All trading suspended.....any inputs???? Must be serious... Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hack?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the Chinese infiltrate and steal MILLIONS of Federal Employee files, then the stoppage may
    well be linked to hanky panky on the Exchange by an outsider?

just a WAG

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Somethibg is going on. 1st an airline now this. Most likley china, our best friend!
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Trading continues at other exchanges without pause. The multiplicity
    of trading platforms is a huge improvement for market participants.

The improvement is both in continuity as shown today, but also trading costs
    have come way down.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After yesterday's huge decline and then a sling shot recovery, it doesn't look like the PTB liked today's big dip. China suspended trading numerous times recently to manage their dips. Maybe the SEC is taking a page from China? No doubt a lot of investors are a bit uneasy as of late as to market direction. The system can't handle "safely" the volume if the herd all moved at once.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    NYSE
    United Air
    WSJ.com
    Zerohedge.com

all in the same day. Any one is a big news item. All 4 at the same time...
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ok this is super weird. I couldnt remember where I read or heard that July 8th was a day of financial disaster. Then i searched my email and found this in the trash folder. This was sent to me on July 6th. I have no idea who sent this to me (or why) and i deleted it thinking it was stupid. Kinda creepy...

Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Why St. Louis?

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    All-star game is in St Louis. Maybe China is ticked that no Chinese player was named

BTW - that map looks like that everyday
  • Options
    CCHunterCCHunter Posts: 149

<< <i>All-star game is in St Louis. Maybe China is ticked that no Chinese player was named >>

WRONG... A/S Game is in Cincy this year!

NYSE trading suspended to keep the market from "sliding" any farther due to the China meltdown... the "hacking" substory is nothing more than a "false flag", pure and simple!

BST References upon request... Have Ebay rating of 3100+ w/100% positive FB.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why St. Louis? >>

The Budweiser beer recipe no doubt.............mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All-star game is in St Louis. Maybe China is ticked that no Chinese player was named >>

NYSE trading suspended to keep the market from "sliding" any farther due to the China meltdown... >>

That is your opinion obviously and is probably not fact. Extremely unlikely. All other exchanges functioned normally.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why St. Louis?

Just speculating.

Boeing in St. Louis, formerly McDonnell Douglas. Also Military Airlift Command at Scott Air Force Base near St. Louis. The Mapping Agency. Some other government installations as well.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Why St. Louis? >>

The Emerson Global Data Center that houses data for the NYSE is in St. Louis.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

NYSE trading suspended to keep the market from "sliding" any farther due to the China meltdown... >>

That is your opinion obviously and is probably not fact. Extremely unlikely. All other exchanges functioned normally.

Mark >>

How true....only 20% of all stock transactions are handled by the NYSE, the other 80% that are handled by the other exchanges and were not affected, but conspiracy baloney is alive and well.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOO!!

LOL
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why St. Louis? >>

The Emerson Global Data Center that houses data for the NYSE is in St. Louis. >>

Hmm that makes sense. Didnt know that.

• Options
    ....only 20% of all stock transactions are handled by the NYSE, the other 80% that are handled by the other exchanges and were not affected, but conspiracy baloney is alive and well.

I don't know whether you've had a chance to peruse this site, but you might want to spend a few minutes. It's not only St. Louis at this moment. It's also SAC AFB in Omaha. Microsoft also appears to be a target. Does everything have to be labeled "conspiracy" unless it's a feel-good stock market comment?

This site is realtime.

It's still ongoing.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>....only 20% of all stock transactions are handled by the NYSE, the other 80% that are handled by the other exchanges and were not affected, but conspiracy baloney is alive and well.

I don't know whether you've had a chance to peruse this site, but you might want to spend a few minutes. It's not only St. Louis at this moment. It's also SAC AFB in Omaha. Microsoft also appears to be a target. Does everything have to be labeled "conspiracy" unless it's a feel-good stock market comment?

This site is realtime.

It's still ongoing. >>

Interesting website, but meaningless when it came to yesterdays software glitches...(What's surprising, is the no. 2 spot of originatorsimage) NYSE is up and running smoothly, along with all the other exchanges..... We are living in the computer age and software glitches have and will happen again. (FYI SAC was disestablished in 1992)..Microsoft ..not sure what you're referring to...yes they have a glitch in windows 8.1 that's being corrected.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    If there were any merit to a NYSE trading conspiracy yesterday trading would still be halted today.

However, "Anonymous" did issue a cryptic tweet the day before indicating it might have been a hack.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BOO!!

LOL >>

Who didn't laugh ? image I admit, I did.
  • Options

• Options
    Microsoft ..not sure what you're referring to

The site is interactive. The 2 most frequently attacked targets are in St. Louis & Omaha. The 3rd most frequent target is in WA state - either Microsoft (or Boeing).

I knew it would happen.