Another type of counterfeit silver bars...take notice

Don't know where from.......front has a copy of the 1885 trade dollar and
The reverse shows the back of a trade dollar. "world Treasures Mint" is
The seller, says "1 Troy oz. .999 Silver" on front....back shows
Date of 2012.....and if you read the fine print on the reverse it
Reads "IN CLAD WE TRUST".

Comes in a hard plastic case.

BEWARE

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. These reports of counterfeit sightings are quite useful.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "In Clad We Trust" should tip you off.

Many out there in a wide variety of forms.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 4...Those misleading bars have been around for years, along with the so called German Silver Bars. Not considered counterfeit.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plastic case=stay away.

"In clad we trust" ... STAY AWAY.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep....close examination of any PM, in any form, is necessary... Cheers, RickO
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: OPA 10 4...Those misleading bars have been around for years, along with the so called German Silver Bars. Not considered counterfeit.

It's only counterfeit if it is presented for sale as an authentic silver bar.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

10 4.....If listed in the Exonumia category with full desclosures...not an issue, but if listed in the bullion category, consider it attempted fraud.

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    There are some fake 1 oz gold Perth mint bars (in also fake assay cards) going around here lately. I haven't seen one in person, but I've heard multiple reports. Scary stuff. It's one of the reasons why I prefer naked (easier to measure/weigh), pure gold (much harder to fake the density) coins (much harder to counterfeit than a bar) vs bars.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I thought the same about coins but,..wow..It makes it difficult to trust anyone that you haven't personally met.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I have no where near the experience in PMs as you guys so I pretty much just buy from JMB. Coins. Anything wrong or to beware of from them?

thanks
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-( !!!
    Timbuk3
    Originally posted by: seebelow
    I have no where near the experience in PMs as you guys so I pretty much just buy from JMB. Coins. Anything wrong or to beware of from them?
    thanks

To broaden your horizon, you can add, Provident, APMEX, SDbullion, Silvertowne as being safe and reliable for your PM purchases.