Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help with older shipment from USMint....something for the flippers

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, the USMint redid their site and nuked the old info...and, to add more insult to it, I thought I had a lot of the info, but I found out I didn't.
I also had to redo my USMint login, AGAIN, just recently as they had lost my redone account.

So, anyways.....

I have a larger box, labeled 6lbs, that has a date of 11/10/11 on it. 15"Lx11"Wx8"H
It is unopened. I am thinking it may be 5 sets of the 25th SAE Annv release. Does this seem right with folks? The weight and the timing?

I have another one I found that is unopened and goes back even more years to the "Fulfillment Center" when things shipped out of Memphis, and was shipped USPS. Regrettably, any notes I had on that one are gone as well image I don't think that one could be found again. 10"Lx6.25"Wx3"H

Since it is unopened, I know it is FS eligible for SOME release, but I can't even figure out the year. I am reasonably certain it isn't the 2006 SAE Annv set (that is labeled and in another unopened box).

I'm trying to think what would have been from the timeframe this would have been shipped during (2006-whenever they changed from Memphis and calling themselves "Fulfillment Center" and using USPS with "Carrier Leave if no response").
Any thoughts? I don't know if there is 1 thing in the box or more.....From shaking it, I think it is just 1 box inside the outer box....

Update: I did find the notes for the big box (listed first in this post). 2 sets of the 2011 25th SAE Annv Sets. That's why, to me, it was different than my opened box group of 5 sets (weight wise). Same box size but weight was much lighter. Now I know why. Only 2 sets in there.
Still trying to find notes on the smaller box....argh....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help, but is it wrong that I chuckled as I read your post? image
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if you search your email you have a confirmation email?
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps if you search your email you have a confirmation email? >>

This...and I hope you figure it out buddy.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't help, but is it wrong that I chuckled as I read your post? image >>

Not at all image

I like a little mystery and I wanted to leave a few things for my son to make a decision on down the road (unless sold before then for whatever reason). BUT, I still wanted to know what was in each box. I should have kept my notes better....
    (I don't want him to get an unopened box of friggin' 2007 Mint Sets or Clad Proof Sets, when I was thinking it was a nice SAE set). I could end up squashing some potential value by opening them or could always waste money and send to PCGS as a mystery box image

Btw....I laughed at myself a few times over this.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Perhaps if you search your email you have a confirmation email? >>

A thought, but not likely as they were, stupidly, going to a work email address back then....and I no longer work there.....so no longer have access to that OLD OLD email....

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always grab a sharpie and right "do not open" and then its contents on the outside of the box...I know this doesn't help you now, but maybe in the future it will image
  • Options

<< <i>I always grab a sharpie and right "do not open" and then its contents on the outside of the box...I know this doesn't help you now, but maybe in the future it will image >>

Thanks Erik. I actually did that with most of them....these 2 were in a corner that was ignored for awhile and didn't get it done. I live, I learn. image

• Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    if you can't solve the puzzle, your best bet is to bring them to a show, where you should be able to open them in front of a PCGS rep who can certify the first strike qualification for whatever is in the box.
  • Options

<< <i>if you can't solve the puzzle, your best bet is to bring them to a show, where you should be able to open them in front of a PCGS rep who can certify the first strike qualification for whatever is in the box. >>

Thanks. Very good suggestion.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it up for auction as an "unsearched box". image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X-rays are a wonderful thing....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>something for the flippers >>

That time frame has long gone by by.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your mint account under "my account" check your "order history." You will see all of your orders by date with order number. Click on order number and you will see a description with tracking number. Use the tracking number or the order number on your package to determine contents. My order history goes back to 2008.

You can also screenshot these orders to forward to a buyer to prove what is inside the package. I have saved a screenshot of each just in case they wipe them from the mint's site.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just look unless your doing a large quantity First Strike labels have lost me money, the guys who put together the bulk shipments are the only winners it seems. And PCGS.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there an order number on the outside?

if so, post everything but the last 3. also a date, if there is one.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>In your mint account under "my account" check your "order history." You will see all of your orders by date with order number. Click on order number and you will see a description with tracking number. Use the tracking number or the order number on your package to determine contents. My order history goes back to 2008.

You can also screenshot these orders to forward to a buyer to prove what is inside the package. I have saved a screenshot of each just in case they wipe them from the mint's site. >>

Thanks for the attempt. However, as I mentioned, the USMint "lost" my account, twice, and I had to redo it. The 2nd time, most recently, everything was gone. I only have the very last order I did.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is there an order number on the outside?

if so, post everything but the last 3. also a date, if there is one. >>

The reason for not showing the last 3 digits or using 124xxx is that in the past if someone/anyone had your last name and order number they could cancel your order. I don't think that's possible anymore and surely not for something that old.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the label had a product code number on it somewhere, you could trace that number back to the contents.
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>

The reason for not showing the last 3 digits or using 124xxx is that in the past if someone/anyone had your last name and order number they could cancel your order. I don't think that's possible any more and surely not for something that old. >>

that's all I'd be using in google

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me different, but I usually open my packages so I know if they contain that which they are supposed to contain.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

At the risk of it coming up with the address if someone is successful.....

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a cool giveaway
    I'm in!!
    I just hope they're not circ strike prez bucks
  • Options
    13814 not found searching the forums using google

my order history dates back to 2008 and starts 27697xxx

• Options

<< <i>What a cool giveaway
    I'm in!!
    I just hope they're not circ strike prez bucks >>

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought the label had a product code number on it somewhere, you could trace that number back to the contents. >>

Not if it is a mixed order shipment. Which this might be.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I called the Mint for you and there is nothing on the package that indicates the order number or contents.
    As a side note, they also said they haven't received my returned 2015 silver proof set yet.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Call me different, but I usually open my packages so I know if they contain that which they are supposed to contain. >>

You radical, you! image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,481 ✭✭✭✭
    I've kept my order history on an excel spreadsheet back to Dec 29th, 2000. I had ordering history before that but I never kept track of it.

I guess, the problem with "unopened" shipping boxes is that you just never really know whats inside them. At least in the past, they were labeled for the contents. Registered mail had its perks back then.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auction it off!!!image
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my records. Closest order numbers I have:

10/21/03, order # 13711xxx: Silver proof set and AR FSQ.
    1/25/04, order # 14065xxx: five cent rolls (L&C commem nickels.)

So if your order really was 13814xxx, it falls within those dates. Could it be an '03 silver proof set?

(For laughs, my first web order from the mint has an order # 446 4xxx. My last order before they changed the numbering: 4387 1xxx.)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite the situation Ron.... and surprising since you always have seemed so organized...hope you figure it out... .Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Quite the situation Ron.... and surprising since you always have seemed so organized...hope you figure it out... .Cheers, RickO >>

this happened to me once.

I started writing on the box.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd just open the silly box and be done with it. I can't think of anything from late 2003 that's going to be uber-valuable even with a FS label- but if that is important to you then the suggestion of opening it at a PCGS table at a show is a good one.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>Quite the situation Ron.... and surprising since you always have seemed so organized...hope you figure it out... .Cheers, RickO >>

Yeah...all the other boxes have writing on them, and notes, etc. The USMint online record in my account was the backup. The backup is gone, and these 2 particular boxes escaped the pen, for whatever reason (the small one was out away in a corner and was missed). The additional record was corrupted/lost, so, it is what it is.

Oh well....may end up with a fun little unboxing with my son, if we don't go to a larger show where PCGS is.

It's all good....sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Just wasn't sure if someone may have some vision into these things that I was missing. image

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    By all means, contact Geraldo. He may do a TV Special where the unknown Treasure is opened before a National TV
    Audience.

Offers might flow in after the show. image
  • Options
    I had to call the mint today for a return and actually had a helpful person.
    So, I asked Sheila about this situation and she looked into it. My original account, of 13 years, was still there. For whatever reason, I just couldn't access it.
    I also shouldn't have been able to create the new account (same email address) but I did.....so.....

We resuscitated my original account, I was able to find my order on this package and......
    I was disappointed. Just a group of 50th Annv Kennedy Silver 1/2$ sets I never bothered to open.
    Sigh.......bottom probably out on them anyway, I'm not going to send in. I think I just wanted one for our collection but I have whatever $200 purchased.

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    My understanding is many accounts like mine at the Mint got "nuked" I had to set up a new account with the same email address as my old one. After doing so, none of my ourchase history was restored. It acted like a brand new account.

HOWEVER, I was on the phone with the Mint and they said they can access my order history and send it to me if I wanted.

So, give them a call.

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file