Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll - The 2015 Ultra High Relief - Another Gold Kennedy or a smash hit? How many did you buy?

I'll admit to buying two. One to keep for my collection and one for the nice people on eBay

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZERO
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Bought 10. 1 for me 9 for resale
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more than one to make my own 70

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flop not a flip Big "0" for me. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A single example. To slab or not is the next question.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One, for my collection. Call me the odd man out, but I really like the design. My only difficulty was with the premium. But after the quick sellout, I'm happy I bought one...

I'll cart it along to the Public Friday next month and submit it with the rest of my order(s).
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    none, do not need it.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero

This piece does not interest me in the least.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought none and don't believe this is a flip candidate!! I believe when the bills come due in 30 days it will be a race to a bottom for these as nervous flippers head for the exits.
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I like the design, but with the mintage and $1500 price tag, I don't see this as a flip opportunity. I think I'll pick one up once the price settles.
    Dan
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like another Gold Kennedy

<<

<< There have been sales at $1750 on Ebay. After fees and shipping how are they making money >>

'Break Even' if your selling using PayPal (without a Store or any discounts) needs a BIN price of at least $1,739.80. >>

"There have been sales at $1750 on Ebay. After fees and shipping how are they making money"

Well, there you go. An easy $10.20 profit!
  • Options
    You're figuring 10% seller fee. If they have a store it's 6% fee. Still not worth it to me.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold commemorative coins tend to do poorly during declining gold prices. I'm on the sidelines with this one.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I fully intended to sit this one out - I swear ! image

Then at 12 :00 my obsession took over and I went to the website. Put 50 into my basket just to have
    a looksee at what crazy stuff might be up - instant backorder, sellout, whatever. Well it said I was over
    the limit for Credit Card orders!

OK so then I figured I want to order 1 just to have an in hand close up. A little later I decided I'd get
    another and send the best one in for my first slabbing ever.

Of course an hour after all that I figured oh get another and send in the best of 3. Luckily self control
    kicked in. I got 9 Bags of ATB Quarters instead.

And wouldn't you know the Quarters all shipped first. My 3rd Mint Order of the day is the first out the door.

Somehow I'd love to visit that Shipping Operation.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Zero --This piece does not interest me in the least. >>

I agree with Bill's above quoted post...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    How the F do you vote in these polls? Click this, click that, click whatever, makes no difference.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    flippers best to dump these early ...large supply quickly coming out there .. coupled with large Mint premium makes for interesting situation
  • Options
    I just took a look on Ebay. For some reason the listings all just look silly. All selling the same thing which is always the case but this time it just seems different.
  • Options
    I backorded one last night but came to my senses this morning and cancelled. The market will be flooded with these below issue price in a few months.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No interest.... nice to look at... but not for my collection - and certainly not for a stack. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I backorded one last night but came to my senses this morning and cancelled. The market will be flooded with these below issue price in a few months. >>

A lot of folks had similar thoughts on the UHR and now look at them. I sure wish I hadn't sold a couple so early.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I backorded one last night but came to my senses this morning and cancelled. The market will be flooded with these below issue price in a few months. >>

A lot of folks had similar thoughts on the UHR and now look at them. I sure wish I hadn't sold a couple so early.[/q

The Mint smartly priced the coin with a high enough premium over gold spot .. to take out the speculation wind out for now.. down the road ?... who knows
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Not me! It's not worth investing that kind of money on such a high mintage coin that is going nowhere but down to melt price.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not me! It's not worth investing that kind of money on such a high mintage coin that is going nowhere but down to melt price. >>

Just like the other high relief 1 oz gold coin with a mintage of more than double this coin?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the order count is up to now> how did Coin World come up with their numbers yesterday?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I didn't buy either. I will wait til 2016 for the gold walking liberty and gold mercury dime. Classics tend to do better than these new mint designs.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the zero camp as well. After the usual suspects get in and out, these will be cheaper on the aftermarket. Unlike the UHR Saint pieces, these have a ho-hum design that IMO will fizzle after the flippers and TV sellers are done (and thus we'll be able to buy them much cheaper later if desired). JMHO

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mints still open?

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My 2 ordered separately within the 1st hour are both at the USPS Origin facility in Memphis.

Expected to arrrive in Warren MI Post Office on Monday.

I'm eagarly wanti g to see them. Might keep one, or both. Might send one to be slabbed.

Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Zip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file