Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Must-See Display At FUN

Going to the 2016 FUN convention? You'll see a cool display at the PCGS booth as PCGS kicks off its 30th anniversary year:

PCGS Displays Historic Sample "Slabs"

-donn-
"If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool. I'll try to stop by to check it out. Is Dr. Larson a member on the forums?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakesammman
    Ahhhhh, makes sense! image
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun working with BJ and Oreville on this. We pitched the idea to them 2-3 years ago in anticipation of their 30th Anniversary year.

Oreville could have just as easily provided the bulk of the samples but was busy doing taxes for clients when the deadline for PCGS came and went. At the ANA, he got them to commit to the display starting at the FUN show.

While we look at the labels differently, it was enlightening to see that PCGS recognizes only 5 generations. Makes sense if you look only at the holder and not the labels.

Hope to see you there. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, wish I could go to the FUN show... would be worth the trip just to get one of those special brochures w/ the sample!! image

Looking forward to seeing some pics of this display.

And maybe if it's popular enough maybe it could also be displayed at either Long Beach or the Anaheim ANA show???
    BTW, the display could have been much larger but because of size constraints, we couldn't do date runs or different states within generations, etc.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, will Lakesamman and Oreville be exposing their secret stash of Regency holders in this exhibit ? image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool opportunity
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still easy and inexpensive to put together at least 75% of the PCGS samples that will be on display next year. Such 75% of such slabs probably represents close to 95% of the various generations.

It is a fun way to collect plastic!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could go.

Frank

BHNC #203

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of these years (I have promised myself) I will go to FUN.... Cheers, RickO
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't miss it.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    One of these years (I have promised myself) I will go to FUN.... Cheers, RickO

Go this January! Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do now.image

• ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. And in honor I'll bring some sample slabs down to Houston this week
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look forward to seeing that Lakesammman... image
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I won't make it but hope y'all have fun.
    ttt - I haven't seen the display yet but according to BJ, it will be great FUN! Hope to see you there. image
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TextWow, wish I could go to the FUN show... would be worth the trip just to get one of those special brochures w/ the sample

Hey, I agree with you! I can't make it to the FUN show either!! It is partially my display and hopefully PCGS will show this display througout 2015 so I can see it at the summer Baltimore show!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
    Don't know what the plans are after FUN. Will let PCGS decide. image
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file