Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just Snatched the LAST Kennedy 4 - Coin Set off the US Mint website

Yessir, i just ordered the last one sold !

Shouldn't that be something historic? Where can I send the unopened box for my special certifications?

I have no interest in selling to " First Sold Guy". I want this one for MY collection .

And when my set (s) arrive .. they may very well see MORE returns

... stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. Mint

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many times this set has been returned to the mint?

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    I wonder how many times this set has been returned to the mint?

mark

That was funny image
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if PCGS would grade it in a special slab and make the notation for you? Instant rarity!

Good luck! :-)
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Mint in Philadelphia the other day and they still had some there.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Just checked the website. THEY NOW HAVE 6 SETS AVAILABLE !!????!!!????

Guess these are returns for sure!

Trying to nail the last Kennedy Silver set has got to be as frustrating as trying to
    score the low mintage First Spouse Gold. And we know how futile that one is.
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother?
    NOBODY will believe you (not even the TPGs which will special label ANYTHING)
    NOBODY cares!
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better jump on it quickly...now only 2 available..image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am constantly amazed at what interests collectors.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

So who was that "First Coin Sold" Guy ? Remember the Gold Kennedy fiasco at the Chicago ANA back in 2014?
    The first Coin sold got certified às such, and sold to someone for $100,000.

The guy soon was so embarrassed, his identity will never be revealed.
  • Options

TTT

The identity to " First Gold Kennedy Sold Guy" will be one of the great unknowns in Numishistory. Did he ever exist? Where is that Coin/Slab now? Did it hit the melting Pot yet

If it went on the block would it even go Melt+20% ?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly doubt it would command much of a premium... Certainly no where near what was paid for it. Whomever has that coin is - I believe - forever buried in it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could it be a Mohican?

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018 3:34PM

I bought ten of these silver sets & assembled just one perfect four piece set. Nine of ten sets went back. I bought ten clad sets and all ten got returned on same order. I liked the idea of 50 year retro design product concept in silver & clad. The Mint should not use absolutely perfect product images and then deliver anything less than MS or Proof 70's.

I did pick up a 1964-2014 First Strike PCGS 69 3/4 ounce 24k Gold that's most likely a Pr 70 for $175 under spot about a year after it sold out.

• Options
    edited June 2, 2018 10:19AM

"

I did pick up a 1964-2014 First Strike PCGS 69 3/4 ounce 24k Gold that's most likely a Pr 70 for $175 under spot about a year after it sold out. "

Now that's the way to buy what you want. AFTER, the hype and hoopla has diminished.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file