Options

1794 Large Cent - Chance at 62?

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
copy and paste the image .
Were not aloud to link to ebay ..

Comments

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just as likely go AU58+ on another go.
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TigersFan2
    Here's the Link

Thank you very much ....

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say - are those really planchet flaws, as the lot description suggests? They look more like PMD to me, which would limit the shot at 62.
    AU58 to MS61 seems to be a pretty fair commercial grade range, with fantastic color and skin for an early cent.
    The EAC grades given are just plain nuts, and the price realized affirms that.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very attractive

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of what the description says, those marks look like post mint damage to me. If they are the coin should not have been graded. This one is graded MS-62. My grade for it is AU-58, yes this one is in my collection.

imageimage

This 1975 cent is a true Unc. and is graded MS-62 also.

imageimage
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is going on with the reverse under STATES ?

Shouldn't this be noted ?

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes those look like significant scratches under STATES. With the digs on the face, the left obv field, and maybe the lower right field too, I am surprised it graded at all.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still I wouldn't have an issue if I found it in my stocking from Santa.

As far as MS61, MS62, or AU58.... On copper many times true Unc doesn't start until MS63.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin for a place holder, but should have been 'Genuine' due to PMD. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Broadstruck

As far as MS61, MS62, or AU58.... On copper many times true Unc doesn't start until MS63.

Unless you had to pay Unc. money for it. image

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I think that those easily identifiable marks make the coin what it is - unique. If it was graded 64, it still would not improve the coin (only the slab). I say leave it alone, it is what it is.
    Paul
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coppers there! image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree looks like post mint issues on surface and I think 61 is all she going to garner

jim
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jdimmick
    I agree looks like post mint issues on surface and I think 61 is all she going to garner

jim

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Good luck with MS grade. Still pretty.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BillJones

Originally posted by: Broadstruck

Unless you had to pay Unc. money for it. image

So True image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file