Home Precious Metals
Options

GS, new 2016 mother thread pls.

The mania is going to be pegging the red line this year. We need a fresh start so we can benefit from each others observations and prognostications. Happy New Year.

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mhammerman

The mania is going to be pegging the red line this year. We need a fresh start so we can benefit from each others observations and prognostications. Happy New Year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what the above statement means image

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I think he is referring that goldsaint start a new mother thread for 2016 so that we can post off topic stuff and not get in trouble.

Of course, it could be that he is just wanting mother goose's socks in 2016.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Well, some clarification may be appropriate. GS is Goldsaint, the originator of the original GOLD AND SILVER, ECONOMIC NEWS, COINS thread of many years ago. The thread typically gets updated because it gets thousands of posts a year and becomes very slow to load so a new thread has to be started at the end of the year. The use of the word pegging refers to the little peg on your speedometer where the needle hits the end of the dial...and red lining is when you are exceeding the intended operational range of the equipment. Sorry for the cryptic description in the OP.

I don't know about off topic posts to the thread but some controversial observations are often discussed during the course of conversations. For example, the housing bubble/bust was discussed in the thread well before the housing market turned belly up. This PM thread was a direct spin-off of the GSENC thread.

With the equities in a decaying orbit, a pending change in the leadership in the US, O&G diving for the basement and other newsy things that will directly affect the price of precious metals, it seemed a good time to refresh the thread but on second thought, it's much better to discuss other important topics...just let it pass and DYODD.

Edited for clarification.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anybody scared? If so, by what? Of course I'm referring to things economic and financial.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold will rise in 2016.... not a great deal, and be more stable. There, I did it...

made another prediction that will likely have me redfaced by mid year. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    Gold will rise in 2016.... not a great deal, and be more stable. There, I did it...
    made another prediction that will likely have me redfaced by mid year. image Cheers, RickO

Ricko, don't belittle your crystal ball, there is a 50% chance that your predictions may "hold water."image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Here here