Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do we still like the 2014 Coin & Chronicles Set – Franklin D. Roosevelt sets? They are for sale

The mint has them offered for sale now

Limited

Comments

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Pass......
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Roosevelt set. Not because of the Roosy dollar, it's just a plain PROOF, but it has both a bronze and silver medal that are really well made.

I'd recommend that anyone that collects these set get at least one.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    They never stopped selling them from what I have seen. Every time I am on the site, they have them for sale.
  • Options
    I got one earlier this month from the Mint.
    The smaller antiqued bronze medal is very attractive.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two of them already. Unless these start getting recognized for that .999 Fine Silver Medal (which is AWESOME!) that's in the set, these will end up as a loser for m.

I wish............I had the foresight to purchase the 2013 Roosevelt Set since all together, they'll make great Library Reference Sets for the Bookshelf!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The mint has them offered for sale now

Limited >>

They were never not for sale. As a matter of fact, sales have picked up since this year's sets have been released.

Technically, they should have come off-sale early this month, like they did for the TR set. I don't think they'll reach the 20K limit, though.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The mint has them offered for sale now

Limited >>

They never went dark and have been available since 12/2014....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What good are they if they are not First Strikers???
    This I ask of Youzzz!!
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like them the 1st time around
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one. It's a nice set, but there is no incentive for flippers. Therefore you might find it for less in the secondary market.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file