Home Precious Metals
Options

Is There A Value In Branding Your Own Silver Bullion?

Would anyone consider branding their own bullion bar design? Perhaps not only as an investment but also as a legacy for one's grand children?
All Markets Are Driven By Fear or Greed

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never....It's been tried several times before by forum members with always the same result...not cost effective.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    There are so many available, it would have to be 'Seriously Super Unique.'

As for the Grand Kids, if you have the capability, make some personal ones for them.

Come up with something really neat, hit some shows, who knows.

I have been thinking of pouring some items myself.

• Options
    Yea, I hear you OPA! The numbers don't add up, but I'm looking at what the possibility could result in.

• Options
    Originally posted by: PRECIOUSMENTAL

There are so many available, it would have to be 'Seriously Super Unique.'

As for the Grand Kids, if you have the capability, make some personal ones for them.

Come up with something really neat, hit some shows, who knows.

I have been thinking of pouring some items myself.

I'm thinking that creative design could play a major role too! It's a thought and I wanted to get some feedback from this group. Thanks for your input PreciousMental!

• Options
    Originally posted by: calbull
    Yea, I hear you OPA! The numbers don't add up, but I'm looking at what the possibility could result in.

May end up like thisimage Good luck

• Options
    I always wanted a set of Silver Dice. Never seen them for sale.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Yep. Just finished my setup and the last thing I'm waiting on is stamps. Here we go!
  • Options
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA

Never....It's been tried several times before by forum members with always the same result...not cost effective.

Agreed, need to look no further than the ones doing/done it. They've either failed miserably or ask WAY too much for what they're selling because they're buried in their little experiment.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    @OPA... Thanks for the chuckle, I do get it!

@Hyrant... Yes I agree, a lesson in physical investment strategy's as well as learning sales and marketing of products could be fun. Some valuable lessons will be learned anyway!

@piecesofme... I agree that the numbers don't add up and the risk of holding a lessor valued investment doesn't seem practical. But I actually have a plan for making it less risky that just might make it worthwhile.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Fixed Link

These are pretty cool! For $40 I dig it for a fun gift as well.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb

One forum member has done well

One forum member (this one) worked for the Mint, so that's probably not a realistic example. I could point out many between here and a few other sites that tried it and failed miserably and now have overpriced silver they can't give away w/o realizing brutal losses, but I wouldn't want to embarass them any more than they already are. They know who they are...and so do most of us.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I have $1100 invested so far. Not counting the shot. I have some free time aside from my normal job as I just closed a successful business that had all the odds against me. (Retail store only open 10 hours a week, no foot traffic, no heat and air in our extreme temperatures here and next to a highly visible port a potty company/holding area). It was my sons idea and I'll try everything I know to make it work. Or have some expensive Christmas presents to give out. lol Best of luck to you OP.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed Link

Very cool.............and copper too!

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the silver eagle nest and 1 oz flier bars from Walla walla a way to advertise their B&M in 1969-72? Those prob made them some cash then as well as collected locally and today are sought after and carry a premium.

If I had a store, I'd make my own brand and sell locally to loyal customers and tourists. As far as attacking the internet sales market, I'd try to make them look like a neat vintage poured bar from the 1850s.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admire anyone with the balls to craft silver into a new form. Here's a pair, complete with ball sack, to get you started

https://store.nwtmint.com/prod...ign=StoreAlsoBoughtAll

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I still like the silver army men the best. Buy the grand children something they can handle play have fun with.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck..you may come up with something that will capture the imagination of many

collectors.... hope you are successful...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many would you need in order to pique the Sunshine Mint's [or other private mint's] interest in doing it for you?