Home Precious Metals
Options

Are PM's range bound?

Has me wondering. Take care. jws

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the national debt range bound? Are interest rates range bound? Is the inflation rate range bound?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that yes, interest and inflation rates are range bound.
    The persistently weak economy is keeping them both in check.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems to me that yes, interest and inflation rates are range bound.
    The persistently weak economy is keeping them both in check. >>

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As anticipated. Consolidation is your friend.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    If you're lucky.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, no..... they will move, up or down, depending on financial and world affairs..... and the degree of movement will be in proportion to the events.
    Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM's at this point, appear to be DOA....image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PM's at this point, appear to be DOA....image >>

Just wait til the burial... Fun times...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the answers. I just play the cards I'm dealt. And the downer they go, the lower the buy price…. No matter the range, the market stays open.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Kinda like staying on the Titanic at this point!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kinda like staying on the Titanic at this point!
    image >>

At least on the Titanic they got a cold bath at the end image I'm staying on board until I hit my goal. Slow and steady, all the while diversifying in other areas.

• Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Yes, the paper price is in the range that the Banksters have decided, for now.

They will take it lower, they promise.
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are PM's range bound?

Yes, I do believe that they are. Silver has support at 15 and resistance at 19; Gold has support at 1100 and resistance at 1300.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Yes, the paper price is in the range that the Banksters have decided, for now.

They will take it lower, they promise. >>

??? So if you don't buy physical metals with paper money, what do you buy it with?...
    Anyone here or know of anyone that can't buy any physical metal with cash, check, wire, mo, etc?... From non bankers?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Are PM's range bound?

Yes, I do believe that they are. Silver has support at 15 and resistance at 19; Gold has support at 1100 and resistance at 1300. >>

It's support til it ain't ... After all how much support can you get with paper?...lol... And 2 dimensional lines?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Oh, and those "bankers"....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>??? So if you don't buy physical metals with paper money, what do you buy it with?... >>

There is no way that you actually thought this is what he meant.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Hilarious!

I think rawteam1 is serious with that.

Whelp, I've done my work here...cya later
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is really whether the dollar is rangebound.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>??? So if you don't buy physical metals with paper money, what do you buy it with?... >>

There is no way that you actually thought this is what he meant. >>

Lol, if you had an original thought or could think outside a straight line, you might be able to at least have a quarter intelligent post, lol, but then again your dangerous now more than ever...

By the way which bankers exactly set the phyzz price?... And what time do they do it?, oh and where?....
    And your insinuating I personally have to go by it?....

keceph `anah
  • Options
    There's a floor and a ceiling, mates. If you haven't seen it since the 70's, you ain't been in the room. Every once in a while there's a spike as it trends upwards, in time.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

There is no way that you actually thought this is what he meant. >>

Lol, if you had an original thought or could think outside a straight line, you might be able to at least have a quarter intelligent post, lol, but then again your dangerous now more than ever...

By the way which bankers exactly set the phyzz price?... And what time do they do it?, oh and where?....
    And your insinuating I personally have to go by it?.... >>

Dont forget to take your meds
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Thanks so much for Such an intelligent response ...lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks so much for Such an intelligent response ...lol >>

Friday, 20th March 2015.

The LBMA Gold Price today replaced the historic London Gold Fix. The first LBMA Gold Price settled at $1,171.75. ICE Benchmark Administration (IBA) administers the “LBMA Gold Price”. They provide the auction platform, methodology as well as overall independent administration and governance for the LBMA Gold Price. The LBMA holds the intellectual property rights.

Background

The London Gold Fix pricing mechanism has been replaced by a new electronic LBMA price-discovery process from Friday, 20th March 2015. The price continues to be set twice daily (at 10:30 and 15:00 London GMT) in US dollars. Sterling and Euro prices are available but they are indicative prices for settlement only. The new LBMA Gold Price is operated and administered by an independent third party provider, ICE Benchmark Administration (IBA), who were chosen following consultation with market participants. IBA provides the price platform, methodology as well as the overall administration and governance for the LBMA Gold Price. The IBA's platform provides an electronic, auction-based, tradeable, auditable and fully IOSCO-compliant solution for the London bullion market. For further information contact the LBMA at Au.Consult@lbma.org.uk or the IBA at iba@theice.com.

Accredited Price Participants

There are seven price participants who have been accredited to contribute to the LBMA Gold Price: Barclays Bank, Goldman Sachs International, HSBC Bank USA NA, JP Morgan, Societe Generale, The Bank of Nova Scotia - ScotiaMocatta and UBS.

Here ya Go!
  • Options
    I don't know of any bullion companies that have ever used the London fix and I doubt that any use this current price discovery for London as the barometer for their retail bullion prices, and I can almost guarantee that no individual would....or make that an intelligent individual that deals exclusively in precious metals ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know of any bullion companies that have ever used the London fix and I doubt that any use this current price discovery for London as the barometer for their retail bullion prices, and I can almost guarantee that no individual would....or make that an intelligent individual that deals exclusively in precious metals ... >>

Does your intimate relationship with all these bullion companies provide you with info on how they do price their retail bullion products?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know of any bullion companies that have ever used the London fix and I doubt that any use this current price discovery for London as the barometer for their retail bullion prices, and I can almost guarantee that no individual would....or make that an intelligent individual that deals exclusively in precious metals ... >>

Does your intimate relationship with all these bullion companies provide you with info on how they do price their retail bullion products? >>

No, just common sense, if you find one who does please let us know...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Does your intimate relationship with all these bullion companies provide you with info on how they do price their retail bullion products? >>

No, just common sense, if you find one who does please let us know... >>

So, as usual, you are guessing?

By the way, the US Mint uses the London fix to establish prices on its silver bullion.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Yes August 2014 coin world article, for "all" products , however silver bullion can't be bought by any retail buyers at that price thru the mint...

Edit to add- in other words that I do believe would be considered a wholesale transaction ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Yes they are. They will stay in a range that makes users wonder why they bother watching.