Home Precious Metals

You ever get impatient waiting for your shipment of PMs?

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
Only to realize your seller was in the middle of the horrible east coast snow storm. LOL image

I hope other his other eBay customers don't slam him on stars. Sometimes patience is needed in events out of the seller's control. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I checked my shipping status UPS had a message that my package will be late delivering my ebay 10 oz bars due to "severe weather". Not a big deal since I pretty much know what to expect.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The supplier cashed my check long before the snow job.

HE>I

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail hasn't been delivered since Friday. Although my PO was open for walk in business today, it did not deliver any mail. The snow emergency roads are plowed, but most of the residential areas are not. It might be Wednesday before regular mail service resumes. Compliments of the East Coast blizzard of 2016. 25"+ of snow is a b-tch to clear. I advised all of my buyers to expect postal delays, however, I'm not sure if ebay will take that into account when the item is not scanned on the shipping date.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No delays here...100 miles north of NYC and not one flake of snow.... all packages on

time so far....none coming from snow bound areas... Cheers, RickO
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm always buying something, whether PM's, Numi's, motorcycle and guitar parts.

I usually follow tracking numbers, however, I have received a few things that I 'almost' forgot purchasing.

Makes it like Christmas Day.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd only get nervous if I needed to get stuff sold before spot price went south OR if I ship something and it's not insured.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN
    I'd only get nervous if I needed to get stuff sold before spot price went south OR if I ship something and it's not insured.

no insurance, i get nervous about that one as well. just saying
    Originally posted by: johnny9434

Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

no insurance, i get nervous about that one as well. just saying

Bullion is not USPS insurable unless you use registered mail. Even private insurance like that from www.shipandinsure.com is not cost effective for a casual shipper.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Trying to maintain patience. Been 7 days and still not even printed a shipping label. Of course not all sellers print shipping labels, but this person is high volume and I can't see high volume sellers hand-writing on envelopes. Not sure, but I'll inquire if no sign of anything by Saturday.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

Originally posted by: BBN

Trying to maintain patience. Been 7 days and still not even printed a shipping label. Of course not all sellers print shipping labels, but this person is high volume and I can't see high volume sellers hand-writing on envelopes. Not sure, but I'll inquire if no sign of anything by Saturday.

Maybe they don't have it on hand to ship. They might be waiting for more from the RCM.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Oh, this isn't the RCMs. It's a different seller in southeastern Penn. I'll fire them a message on Saturday. Considering they were in the middle of that mess there's no telling what they're dealing with.