Home Precious Metals
Options

POM is back!!!

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
POM sent me an e-mail letting me know that he has been banned. He thinks it was because of some critical postings concerning the software upgrades that he recently made. He asked me to let you guys know and to be careful what you say here. Hopefully he can get reinstated after a time off.

Edited to add that it was all a false alarm and POM was never banned. As best as we can determine, POM was having a problem with the new software not letting him log in. So, all's well.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... a good reminder to keep things civil. Personally, I think the switch-over went

very well.... there are always glitches when these system changes are made. I went

through several changeovers in business and all had minor issues... one had major

issues. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, hopefully just a little timeout.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    He sent me the same message as in the OP. Hope he will get to come back.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with: dlimb2
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully just a time out.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    What happened? I thought they were looking for feedback. How do you turn software feedback into something so bad as to get you banned? In softer, safer words can you give me a gist of what happened (or PM)? Thanks..id hate to make the same mistake, trying to watch my wording
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all that for speaking your mind image
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    some advice...not here the majority of my time but over in cardboard land a couple "great" guys got banned (i didn't know them)...so everyone wrote in, got in touch with mod. etc and got them reinstated ....so there is hope....think they did a probationary month or something.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: johnny9434

Don't mess with 'The CU's New Clothes.'
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish him much luck.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: renman95
    Originally posted by: johnny9434

Don't mess with 'The CU's New Clothes.'

• Options
    Originally posted by: DrBuster

Yep. I hope he's allowed back in.

How does that happen?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: seebelow
    What happened? I thought they were looking for feedback. How do you turn software feedback into something so bad as to get you banned? In softer, safer words can you give me a gist of what happened (or PM)? Thanks..id hate to make the same mistake, trying to watch my wording

I was a little curious of that too. I'm not providing feedback because I might get banned.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FullCameo

How does that happen?

PM Don or one of the mods.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    My my, hey hey
    Rock and roll is here to stay
    It's better to burn out
    Than to fade away
    My my, hey hey.

Out of the blue
    and into the black
    They give you this,
    but you pay for that
    And once you're gone,
    you can never come back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

POM is gone
    but he's not forgotten
    This is the story
    of a Johnny Rotten
    It's better to burn out
    than it is to rust
    POM is gone
    but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my
    Rock and roll can never die
    There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye.
    Hey hey, my my.
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Hello Tuco!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

How does that happen?

Thanks BAJJERFAN.

Not for my sake, lol!

Kinda of a rhetorical question. I don't care how they do it, just wondering who does it and when.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've e-mailed back and forth with Rich as well. His knowledge of Engelhards is without question and the PM Forum will not be as fun without him. image
  • Options

Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

How does that happen?

Thanks BAJJERFAN.

Not for my sake, lol!

Kinda of a rhetorical question. I don't care how they do it, just wondering who does it and when.

One or more folks appeal on someone's behalf.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see what was posted or what could have caused it, but he always did like to push things with his "tone". Couple that with (most likely) plenty of previous warnings on other things, and it probably all added up.

I have seen a lot of "feedback", even negative, be handled well. I have also seen people just spout out about things. If one has a good rep, they can probably get away with it. If one has the opposite of a good rep...well, they should word things in a way they would to their mother or pastor.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman
    I didn't see what was posted or what could have caused it, but he always did like to push things with his "tone". Couple that with (most likely) plenty of previous warnings on other things, and it probably all added up.

I have seen a lot of "feedback", even negative, be handled well. I have also seen people just spout out about things. If one has a good rep, they can probably get away with it. If one has the opposite of a good rep...well, they should word things in a way they would to their mother or pastor.

I never thought of it that way. If they are passionate. How does one know they are spouting out on coins? I'm not sure.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    I was really busy these past few days but ...Yes he(POM) did say to warn you guys to Becareful what you say and what you do as this forum is owned by PCGS and we are just guests in here...
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Too many forget they are guests and behave as if it is their cellar.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Well...apparently I'm now allowed to log in!

Staring on 10/19, 2 days after the change, I was unable to log on. I could not log in and every time I clicked on reply to a thread it was making me go thru the steps to join, as if I was new to the site. I couldn't contact Don via email because the new design of the site does not provide his email as it use to.

At that point I reached out to some members that I have their email addy's and told them I assumed I was banned but did not have a clue why, other than it may be some comments made about the new site design, none of which were harsh imo, and having seen other comments that were far more critical than any of mine, I was puzzled.

About mid-week last week I decided to fill out all the info to re-join, but that requires an approval. I still have not received an approval email for that, and I guess I shouldn't expect one now.

So on Sunday the 25th, I tried logging in as I had tried most days last week and wah-la, I was able to. Before starting to post, I decided to send Don a message asking him if he knew what happened...if I was banned and why so I don't repeat the mistake OR if it was just a glitch in the system? He has not replied so I suspect he is busy with other things LOL.

Being I am now able to log in, I'm guessing it was a glitch, or possibly I was given a brief "timeout" as someone suspected in this thread. Who knows, I have not received a message from any Mod indicating I was, so I'm leaning that it was site glitch.

Anyway, very happy to be back and thank you very much for the kind words some of you said. I'll try to continue to live up to the rep lol.

Also, all of you have a week head start figuring out all the new things on here, so please bare with me if I ask some questions.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think you were banned.

"WOOF-WOOF!"

(Love the avatar)
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Yea, I guess ya gotta hang tough.

New version showed my handle and pass word but I couldn't post. Kept getting error message when trying to post. Finally accepted everything and all is fine. ( yea right)

So carry one everyone.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All's well that ends well. Welcome back.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    It could well have been a temporary glitch, there have been a few glitches here and there. Or you might have had some cached login information that needed to be cleared out, or something like that.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, POM!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the sites have all changed since you hung around,

But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd ban ya (Who'd have thought they'd ban ya)

Back here where we seen ya (Here where we seen ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot,

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Ah the Kotter song....

Welcome back POM.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, it's good to be back from the void.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: piecesofme

Well...apparently I'm now allowed to log in!

Staring on 10/19, 2 days after the change, I was unable to log on. I could not log in and every time I clicked on reply to a thread it was making me go thru the steps to join, as if I was new to the site. I couldn't contact Don via email because the new design of the site does not provide his email as it use to.

At that point I reached out to some members that I have their email addy's and told them I assumed I was banned but did not have a clue why, other than it may be some comments made about the new site design, none of which were harsh imo, and having seen other comments that were far more critical than any of mine, I was puzzled.

About mid-week last week I decided to fill out all the info to re-join, but that requires an approval. I still have not received an approval email for that, and I guess I shouldn't expect one now.

So on Sunday the 25th, I tried logging in as I had tried most days last week and wah-la, I was able to. Before starting to post, I decided to send Don a message asking him if he knew what happened...if I was banned and why so I don't repeat the mistake OR if it was just a glitch in the system? He has not replied so I suspect he is busy with other things LOL.

Being I am now able to log in, I'm guessing it was a glitch, or possibly I was given a brief "timeout" as someone suspected in this thread. Who knows, I have not received a message from any Mod indicating I was, so I'm leaning that it was site glitch.

Anyway, very happy to be back and thank you very much for the kind words some of you said. I'll try to continue to live up to the rep lol.

Also, all of you have a week head start figuring out all the new things on here, so please bare with me if I ask some questions.

I mite bear with you but aint nofa king way I'll bare with you!
  • Options
    For the record, Don sais I was not banned and he is unsure what happened.

Like PH said, all's well that ends well. image
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back home.!!! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back comrade pom!