Home Precious Metals
Options

Uh oh......

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭

Darn, I was just starting to have some irrational exuberance about the recent rise.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to poh, poh their forecasts. However, in the last several years, they've been more accurate, than most PM board members.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that certainly sounded exuberant! And here we were (some of us), all worried.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Scares me when organized crime gives advice.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gsa1fan

Having worked with some guys on their "trading desk" I'd say your description ain't that far off.

Is anyone watching Billions? A great look into the world of hedge funds

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    DBS is now bullish on gold....for what it is worth.
    From Bloomberg tonight.

"Gold is set to benefit from sinking expectations for higher U.S. interest rates and the potential for further market turmoil, according to DBS Group Holdings Ltd., the Singapore-based bank that turned overweight on bullion last year before the metal surged."

My take....nobody knows. It's all guessing or wishful thinking or whatever.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

Originally posted by: gsa1fan

Having worked with some guys on their "trading desk" I'd say your description ain't that far off.

Is anyone watching Billions? A great look into the world of hedge funds

mark

I started a thread on that, couple of us are watching. Good stuff.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict that gold will go up and down by random amounts at random intervals.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway
    I predict that gold will go up and down by random amounts at random intervals.

At last! A prediction I can believe!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here. Move along sheeple or I'm going sic my herding bulldog "Blankfein" on you!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a Krugerrand yesterday at 98% of spot. Does this news mean I should have paid 95% or 90% ?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin
    Picked up a Krugerrand yesterday at 98% of spot. Does this news mean I should have paid 95% or 90% ?

Was is CAC stickered? image If not, APMEX will give you spot, just in case you want to cash in your 2% profit
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just continue to hold... predictions come and go...once in a while, they are right... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    The Goldman Sack is telling you to short, so they can get you into a covering position in a few weeks and take the rest of your money. Pay attention to what they do, not what they say.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JCMhouston
    The Goldman Sack is telling you to short, so they can get you into a covering position in a few weeks and take the rest of your money. Pay attention to what they do, not what they say.

Exactly. Every time Sachs, Soros, or Buffet talk they're looking for a desired result from 401k Joe.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

Was is CAC stickered? image If not, APMEX will give you spot, just in case you want to cash in your 2% profit

I can do a little better locally with a couple fellows who do not mind me being in the biz.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Churn, churn, churn.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd feel better knowing where they put their money as opposed to where they unsolicitedly advise me to put mine.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short, long - they both work in the near term as metal goes up and down. The correct one at any given moment is the one that reflects current price direction. Long term? Only a fool would say go short.

About that Goldman recommendation. . .

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt