see our freedoms taken everyday, and the vacant stares of the people who should care, and it upsets me. Not enough to put on my tinfoil hat and head for the hills, but I don't see anyone saving us from ourselves anytime soon. Certainly not any of the thieves, lowlifes or idiots running for office now.

Originally posted by: thebigeng
    I agree with Ricko! We the American People are in for a ride this election cycle!

Bout time. Upon until now we have always been taken for a ride after the elections. Hope this time it's different, but doubt it.

• rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    Question is do you want four more years of same old same old, or are you ready for some drastic change?

If voting could change anything it would not be permitted.
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

Polticians are the biggest beggars, next to veterans and refugees . And who's responsible for that ?

As a veteran, and one who has never begged for crap, I find your statement to be bigoted, ignorant, and a load of crap and doubt you ever stepped up at all!!!!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Originally posted by: Bochiman

As a veteran, and one who has never begged for crap, I find your statement to be bigoted, ignorant, and a load of crap and doubt you ever stepped up at all!!!!

You're dismissed, sir. You and what Army is going to disprove me ? Have you seen the clamoring for your vote ?

Have you seen them sit at the clinic/ V.A Hospital ?

Have you seen them (refugees) flooding our country from the South , the East or the West ?

While we are a proud people (as ONE nation under God), the begging (let's call it pleading) is for reasons maybe you just do not see from my view. That doesn't make me bigoted, ignorant, nor is the statement a load of crap.

Now calling my character into question, especially regarding service is laughable, too. Then again, you'd have to walk in someone else's boots who's not so arrogant or proud to see, perhaps. I'll bet you were a bully in school. Or maybe you got bullied ? Officers are not all gentlemen and enlisted men are not always pawns for the kings or bishops. Not in a civil society, anyway.

Now before we get too far off topic, I think the economy is going to be fine. Despite who gets elected , the nation is resilient as it's people.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: Bochiman

As a veteran who turned down OCS, and Delta Force, along with a nice promotion (in two enlistee tours ) , and seeing boys without limbs needing help, along with potlicians with mouths (similar to yours always judging and boasting with a chip on your shoulder LOOKING for votes ) , I find your response to my statement to be silly. You're a disgrace to most discussions. (shame on you for taking things out of context and decoding them so they fit in your small brain )

Furthermore, if you've ever been to the V.A. for any treatments , you may know some of us are "begging" for our disabled (even if your proud voice is too arrogant, and not representative of most soldiers willing to stand and fight the good fight ) . And who speaks for the millions of refugees looking for morsels ?

And on that note, sir: you're dismissed.

Check the rules AND the UCMJ. Im sure some "regulations" and items not in the SOP are included in your "civilian verbiage".

I hope those remaining will excuse my outburst online with you , Bochiman.

You can have your petty little outburst as you like to prattle along with no value in ANY of your replies to threads.

Nothing was taken out of context...you HAVE NO CONTEXT. I have been to a VA and I have not seen the begging your purport to.

You have your insults (ie....."small brain", etc. I don't bother to insult you, I just tell it like it is that your babble is demeaning to those who have served.

I don't need your "dismissed" bit....you have no standing.

I stand by my statement that your reply (replies even) are full of crap and I would be very surprised if any of what you said had any truth behind it....this is coming from someone admitted to USMA and who turned it down (while on active duty).

I'm done with you on this thread. If others want to enjoy your trashing on veterans, they can do so. To me, you remain below that of the gum that sticks on shoes when one walks down the street of a major metropolitan city and needs to be scraped off.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Politicians are responsible for both veterans in need and refugees in need. Their lives were turned upside down by the self serving decisions of those politicians. Just a matter of time before you can add "middle-class" to the list.

I'm not trashing veterans or anyone, you silly man.
    Now we're getting somewhere with this , boys. Bochi's out.

Sometimes an apology is more suitable than a denial.

Originally posted by: derryb

Sometimes an apology is more suitable than a denial.

Beggars can't be choosers. My apology is for getting defensive over another person's assertions. However, diplomacy is what it takes to get out of what tact would have kept me out of. A tussle. image… and a thread so "LOADED", any response is the wrong one.
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Diplomacy?

A way of telling someone that they're going to Hell, and they actually look forward to taking the trip.

Originally posted by: PRECIOUSMENTAL
    Diplomacy?
    A way of telling someone that they're going to Hell, and they actually look forward to taking the trip.

Apology …. A way of telling the world I'm sorry I see needy people who served their country begging on the street , weekly.
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the point may be that Veterans contributed more than refugees.

Guess we should not mix Coin Collecting with Politics and Religion.

Take Care.
    I guess the point may be that Veterans contributed more than refugees.
    Guess we should not mix Coin Collecting with Politics and Religion.
    Take Care.

Of course the veterans contributed the most. ( I am one and served two tours. That's a given, but am not bragging or resting on my laurels or servitude). And the refugees flee war.

The politicians get us there. And while one begs for peace, one begs for compassion, and the other for votes.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diplomacy?

Apology …. A way of telling the world I'm sorry I see needy people who served their country begging on the street , weekly.

If so, what are you doing about the situation of those veterans?

I help them. I encourage them. I assist them. A few visit the shop every month.
    And I tell them they don't have to feel ashamed because of their situation. And of course, with the refugees, I donate money and clothing. Have assisted in housing and my family goes on mission trips, though I haven't been on any , as of yet. How about you ? What are you doing to help the veterans and refugees ? Since we are onto me and not the subject of the thread , what does a "DONALD" economy look like to you ?

Disruptive , perhaps ?

I help them. I encourage them. I assist them. A few visit the shop every month.
    And I tell them they don't have to feel ashamed because of their situation. And of course, with the refugees, I donate money and clothing. Have assisted in housing and my family goes on mission trips, though I haven't been on any , as of yet. How about you ? What are you doing to help the veterans and refugees ? Since we are onto me and not the subject of the thread , what does a "DONALD" economy look like to you ?

Disruptive , perhaps ?

Please don't be defensive. I commend you for your efforts.
    What I have done is better left to a PM.
    The Donald is providing an opportunity for changing 'business as usual'.
    As that is better or worse, I don't know.
    I know the usual stinks of corruption and self aggrandizement.

Hey, this is supposed to be a discussion, and it will get back there, soon enough.
    Someone earlier made a comment to "beggars", as in blaming welfare recipients and people on the dole for the problems. As if they are "beggars". They might be lazy. They might be intellectual. They may be geniuses getting over on a system that isn't fair to those who give the most, and many may think they are TOO GOOD to work any job, so they don't work at all. Whereas , I know veterans and refugees who beg to differ on HOW this is. I know veterans and refugees that beg to "get a chance" with any business. And those businesses just aren't looking for THOSE types of people.

I think a large portion of them ( students on the dole, hired actors, etc., ) were disrupting a rally in Chi Town just yesterday for "the" Donald.

As is the case here. Some just want to disrupt the discussion based off of a comment that "offended them" personally. Sorry about that.
    That's Chi-Town for you. I can't pretend to know how the economy might look in ten years. To think I'm drug into the political and religious scenes out here is a testament to my passion for the truth, not to sway voters or convert souls. image

That's above my expertise.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    The federal reserve runs the economy.. No president ever will
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
    I see the crowd of Chicago free loaders shut down the rally last night. Pitiful the police would not restore order. Society must have order.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
    I see the crowd of Chicago free loaders shut down the rally last night. Pitiful the police would not restore order. Society must have order.

Maybe they see a threat to their freebies.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "I think a large portion of them ( students on the dole, hired actors, etc., ) were disrupting a rally in Chi Town just yesterday for "the" Donald. "

That was my first thought upon hearing about what happened in Chicago last night. It would not surprise me at all if the GOP " establishment" staged this so called riot. They are desperate to stop Thrump from locking up the nomination.
    To keep this post coin related.....that is my 2 cents.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Originally posted by: Musky1011
    The federal reserve runs the economy.. No president ever will

For insight into the Federal Reserve, please read,
    "The Creature from Jekyll Island", by Edward Griffin

(pdf available...google)
    Originally posted by: mariner67
    "I think a large portion of them ( students on the dole, hired actors, etc., ) were disrupting a rally in Chi Town just yesterday for "the" Donald. "

That was my first thought upon hearing about what happened in Chicago last night. It would not surprise me at all if the GOP " establishment" staged this so called riot. They are desperate to stop Thrump from locking up the nomination.
    To keep this post coin related.....that is my 2 cents.

There are companies that hire actors to serve as paid protestors

I thought it was fascinating to watch. Liberty needs a refreshing now and again, I don't like the hate and violence on all sides but people are starting to pay attention to politics for the first time in a long time and this is very much needed. Our freedoms came at a great cost and continue to...

I agree the GOP dont want a candidate that can beat the she B. I can not believe they wont get behind a winner. Only explanation can be is "they taking care of THEY own" ~ trained groomed puppets.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am praying for a "change " in the guard or we are going down in flames. But, Gold will go to the Moon
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
    I agree the GOP dont want a candidate that can beat the she B. I can not believe they wont get behind a winner. Only explanation can be is "they taking care of THEY own" ~ trained groomed puppets.

Hillary actually is a republican in all but name , thats why they dont want a candidate to beat her.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a 92% tax on political contributions and laws that apply equally to Congress as those that apply to everyone else. And blind justice, as opposed to social justice.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "Donald" economy? Well, seeing as he went to Wharton School of Business, I would assume that he knows something about economics.

He does state his firm opposition to poor negotiating that results in benefits for the crony capitalists and everyone else being screwed, and screwed again. Can you say, "pharmaceutical industry" and "insurance industry"? There's never been any reason for insurance not to be made competitive across state lines. Not a single reason that doesn't smack of corruption & payoffs. Neither party can tolerate a change in such cozy arrangements.

Internationally, he is 100% spot-on when it comes to both trade deals and treaty negotiations.

Anyone who would send the bust of Winston Churchill back to Britain is no friend of freedom or the USA.

Back to economics, getting rid of the Fed might be helpful. It's been so long that the Fed has been running monetary policy - that no one is even familiar with finance that involves integrity between two contractual partners instead of a third party parasite that skims every transaction by creating new free money for their own, and their preferred cronies' benefit and funnels everyone else towards indentured servitude.

Fiscal policy - I'm guessing that nobody knows too much where Trump would direct the budgetary spending, but he's saying things that indicate he's willing to cut some federal agencies. Again, it's been so long, and there are so many embedded dependents on both the receiving end and the administrative sides of these agencies that it's impossible to know what it might look like on the other end of the tunnel. I remember when the Dept of Education was first created and the teachers really didn't like it. It's only become worse for actual teaching all along the way.

One guy can't make all the necessary changes, but obozo has certainly demonstrated that one guy can make a difference. Time for a 180 degree reversal, and the usual suspects will NEVER do it.

Did I mention, that the usual suspects will NEVER do it?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    The whole schrade seems like a attempt to keep a "outsider" from getting on the inside. What are they a hiding I ask myself???
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much is unknown what a Trump presidency will bring. But I suspect it will not be business as usual.

I agree with much of the changes mentioned by others. Another one I would really like to see.... the politicians be required to live by the same laws they impose on the public. No more special health plans, no more special retirement plans, etc. I suspect if politicians were held to the same oppressive laws and rules, then laws would change really quick and for the better. JMO...
    ----- kj

Hey, this is supposed to be a discussion, and it will get back there, soon enough.

Someone earlier made a comment to "beggars", as in blaming welfare recipients and people on the dole for the problems. As if they are "beggars". They might be lazy. They might be intellectual. They may be geniuses getting over on a system that isn't fair to those who give the most, and many may think they are TOO GOOD to work any job, so they don't work at all. Whereas , I know veterans and refugees who beg to differ on HOW this is. I know veterans and refugees that beg to "get a chance" with any business. And those businesses just aren't looking for THOSE types of people.

I think a large portion of them ( students on the dole, hired actors, etc., ) were disrupting a rally in Chi Town just yesterday for "the" Donald.

As is the case here. Some just want to disrupt the discussion based off of a comment that "offended them" personally. Sorry about that.

That's Chi-Town for you. I can't pretend to know how the economy might look in ten years. To think I'm drug into the political and religious scenes out here is a testament to my passion for the truth, not to sway voters or convert souls. image

That's above my expertise.

I think you may be referring to me as the person who brought up beggars. Now in context I was not referring to those in need, but to those who feel entitled to what others have worked hard for. I know veterans who don't get the respect they deserve for their sacrifice and see refugees who want nothing more than to make an honest living in a great and free country. These people are not the problem.

I see people daily who feel that they are entitled to a $10,000 tax refund because they have 3 kids and a part time job working at minimum wage. These same people think that they deserve a huge pay increase $15 minimum wage and they can't be bothered to get my burger order correct. This is the mentality of "lazy" beggars that is ruining our country and Donald, Hilary nor Bernie will change that.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they have that first meeting and they tell the incoming President about the Space Brothers,

it turns his hair gray and after that, he just says and does what they tell him to say and do

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Originally posted by: Baley
    When they have that first meeting and they tell the incoming President about the Space Brothers,
    it turns his hair gray and after that, he just says and does what they tell him to say and do

Who are they Bailey? Them creatures they built area51 for?

Avid collector of GSA's.
    Putin is withdrawing troops from Syria. Now back to Crimea and the Ukraine, right ? Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong thread. I was thinking of the IKE, not the Donald.

"Beware the military industrial complex".