Home Precious Metals

new paypal checkout sux

derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the past when paying for an ebay item using paypal I was always able to click on "change" for payment method and choose my credit card registered with the paypal account (as long as there is no balance in the paypal account). New checkout process with a whole new screen does not offer this option. It does allow you to choose "pay by credit card" but requires you to re-enter all your credit card info. Did just that and it would not let me pay with CC (CC good, just used it at the gas pump 20 minutes prior to the ebay purchase). Had to pay with paypal which involved paying from my bank savings account registered with paypal. Then had to go to banking website and transfer enough from checking to cover the ebay purchase.

All this for a lousy 8% ebay bucks rebate. I did however, get the AGE below spot.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this isn't a new SOP.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, to top it off, lost the 1% CC rebate. image

If it is a new paypal SOP, it should reduce the risk of CC chargebacks I constantly face as a seller. image

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an extra screen to go through and had to re-enter my password but alas I had a balance to pay for the purchase. If you can't use a CC (as I think you are implying) then they will lose a lot of sales. Am I tired and missing something here?

<< <i>I had an extra screen to go through and had to re-enter my password but alas I had a balance to pay for the purchase. If you can't use a CC (as I think you are implying) then they will lose a lot of sales. Am I tired and missing something here? >>

Whole new checkout screen. I just made a purchase from a different ebay account and got the old checkout screen and was able to select "change" for payment method once in the same paypal account and made the payment using the same CC. I suspect they're rolling out the new screen/method and the first ebay account went to it when I went to checkout.

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Yet another reason to deal in cash as much as you can, as I've stated many times. I don't buy anything unless I have the cash anyway. Buying metals with a CC is certain death, because most don't have the financial strength to pay off when the bill arrives.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

<< <i> Buying metals with a CC is certain death, most don't have the financial strength to pay off when the bill arrives. >>

It is no problem for the disciplined, financially responsible individual. Those with such responsibility are able to enjoy additional cash rebates and provide themselves with an additional avenue of recovery should a purchase turn sour.

Now, back to the discussion about the payapl payment process. . .

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's better to leave stuff alone
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem checking out today using a combination of ebay bucks, ebay g.c. and the balance paid via cc. Yes, I had to change the payment options available to c.c. w/o any issues. Derryb, perhaps it was a one day glitch when you had your issues.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, good luck with all that

There are drawbacks to being a regular shmuck with a single ebay and paypal account, not workin' any angles or gamin' any systems, never getting one over on anyone

I guess the silver lining is: missing out on a certain amount of aggravation, too

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, good luck with all that

There are benefits to being a regular shmuck with a single ebay and paypal account, not workin' any angles or gamin' any systems, never getting one over on anyone

I guess the silver lining is: missing out on a certain amount of aggravation, too >>

Fixed it for me image

<< <i>I had no problem checking out today using a combination of ebay bucks, ebay g.c. and the balance paid via cc. Yes, I had to change the payment options available to c.c. w/o any issues. Derryb, perhaps it was a one day glitch when you had your issues. >>

Musta been a glitch. Only happened once and only with my buyer account.

Is anyone having any issues transferring money to the account associated with their PP account? The "transfer" button isn't working for me on 3 devices.

<< <i>Is anyone having any issues transferring money to the account associated with their PP account? The "transfer" button isn't working for me on 3 devices. >>

No problem here.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone having any issues transferring money to the account associated with their PP account? The "transfer" button isn't working for me on 3 devices. >>

DINT ya hear? PP is putting a 90 day hold on gift funds of more than $75.image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

DINT ya hear? PP is putting a 90 day hold on gift funds of more than $75.image >>

No problem here...but I thought the hold was for $25 or moreimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    they weren't gifted funds, they are from the sale of items via eBay.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no problem at all... checked out using registered CC.... Cheers, RickO
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Did you click on wallet?
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had no problem at all... checked out using registered CC.... Cheers, RickO >>

the bums told me saterday am my c.c. was n.f.g. im still pissed over that. was on the phone 1/2 an our with my c.c. just to find out its all ok.
    Regarding the issues I asked about earlier today and was mocked over, it is a known issue for them, they're working on it and if you call them they can give you a workaround so the funds can be transferred. Have a nice day
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Regarding the issues I asked about earlier today and was mocked over, it is a known issue for them, they're working on it and if you call them they can give you a workaround so the funds can be transferred. Have a nice day >>

Lighten up a little, eh?image
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>s anyone having any issues transferring money to the account associated with their PP account? The "transfer" button isn't working for me on 3 devices. >>

That issue has been around for months, some days it works and other days it will not transfer your funds out of the account.
    When it won't work just change the link after you're logged in and ready to transfer so it's paypal.com/wdfunds and it will get you to the old screen that always works.
    Ed