Home Precious Metals
Options

Buying a 2013 ASE does cost more

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Just an observation.

Needed one or two 13's to complete a series. Didn't realize I was missing that year.

Saw the price on some sites like govmint at $29.95, then the cheapest at ebay is $24.95 w shipping, or could bother to do bidding wars to save a buck.

So in looking up some older years, they ask more. I'll have to remember to utilize this when I sell some myself.

COA

Comments

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really could quite understand the sometimes huge premiums for past years. Sure they know that some people will want to fill holes, but double. Not me. I am always working on a Dansco of eagles for kicks, but have the patience to wait for the right buying opportunity.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bigjpst
    I never really could quite understand the sometimes huge premiums for past years. Sure they know that some people will want to fill holes, but double. Not me. I am always working on a Dansco of eagles for kicks, but have the patience to wait for the right buying opportunity.

Supply & demand has a lot to do with it.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local coin shop charges the same for all dates except the 96. I helped my son complete a dansco with every date a few years ago at the ANA show and he was charged the same for all dates except the 96. My advice is to go to a large coin show. You should have no problem getting a 2013 for spot plus $3-$4.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

My local coin shop charges the same for all dates except the 96. I helped my son complete a dansco with every date a few years ago at the ANA show and he was charged the same for all dates except the 96. My advice is to go to a large coin show. You should have no problem getting a 2013 for spot plus $3-$4.

I've noticed more and more dealers charging a premium for the 86 as well.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: tneig

Just an observation.

Needed one or two 13's to complete a series. Didn't realize I was missing that year.

Saw the price on some sites like govmint at $29.95, then the cheapest at ebay is $24.95 w shipping, or could bother to do bidding wars to save a buck.

So in looking up some older years, they ask more. I'll have to remember to utilize this when I sell some myself.

When you consider fees, shipping, aggravation, $24.95 delivered is not THAT outrageous for eBay. You don't really make much $$$ at it. You're also assuming that they got them for same price as current issue which may or may not be the case. More than likely they paid more. At least one big dealer has 2012, 2013, 2014 in MB quantities, but they are at least $2 per coin over their price for 2016s.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

Well if you're a dealer and can get suckers to sell 86s to you for the same price/s as current issue, then more power to you. Prolly the same fools who sell Morgans for face value.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know (did not see it on the mint site) when the 2016 ASE's will be available??

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    Does anyone know (did not see it on the mint site) when the 2016 ASE's will be available??

Cheers, RickO

Many of us here have already bought and received 2016 ASEs from the killer sale going on at GovMint .
    We already received them....see the separate posts about 2016 ASEs for $16.95 each!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ricko

Cheers, RickO

They've been available since about the last week in January.