Home Precious Metals
Options

Let's say silver hits $5 (not far to fall now) what are your buying plans?

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
Heavy? Same? Not at all?

I think I might hit the monster box levels.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    likely would mean gold is in the dumper too. I'd opt for that. Easier to store.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Heavy? Same? Not at all?

I think I might hit the monster box levels. >>

No way Jose, you will be paying 9 bucks per ASE .

I'll be backing up the one truck filling it with War nickles. image

The other truck will be filled with canadian 80% silver dollars

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think gold would be the best deal.... however, a limited amount of silver, at the right opportunity - price, would probably be purchased. It will go up again... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads are becoming more and more like those in 2011, only opposite. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, zero, zilch. When I sell what I have I'm done.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>None, zero, zilch. When I sell what I have I'm done. >>

To old to start all over again...Time for another round of "suckers," oops, I mean PM bulls, to get a taste of the excitement. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads are becoming more and more like those in 2011, only opposite.image

Yep, and in the not-so-distant future, probably not longer than another 4 years, all we're gonna hear is "should'a, would'a, could'a" ad infinitum.....................image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    If silver really drops to $5 I'm gonna build a small house out of 100 ounce bars.
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will Load up. Again!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Probably rolls of pre 1921 Morgans of Fine or better, but more gold than anything.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    If you think silver is going to $5, you should be selling everything right now. Just sayin'.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I'd pinch myself, because I'd be dreaming.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Id love $5 silver, if i could actually buy it for close to spot. I think if we saw $5 silver, the premiums would push it up 60-80% over spot.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you think silver is going to $5, you should be selling everything right now. Just sayin'. >>

Exactly. We had those same discussions with member Deadhorse around here in 2004-2006 when silver was around $4-$8. He actually followed through and sold the house, etc. to buy a formidable stash.

Very few around here would even buy it at $5 reasoning that it can be bought cheaper at $3-$4.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I'm not calling it

I'm inclined to believe it will fall back there.

perhaps I should have had some leveraged down ETF back in the 20s when I first suspected we might head back to pre-crises levels.

but that is an aside to the topic.

I'm asking what if it sees $5, what purchasing changes, if any, would be made. I would increase my purchases greatly.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's say silver hits $5 (not far to fall now) what are your buying plans?

Heavy? Same? Not at all?

I think I might hit the monster box levels. >>

Wow, $5 spot silver? I'd need to know the relative valuations of other kinds of assets, but it would be hard not to keep buying.

What kind of world has $5 or $50 silver?

the same kind as this one image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Assuming gold was also in the tank if silver hits $5 ....I too would load up big time on gold just for ease of storage.
    Would be nice!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Assuming gold was also in the tank if silver hits $5 ....I too would load up big time on gold just for ease of storage.
    Would be nice! >>

For ease of storage, nothing beats early US half dimes. You could easily store a million dollars in thimble. Use a fine diamond and you can fit $10 million in there

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy Buy Buy !
  • Options
    I can understand the gold questions.

If I were to ask the same question about gold the number would be $400. (not the lowest levels, but down near them)

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very few around here would even buy it at $5

I won't buy it at 5, cuz it ain't going that low.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    If silver trends lower from $15 all the way to $5 over the next year or several years, I'd probably be buying. The only decision for me would be ATBs vs. ASEs vs. 90%. I'm leaning towards ATBs.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very few around here would even buy it at $5

I won't buy it at 5, cuz it ain't going that low. >>

I tend to agree. And that's why I doubt those same people hoping for $5 or $8 or even $10 might not get it. And they certainly won't considering buying "way up here" in the $14 range (or $12-$13). Basically, they won't be buying ever again until there are years of positive gains, and it costs them 2X, 3X, or 4X what it is today. Buy high....sell low.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Let's say … "

That's about enough to say "let's not".
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If silver really drops to $5 I'm gonna build a small house out of 100 ounce bars. >>