Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just spent 10 minutes answering a PM to Elcontrador and got error message 113

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
PCGS needs address this issue.
Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    I've started copying my PM's before hitting the send button to avoid having to retype lengthy messages due to this very error. >:-(

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    I don't know how to do that on an iPad. I quite write the message in Word and then use cut and paste. Then if it blows up I still have the message.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BillJones
    I don't know how to do that on an iPad. I quite write the message in Word and then use cut and paste. Then if it blows up I still have the message.

That works, but it's ridiculous we have to do these sort of tricks.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, let's ask nicely ......??
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    That's what I am down to. I write almost every message in a desk or lap. Posting pictures in the right place involves a lot of work. It didn't used to be that hard. It has always been easier ATS.

One solution is to write the message ATS, copy it, paste it here, and add the paragraph markings. If you revise a message, you lose paragraph markings and have to put them in again. All of this should not be necessary. New software should move us forward, backward.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been an issue, off an on for many, for awhile. Shouldn't be a surprise.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭
    If you're using Firefox, install a plugin named Lazarus. It will recover anything you recently typed.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why some folks have such problems and others, none. E.g., I have never had the slightest problem forming paragraphs (without special characters), adding photos, having posts record, editing them, sending or receiving PM's, etc. But I do believe a lot of members have legitimate issues.

I also don't understand why PCGS isn't ranting to the company whose product they bought. If they are trying to do something about this mess they should be telling their end-users about the efforts.

At the very least PCGS should collect data from forum members concerning their platforms (device, OS, browser and version, problems being encountered, etc.) and compile it. Look for trends. Share it with the forum software company.

I get the sense that PCGS doesn't want to spend any more time or money on this forum. Very disappointing.

Lance.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage and, furthermore image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

Bill,

Hold down your finger on one word. The popup will come up and you need to click select all, then copy. hope this helps!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Originally posted by: ColonelJessup
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage and, furthermore image

I'm with you Bro.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OperationButter

Bill,
    Hold down your finger on one word. The popup will come up and you need to click select all, then copy. hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion, but my computer maintenance guy has blocked pop-ups. I have had a couple of nasty viruses one of which sent my desktop to the computer hospital.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually have the problem, but I put together a large post a few days back and got the stupid error. It took an extra 5 or 10 minutes to type it all out again. This is on a PC running Windows 7, with Firefox. I've gotten it on Chrome before too.

The software is still pretty buggy, especially for an industry-leading company.
  • Options
    I get the sense that PCGS doesn't want to spend any more time or money on this forum. Very disappointing.

Me too. image

Of course this would be a good question for the Q & A forum.

• Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

I also don't understand why PCGS isn't ranting to the company whose product they bought. If they are trying to do something about this mess they should be telling their end-users about the efforts.

Lance.

^ This

I collect history in the form of coins.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Lance said. Disappointing
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100%. On the other hand, I spent 15 good minutes rebutting an idiotic post and the system "saved" me by torpedoing my message when I posted it. In retrospect, it's better not having given a troll the attention he seeks.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    I can post from a Windows PC running Vista 7 and IE 9, my iPhone 5, and a Gigaset tablet running some Android version and don't have any of the problems mentioned.

I was having an issue with a security certificate yesterday afternoon (on this site and others as well) but that is not the case this morning.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny to see people texting on their phones everywhere I go when , in reality, it's a image phone. Call and talk.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BryceM

I don't usually have the problem, but I put together a large post a few days back and got the stupid error. It took an extra 5 or 10 minutes to type it all out again. This is on a PC running Windows 7, with Firefox. I've gotten it on Chrome before too.

The software is still pretty buggy, especially for an industry-leading company.

I've got this same setup. And the 113 bug hit me last week for the first time in a while. It surprised me and I had to retype the post since I have not been in the mind-set of saving posts for months now. It took me about 6 tries over 15 minutes to finally get that post to "fly." I think it was seeing some "bad words" in the text that I wasn't ("A$$" in a longer word?). I tried multiple things to weed out anything provocative....even building the post a few sentences at a time to see what didn't fly. But after finally posting a multi-paragraph post with "modifications," I went back and took them all out. It was the same post I attempted the first time w/o edits. And it was happy with it...despite the "a$$." Strange days indeed.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

Originally posted by: OperationButter

Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, but my computer maintenance guy has blocked pop-ups. I have had a couple of nasty viruses one of which sent my desktop to the computer hospital.

On an ipad, when OperationButter said to hold your finger to get a pop-up, that is not a 'pop up ad' kind of thing. It is for editing. Press a word, it will ask you to select, grab it all and copy and then you can paste it back if it errors out. A band-aid on a bullet hole for this software. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you Bill.

Edit: My original response 113'd out. There was a &lt P &gt used in a response above and it puked on it. AND my response 113'd because of gt lt signs and I had to html code it.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to see a different error message number. I am bored with 113....where are the other 112???

(from a guy living in MA, but unable to get Guam out of my profile and with all posts listed in European time zone...makes perfect sense to me...113!!)
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, folks insert paragraph tags which when posting to the forum can be acceptable but are never acceptable in a reply.

Did the PM you were replying to have any "tags"? sometimes they get lost in the clutter of the reply box and are not always readily visible until you get that error code.

I know that I've fussed with it on some of my replies and yes, it's very frustrating.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 113 error when APE was in the Photobucket link!!!!!

Had to change it to A_P_E
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing "113" in the lottery all next week. image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried quoting from a thread in my reply and got the dreaded 113 response. I finally had to restart my computer (didn't help) and then just type in the same information without the original thread quoted. That worked.

113 strikes again. Why couldn't it be 123 which would be a Fibonacci sequence? I will give some credit to 113 being a prime though it's not a particular favorite of mine.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BigA

(from a guy living in MA, but unable to get Guam out of my profile and with all posts listed in European time zone...makes perfect sense to me...113!!)

I finally fixed this. Initially I couldn't edit the time zone fields because I had some forbidden html code in my signature. It was easy to clean that up and then enter a "time zone adjustment" of -8. Voila!

Lance.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

Originally posted by: BigA

I finally fixed this. Initially I couldn't edit the time zone fields because I had some forbidden html code in my signature. It was easy to clean that up and then enter a "time zone adjustment" of -8. Voila!

Lance.

zis
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BillJones---I've had the same problem. When I make a post more than a few lines long now I cross my fingers and hold my breath when I hit the reply button. I now tend to keep my posts as brief as possible since there's a chance that I might lose it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill - for what it's worth, I still can't put in paragraph breaks in posts. When I do a PM, before sending, I highlight everything and hit copy, in case I get an error message or the text doesn't post. Sometimes it works on the second try. It's frustrating.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you PM the moderator and ask him to switch your profile to WYSIWIG on their end? By and large this would eliminate most problems, but then again if you post images from a secure server (so they start with https instead of http), moving to WYSIWIG would break this functionality for you so you wouldn't be able to post images with WYSIWIG that came from https servers...
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent several minutes composing a reply to a post and BAM! Error Code 113 and it's gone with the wind.

This did not start happening to me until about 1 month ago and now it's a regular thing.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    The 113 error happens when you try to include HTML in the message.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I'll check with this post.

Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

The 113 error happens when you try to include HTML in the message.

Let's try a "quote" and see what happens.

Edit: There was nothing different in a post I wrote earlier today and it gave me error code 113. Oh well!

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill Jones: I have had a couple of nasty viruses one of which sent my desktop to the computer hospital.

Check out "Spyhunter 4" anti-spyware AND anti-malware from Enigma Software.Works like a charm for me.Highly recommend @ $40/6mo. I'm running Windows 7 and don't ever want my computer to be without the Spyhunter.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mr1874
    Bill Jones: I have had a couple of nasty viruses one of which sent my desktop to the computer hospital.

Check out "Spyhunter 4" anti-spyware AND anti-malware from Enigma Software.Works like a charm for me.Highly recommend @ $40/6mo. I'm running Windows 7 and don't ever want my computer to be without the Spyhunter.

Just get Trend Micro Internet Security. It's half the price you stated (or less) and is amazing. I have never gotten a virus, adware, malware, etc. in 11 years of owning a computer (I'm only 22). As someone who is seriously into tech, I have found nothing better.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps any post with some thought or substance gets filtered out (error message).
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped trying to post photos for the same reason.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: VanHalen

I just spent several minutes composing a reply to a post and BAM! Error Code 113 and it's gone with the wind.

This did not start happening to me until about 1 month ago and now it's a regular thing.

I've gotten it a few times. Hitting the browser's back button always got me all my text back.

I tried posting the most recent message a few more times and always got the 113. Finally I changed two angle brackets ("greater than" signs) to forward slashes and the post went through fine.

Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file