Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Secure™ Submission and TrueView Image

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
As we now have been told by the PCGS CSD, if one submits their coins through PCGS Secure™ Submission, they will receive a TrueView image included with said submission.

Well, I submitted three Trade $1's in early August and received my grades, as well as my so called TrueView images.

The reason I'm using the phrase 'so called' is because there are two things missing with the TrueView image.

1. There is no frame or TrueView format with the coin's image.
2. There is no certification number below the coin, it's just on the certification page.

This is not acceptable.

I spoke with a PCGS CSR late Friday, and she said maybe because I filled out the online form I get no frame.

However, after I stated my case, she agreed that it was a strange situation and would look into it.

Note: If you fill out the online form and chose PCGS Secure™, there is no TrueView check box.

Has anyone else run into this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Exhibit A

PCGS Coin Link

PCGS Secure

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine are the same but the image quality is identical to any other trueview. I really don't have any problem with mine. Same quality to me.
  • Options

<< <i>Mine are the same but the image quality is identical to any other trueview. I really don't have any problem with mine. Same quality to me. >>

That's not my point.

There is no certification ID or TrueView format with this type of submission.

I want this......................

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    If you want the border and cert number on the photos, pay the $10 for the TrueView. It is literally the same image, and can be found when you type in the cert number into the verification page. But of course, whine about something they are doing for free.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>If you want the border and cert number on the photos, pay the $10 for the TrueView. It is literally the same image, and can be found when you type in the cert number into the verification page. But of course, whine about something they are doing for free.

-Paul >>

Aren't you a big help. If there is no explanation anywhere, that you do not get a frame or a certificate #, what else should I expect?
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    When this was brought up in the past, I believe Phil mentioned you could email to have it reformatted if desired. To be totally honest though, I prefer the all white format. Focus on the coin, not the plastic. I do tend to agree with CC though, if you want the extra fluff of a truview, select it. If you want a High Quality picture, the secure plus is now a tremendous value.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between the CoinFacts photo and TrueView photo becomes more apparent when adding photos to your Registry and Digital Album. TrueView photos are automatically added to your Registry, CoinFacts photos aren't. TrueView photos are automatically sized in your Digital Album, CoinFacts photos have to be imported and sized manually. If you have a large Registry this is quite time consuming.

I just had a 26 coin submission finalized yesterday. It was an online Secure submission. I emailed Phil before the photos were posted and requested them set to the TrueView template. When I was emailed the links later that evening all were in TrueView form.

That may be what we have to do each and every time.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have four going through the Variety Attribution gauntlet right now under the Secure Plus tier...no images yet, three of four attributed...so far.

I normally only download the "white background" when I go to the TrueView images webpage;

TrueView Imaging

I will advise when the imaging takes place.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file